SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Can they find you?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Don Logan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there any way that lads can find you via your IP address?

I'm just getting into it and have read up on some baiting info and am ready to start one. But before i start, i'm wondering if there's any way they can get your address through an IP tracker?

Thanks.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

99.9 % of the time, your IP isn't going to reveal anything about you other than your general area.....and even then that may be inaccurate, depending on the tower location that you use to access the internet in the first place.

If you are baiting from work, this may be different depending on how your IT folks set your system up.

If it is a concern check what your IP reveals about you, but really and for the most part, it isn't anything baiters need to worrry about - I only ever stripped my IP in my baits because I usually claim to be from a totally different area/country than I really am.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you use a Gmail address then your IP address is stripped out, so they won't have a clue where you are. Which is why we recommend baiting from a Gmail address.

If you use a Yahoo address then it does pass your IP address through, but even then that might not be a problem as your IP address could place you hundreds of miles from where you really are.

Try going to http://www.iptrackeronline.com/ and it will tell you where your IP address locates you and how close for comfort it is.

Edit: Ninja'd by Ted Crying or Very sad

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Don Logan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, do i need to find out my internal or my external IP address?
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you click on the link I gave you it will take you to the home page of IPTrackeronline, where it will give you a report for your IP address, what you see there is what anyone would see if they received an email from you via Yahoo.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Don Logan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, i've got a gmail one now. Gonna get harvesting...
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don Logan wrote:
. . .Gonna get harvesting...

Be careful on your "harvesting" if you are meaning you are going to "harvest" to do ASEMs. If you are doing for ASEMs be sure to read: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1666531

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightly off topic but I suggest that once in a while you Google your own name and see what you get.

Bait safe!
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

worth picking up a lad from "surplus lads" to begin with. You know it's a scam then and you have his 1st format to start with.

Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Turn off auto image view and download. Loading images from a server under their control will reveal the IP of the machine requesting the image. Google web bugs and 1X1 clear pixels for more info. If you own a web server, this can be used to get the IP of your Gmail lads.

Most Internet cafe lads do not have this. Fake bank site lads may have this.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
boxman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another good email that hides your IP is hushmail. I have been running a few baits from there.
Didn't know about the image thing though. I guess I should be careful about that. I have sent one or two documents I have found on here which I do not think is a problem.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Easiest way to see if you're safe is to just Google your own IP. If there's no personal details on there, it's unlikely a lad can ever find you by using it.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Scam Meister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

B8er wrote:
If you use a Gmail address then your IP address is stripped out, so they won't have a clue where you are. Which is why we recommend baiting from a Gmail address.

I tested G-mail, Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL yesterday and found G-mail to be the only one that did NOT provide my actual personal IP address in e-mails. Which must be why so many scammers use G-mail also.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless you have a static IP address from your service provider (if you don't know, you probably don't), there is likely very little information anyone can get from your IP anyway. And even if it is a static address, most of the time, the location online shows your service provider's hub not your home. Without a court order, most ISP's are not going to release your details. When I first joined here I was paranoid about IP addresses and my mentor's response was, "I could care less if a lad tattood my IP on their forehead." While I wouldn't go quite that far, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. Probably the biggest danger of making your IP known, is that if you really piss off a lad they could use that to target your computer for hacking.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem I see with a static IP address is that no matter what e-mail account names (unless it's G-mail) a baiter uses, his/her IP address will always be the same. In the event the scammers keep track of this, and I, for one, am sure they are on this forum right now for its intel value, then you could be spinning your wheels during a baiting op.
Scam Meister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Two other thoughts while they are etched in my brain.

1) You should always Google your IP address to see what, if anything is out there.

Several years ago I Googled my IP address. I was very surprised to see it appear in connection with the forum of a friend. The signup process resulted in my IP address being connected with my handle. But with my handle one could then go a Googling, see where else that handle was on the Internet, and if one invested some time, actually reasonably figure out who I am.

2) I often use my mobile phone to e-mail back to scammers. Sometimes it's a hassle (e.g. if I wanted to upload an attachment), but mostly it's a good buffer. I have tested it and the most that appears is the server of the mobile phone service provider I use, and/or the servers of the web based e-mail service provider.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some lads might occasionally find this forum. When they do, they might even be able to work out that we mess with them. A few have posted here, in misguided attempts to convince us that they are not scammers. As far as regularly monitoring the forum for intel, keeping detailed logs of IP addresses, etc.? Not likely. I have baited the same lad from the same email account with two different names AT THE SAME TIME and it took several weeks for them to realize it. Granted not all lads are that stupid, but most of them are focused only on the money at the end and not really paying attention to anything else.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you could use an old notebook with a mobile internet connection (prepaid). as you just send some mails via mobile network, you don't get much traffic.

your normal working pc would be perfectly safe, as there is no direct data connection between notebook and pc.

an extra bonus: if the network provider uses provider based nat (native address translation). suddenly all users have one single or at least a few IP addresses.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Scam Meister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing I also often wonder about, and am not convinced is not a valid concern, is that with an IP address a sophisticated computer type couldn't do something to the computer(s) connected to that IP address.
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this type would have to do a complete portscan for open ports.

some routers are very vulnerable, like offering the admin-panel (with standard password) to the outside.

if you are directly connected to the internet, you have to rely on a personal firewall (like zonealarm or the windows firewall). they do their job, but who knows.

that's why I suggested the way with the mobile provider. one could hide in a crowd of millions of other people.

another thing is, especially in germany, there are forced disconnects every 24 hours. the reason is to refresh the line, and to be more efficient with dynamically provided IP addresses (DHCP). in our case, this would mean, that after 24 hours, the IP in the header is useless, because there is a completely different user behind it.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
Lew_Skannen
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are in more danger of being attacked by a Nepalese shark.

michibait
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat419 wrote:
....And even if it is a static address, most of the time, the location online shows your service provider's hub not your home.

It's good to periodically check where your IP tracks to.
Mine had been showing a location about 150 miles from me. I just now checked it, resolved to an empty field about a mile from me now.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can they find you? Yes, but are they smart enough and does it bring them something? I don't think so.
I never had one show up to ask for my character(s) in the last five years

No worries, stick with the rules and nothing will happen

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read my baiting webmails through Tor. If a lad sends me a web bug, he'll get a Tor exit node, not my own IP address.

An internal address (10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x, and there's another range) is irrelevant. Not only does 192.168.100.1 not tell anything about where you are, there are millions of devices with that number. It's the external address you need to look up.

There is at least one instance of a lad looking up an IP address. This was a hitlad who said he'd be coming to Mountain View and named some streets. The streets are in the neighborhood of Gmail, because that's what the baiter was using.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
Can they find you? Yes,

Really... how exactly?

Tsnerd wrote:
99.9 % of the time, your IP isn't going to reveal anything about you other than your general area.....and even then that may be inaccurate, depending on the tower location that you use to access the internet in the first place.

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Easiest way to see if you're safe is to just Google your own IP. If there's no personal details on there, it's unlikely a lad can ever find you by using it.

Those two responses answer the OP's question along with some others. Everyone else is just going to confuse the OP and the IP issue, or lack there of.

Scam Meister wrote:
in the event the scammers keep track of this, and I, for one, am sure they are on this forum right now for its intel value,

They won't and they aren't. I think you are over thinking things.

Scam Meister wrote:
One thing I also often wonder about, and am not convinced is not a valid concern, is that with an IP address a sophisticated computer type couldn't do something to the computer(s) connected to that IP address

Yep, you are over thinking things Laughing Very Happy

vonpaso xlura wrote:
There is at least one instance of a lad looking up an IP address. This was a hitlad who said he'd be coming to Mountain View and named some streets. The streets are in the neighborhood of Gmail, because that's what the baiter was using.

The city erected this sign

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic