SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Most Impressive Lad You've Ever Dealt Wtih...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
modokmind
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As disorganized as these guys seem, I was just wondering if any of you in your baiting activities have ever encountered a lad that in one way or another earned your respect. So far the ones I've dealt with all have the common characteristic of being extremely lazy; but somewhere out there must exist the Sun-Tzu of lads who is playing a chess game where he actually gets his victims to offer money instead of asking for it. While I personally doubt that this lad exists, it nevertheless made me wonder about the most impressive lad some of the more experienced baiters on this site have dealt with.

And you can define impressive any way you want, from originality of the initial email to the way he responded to your email requests so as to deflect one of your questions or an explaination they gave for a particular request.

Last edited by modokmind on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes we do underestimate scammers. Some of them are running clever and sophisticated scams. More often, we see evidence of those at ScamWarners rather than here at Eater.

I'll use "impressive" to describe a bold and memorable lad. No scammer will ever earn my respect but this one was certainly clever and unpredictable.
After I profiled his information at ScamWarners, he joined the ScamWarners forum pretending to be a victim. As his accounts were banned, he rejoined a few different times, with a nod to me in his username (usernames with: Love for Jillian, which is my username there). He was banned from the forum four times. He then proceeded to chat with me via email for a while, openly admitting to being a scammer.
Nearly a year later, he registered and posted again, again with a nod to me. http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10051

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I do like that Floyd song he chose to quote.

They aren't worthy of respect, as Ima points out, but many are skilled manipulators with developed social engineering skills...most are smart and clever, especially at the higher levels.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We do tend to underestimate scammers. There certainly are some rank amateurs winging it on their own in the Internet café, but there are also many very sophisticated gangs. It's extremely common to notice a distinct improvement in a scammer's language ability as a bait advances. The 'catchers' are at the bottom rung, culling through all the replies in search of victims with potential. When one appears, a higher level lad takes over. As you're passed up the chain it's very common to end up working with several lads, sometimes continuing to use the original name but more often playing another role.

Even lads who can be coerced by good baiters to do seemingly stupid things are not necessarily dumb, just willing to do what it takes to keep a victim in whom they believe. That's the real benefit of straight baiting. It takes a lot of time but once a lad is seriously invested in your character, both in time and belief, you can get him to do seemingly nutty things. But that's because a baiter makes everything so believable he accepts it. It's not necessarily a sign that he's dumb.

I've dealt with a couple of very high level ogas. They are far more challenging to bait than the average lad. It becomes a much more serious chess game when you are facing a lad with a lot of experience, and unfortunately a lot of success. They are expert manipulators and they can easily brush off many of the ploys baiters rely on with lower level lads.

They can be impressively intelligent and unfortunately good at what they do, but I certainly don't have any respect for them. I just enjoy outsmarting them -- and when the bait finally does go south, leaving them thinking that they somehow screwed up. The key is to never, ever let them know you are not a real victim.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The ones we hear about here, and who provide such fine entertainment, are generally pretty dumb and often serve as heads-on-sticks to encourage further baiting, but there are other ones who take a lot of work to unhinge. Their skill levels vary a great deal.

Man of many names
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I once baited a vlad, and set up a fake company site that I hosted with my home DSL line and dyndns. After the lad figured out he'd been had, either he, or his friends first tried to hack into my home server and when that failed, DDoSed me for several days.

After that I was way more careful leaving any traces of my real identity!

In another case I sent a lad a very carefully shopped picture. He spotted it as a fake as I had forgotten to modify one reflective surface so the added object didn't show up there. I had stared the picture for hours at that point and didn't see that until the lad pointed it out. Damn! And this was from someone, whose 'passport' was a BMP edited with Windows' paint!
modokmind
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
They aren't worthy of respect, as Ima points out, but many are skilled manipulators with developed social engineering skills...most are smart and clever, especially at the higher levels.

Perhaps respect was not the best word. Maybe more just considering them a worthy opponent? Anyone else have any stories about meeting the Sun-Tzu of lads?
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It'll always be Sanny Sanny for me. (See below) Wink

Before he gave me my sig line, he would phone almost every day to ask how I was, and could I think of any ways he could make the money he needed to put himself through college. He sounded genuine about wanting to study civil engineering, was quite young, bright and well spoken.

He was more of a beggar than out and out scammer, never asked for any money (hoping I would offer to give him money rather than cheat me out of it), so I didn't go that hard on him. I do find myself wondering now and then if he ever did actually get into uni?

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Dickboi" impressed me by the sheer amount of work that he would do for all of us co-baiters. I'm talking about 15-16 hour days, 365 days/yr. for 2 1/2 years! That lad worked his ass off for us. I have never ran into another one who worked even half as hard as he did.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Anyone else have any stories about meeting the Sun-Tzu of lads?

I don't see why such a lad would waste time with a joker, if there isn't money to be made. He'd just drop it. I guess a wealthy oga with much time on his hands and lots of guymen doing the work for him might play.

Now, I wouldn't call the team-baited, well-traveled lad from my signature a "Sun-Tzu" by any means, but he has been persistent and resourceful over the last 2 1/2 years. In fact sometimes I worry that all his traveling has educated him to some extent. He's traveled more miles and more places than I ever have.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One bait comes to mind. This was not a single lad but clearly a gang with connections between West Africa and the US. It started with a web site I set up for baiting charity lads. I created a fake charitable organization and took great care to make the site realistic and very difficult determine that it was not legit. I hooked one lad by portraying myself as an employee of the organization who was trying to scam grant money from his employer with the lad's help.

The first few weeks of emails were from West Africa. As it became clear that major money was at stake, the bait got passed to someone in the US. As Juan said, the language skills improved slightly and the bait went from being full-speed-ahead to very cautious. At the same time, I noticed the number of hits to my fake charity web site went up dramatically (from 2-3 hits per day to over 50 hits per day for several days). A week or so later I got a furious email from the US end of this gang where he laid out, in detail, his entire case that my charity was a fraud.

I mean this guy did his homework and he did it well. It took him a lot of effort to come to the correct conclusion that he was being played. He was royally pissed off at me I'm sure because of the amount of time and effort he put in to making a decision as to whether or not to believe me. I stopped writing to the original lad (who had been slowly playing along while this investigation was carried out) and that should have been the end of the story - but it wasn't.

Long story short... over the next few weeks it became clear that someone was trying to get me to bait them. I strongly suspected it was the US end of the gang hoping to get more detailed information about me and my location. To address your original question, these guys impressed me with their knowledge and diligence. They also reinforced the importance of safe baiting because I strongly suspect these guys were out for revenge.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Slapbabe on the Dickboi.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rather than "impressed" I am "amazed" at Shorty and Hector continuing so long at the scam without getting a penny. In Shorty's case I think there is a mental gene that went haywire or his mother dropped him on his head as a baby.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't really call the Auto Trader guy impressive but he was mocking up fake sites about as fast as the FB crew could kill his others.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
modokmind
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Corona wrote:
I'm with Slapbabe on the Dickboi.

I guess I have to ask, who is Dickboi and where can I read that bait?
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do a search with Dickboi as subject and Ninastian as author. Be warned; it's a long read.

He actually ran three separate scams on my Captain Mal before things came to an end.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
modokmind
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info Yastreb. I was also wondering if anyone had ever dealt with a lad that was obviously college educated? Because I have to say the more I read about the people that fall for the ploys of these lads the more I wonder what actually it is that separates a lad like Dickboi from a lad that successfully scams someone out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. For instance, I don't think the two lads I'm currently baiting could get free coupons much less the thousands of dollars they are trying to get out of me.
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it's the right victim with the right scam.

A friend of my Ex's got a divorce and sent all of her stuff to a guy she was going to marry in UK. Her payment was a box of stolen CC's that she dutifully sent to someone else here in the USA. Shortly after the FBI was knocking on her door. She almost got 10 years in the graybar hotel. I don't know if the feds ever caught up with him.
crotcheecher
Agent 003-1/2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Big Al: So... she got scammed and almost went to jail for it? Or am I misunderstanding that? The thought of a victim going to jail/prison sickens me as much as the person that made them a victim....

Closed lad accounts x9 Easter Egg 2012

"You are playing with your life and your family life..." - Mr no Name

Listen the the Eater album made by Eater members!
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic