SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Aviation: KLM offers choice of single serving friends

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/8956943/Airline-offers-chance-to-pick-who-you-sit-next-to-using-Facebook.html

I think it's a horrible idea but it may have potential for baiting. I've no idea how, but I'll leave it to others. OTOH, the mile high clubbers will be yipping like hell all the way from Schipol to wherever.

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nutty idea. It matters to me where I sit (over the wing area) but it really doesn't much matter to me who I sit beside except I don't want to sit beside Alec Baldwin who refused to stop playing his silly Word game when asked by the airline staff and put up a big fuss.

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/12/baldwin-american-airlines-story/581045/1

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can think of circumstances when this could be useful.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It could enable people with like minded interests to while away the time on a long and boring flight or at least enable passengers to avoid being stuck alongside the traveller from hell.

I can see it being used for much more sinister purposes. I hope it doesn't catch on.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craig007 wrote:
Quote:
the traveller from hell.

That would be the person I said beside when I went across the pond to Europe not long ago. She was drinking booze and popping pain pills.

After 2 wks I discovered she was on the return flight. I made sure I was not seated beside her again. Fortunately it was an AirBus 330 and had a whole row of middle seats vacant and they put me in that row.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not exactly airline related but I had the misfortune to be sitting next to a guy almost as big as that guy in lakeside77's post on a bus from Sydney to Canberra last year. Even though my halo might have slipped, it's not that big. Even so, that guy next to me took up so much of my seat I was forced to sit jammed up against the window in a twisted angle for 3-1/4 hours and he had the hide to winge the whole trip in a loud voice about how much space I was taking up. Unfortunately I couldn't move to another seat as the bus was full. At least it was a non stop service.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Some airlines make those people pay for 2 seats. If he only paid for one and spilled over into the next seat the flight attendants IMHO should have done something, made him debark the plane, go pay for 2 seats on another flight. There is no reason that someone should be jammed up like you were in an already a smaller-than-small space.

Mr. Le Fay works in the airplane furbishing business and I know which airlines have the smallest seats and refuse to fly that airline and I know which airlines have the best safety records.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Interesting. Can you share this information/give a hint, or is it supersecretconfidential? Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me find out the latest on this. I do know Alaska Airlines has the best safety record (per the guys that work on them)

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Morgain Le Fay wrote:
I know which airlines have the smallest seats

Does one of those airlines have the initials "US" in its name? About ten years ago I started driving to the east coast rather than flying on one of their sardine cans (I am 6 feet 2 inches).

That picture was taken by an American Airlines flight attendant who wanted to convince her supervisors that a firm policy for obese passengers was needed. Nobody knew for sure why the gate agents allowed that guy to board without two seats.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Morgain Le Fay wrote:

Mr. Le Fay works in the airplane furbishing business and I know which airlines have the smallest seats and refuse to fly that airline and I know which airlines have the best safety records.

I worked in aviation security for over 10 years until I took a redundancy in 2006. Still have contacts in aviation security so can still keep up to date with the best safety records, etc.

A certain "flying rat" is not high on my list of favourite airlines to fly on.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic