SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Does Nigerian Culture Glorify Scamming?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
eljeffe
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure these videos have been posted before here, but I just came across them.

Crazy how much nigerians glorify scammers

And check out the COMMENTS on these videos, so many people SUPPORT the scammers and say 'f*ck the white man' etc.

Olu Maintain's Yahooze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBP2RkKsryg
This ones not completely in english, but from the video and the comments I think this song is about romance scammers, and laughing at the innocent people they fool? If anybody can translate, that'd be cool

Nkem Owoh's I go chop you dollar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktz7vc70hZ8

Maga Don Pay by Kelly Hansome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0N_eFUUslM

ON THE OTHER SIDE.

I will give these guys credit for making this ANTI-SCAMMING song to persuade nigerians to not scam

Maga No Need Pay - Anti Scamming Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM7IuD0t_f0&
(On another note, THIS song is actually quite good - no joke - nicely produced and catchy!)

I love this - "I don't need no maga, just work hard..." LOL

Is it just me, or is scamming there like drug use to us?

just say NO to scamming

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well first of all, a few video's dont speak for the whole population.
However these songs are written out of pride for their scamming deeds, a way of insulting the "maga". And it is disgusting that any record company would allow it to be produced.

As for Maga don't need pay, it pleases me theres still some sanity left, and pleases me that people are willing to stand up against them

Me:you gonna poo on me?
Abraham 0gho:Until u become honest

Ming Yang: hold for 15mins please i want make use of the bathroom
eljeffe
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently the two artists promoting scamming are rather popular artists and well known....

It's quite unfortunate, as they're putting it in Nigerians heads that they need to scam in order to be successful, etc etc

Associate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The best known of those songs, Nkem Owo's "I Go Chop Your Dolla", was from the movie "The Master." The song is actually meant to be satirical, not to actually encourage scamming (although it's very easy to understand how the song could be misinterpreted). The movie tells the story of a lad who is scammed by one of his own countrymen, and ultimately ends up going to work for the scammer/oga as a gang member scamming westerners. If you see the movie the basic moral of the film is crystal clear: scamming is immoral, and ultimately does not pay. The lad in the film finds out the hard way.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
sagat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The culture does not glorify scamming (this is generalisation) the videos are meant to make fun of victims of scams (which is of course wrong)
EU321
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Read Olu Maintain lyrics and I don't see anything wrong with the song except they are singing about money.

who are you and what are trying to do? why are you playing with me? JACK 5MITH

WE DON’T PALY HERE, WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR GAMES. United R1vals after 30x MTCN v4ult logins
eljeffe
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan Freizwidatt wrote:
The best known of those songs, Nkem Owo's "I Go Chop Your Dolla", was from the movie "The Master." The song is actually meant to be satirical, not to actually encourage scamming (although it's very easy to understand how the song could be misinterpreted). The movie tells the story of a lad who is scammed by one of his own countrymen, and ultimately ends up going to work for the scammer/oga as a gang member scamming westerners. If you see the movie the basic moral of the film is crystal clear: scamming is immoral, and ultimately does not pay. The lad in the film finds out the hard way.

This is good to know, thanks!

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I second that "Maga No Need Pay" is actually a pretty good song. Not only is the message good, the song is good. It also drives home the point that not all Nigerians are into scamming and dirty money. Without giving myself away, I always make it a point in my baits to try and send a message to the scammers to make them rethink what they are doing. This has not worked as of yet but, I still do it. Razz

Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The side effect of the reputation of the country is nobody will ship stuff overseas to Africa from small business on up. Many companies simply blacklist the country due to the reputation and the high probability that the payment will be bogus. A company I worked for had this as company policy. No payments from Africa and no shipments to Africa.

Having a reputation of
Lying
Con Artists
Corrupt government and police
Fraud (419)

This can not be helpful to their economy.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope... does not represent the rest of the population as others said.

We have rap music that encourages guns, drugs, sex, hate, etc... that does not mean that everyone in the country is in on it too.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would say overall no, it does not, at least more than we in the “west” like gang shootings, drunken driving, and etc. In fact, of the Nigerians I have met in real life it’s (419) an EXTREMELY sore point with them.

The “west” also has big time supporters of the scam (419 and others). I have mentioned this before, but supporters (419) include web site hosters. Some don’t kill the blatantly fake sites. Some kill them and make no effort to keep them from returning, others kill only domain but keep accounts open.

The Nigerians who do 419, defile their motherland, their God, and anyone who is from African descent, all in the name of greed. The biggest improvement to Nigeria that could happen would be for all the scammers to be driven into the ocean.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Entomologist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
Just considering Olly3008's, Sagat's and Anti-419's points. Its true that not the whole country is scamming but a large enough proportion are. This minority has and is causing a great deal of damage to the reputation of the country.
I have in the past mentioned that I suspected what Agent 1002 posted.
That it must be bad for the national economy.

I kind of get a mind picture of scammers. The successful ones, in particular, appear to flaunt their wealth. They wear gold chains and loud clothes. Making their image unmistakable. They want to be thought of as better than everyone else.

Interesting viewing Eljeffe. Obviously you're doing some homework on the subject.

Google up internet cafes in Nigeria. That leads to some eye-openers.

Cheers

Sir, I do not send any money to me because i need it.
Let GOD judge me if this is a trick Sir, this is a trick
So if you are buying the Hubble Space telescope that cost 1,000usd.
bluebaiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As somebody else said, how many of our songs glorify drug or alcohol abuse, violence or just crime in General. My teenage son is in the other room playing Grand Theft Auto FFS!!

Doesnt mean we are all criminals though!

Dan Nkwerre "the group is doing pretty well and we needed to give them the hot beef injection to see how it will look like"

Badago Kabore "I am very busy here in finland the capital city of Paraguay"

Closed lad accounts x 2 Germany
Safari (Group Safari) Dan Port Harcourt - Abeche
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grand theft auto?? I love that game!

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nigerian culture certainly values wealth, and in the current state of the country, scamming is the quickest way to wealth.

People generally don't care how the money is made, and oppose efforts by the authorities to clamp down on scamming (anyone got a link to the video of that police raid on scammers in Festac, where the local people basically started attacking the police?).

There are several neighbouring countries which are equally poor, but which don't get involved in scamming to anything like the same extent.

So, yes, there is something unique about Nigerian (or more specifically, Igbo) culture, which condones and perpetuates scamming.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Companies can refuse to deal with West Africa because they know the origins of the 'customer'

When location is hidden, or concealed innocent people get hooked.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic