SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Firefox passwords warning

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is for non-techies like myself using Firefox's Remember Password feature.

I have an Amazon account on which Amazon retains my credit card details -- I don't like it but that's the way it's done. So visit Amazon, choose your goods, go to checkout and Firefox applies password, and Amazon the credit card details.

When I went into Firefox to check a password the other day (OPTIONS - click Saved Passwords button) I was appalled to find all my passwords visible to anyone who switched on my computer, including Amazon, so it's an open door to Amazon's warehouse ...

I deleted this password from Firefox, and suggest that this otherwise handy feature may be suitable for forums such as this Very Happy but not for anything secure.

Send the money and stop this dragging thing you engaging yourself with the bank - Mrs Rose after 80+ emails

I WAS LIKE A LAUGHING STOCK IN MONEY GRAM OFFICE TODAY..I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN - Barrister Bediako after four trips

The UN diplomat feel so embaranced going to Money Gram twice without receiving any money from Money Gram - Prince Zulusofola

You could have made the payment but you go turning a rev. Sister like me ups and downs forgetting that God is watching you - Sister Mary, charity scammer

He called himself Satan Gomer, is that name not evil? May God protect me and my work from him - Scammer Patrick meets Gomer, the Demon Dollar-chopper
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tools ---- > Options ----> Security ----> Use Master Password Wink

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

does this happen with google chrome too? That's the one I use

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Konqueror keeps asking if I want it to remember passwords. I keep telling it not to remember any passwords. This is an old version, though.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jim Morrison wrote:
does this happen with google chrome too?

Yes.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I mostly use a netbook and like to have my pantaloons pulled up tight and have a pathological hatred of browsers remembering stuff and disable everything possible. If I lost it I'd be stuffed. Clears cookies, history, the lot when I close FF down. Cache set to zero as well. I use different passwords for everything and manage to keep them all in my head.

Before I joined Eater I wasn't bothered by any of that stuff. Now I do my banking online I've become a lot more cautious.

Do you remember the days when people used to go on about how their lives would fall apart if they lost their Filofax?

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I use different passwords for everything and manage to keep them all in my head.

OK smarty, you wait till you get to my age. Sometimes I have to remind myself how to turn the bloody thing on never mind passwords. Embarassed

On the brighter side, the biggest chaos I ever created in Ladland was when I got three baits mixed up by accident ...

Send the money and stop this dragging thing you engaging yourself with the bank - Mrs Rose after 80+ emails

I WAS LIKE A LAUGHING STOCK IN MONEY GRAM OFFICE TODAY..I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN - Barrister Bediako after four trips

The UN diplomat feel so embaranced going to Money Gram twice without receiving any money from Money Gram - Prince Zulusofola

You could have made the payment but you go turning a rev. Sister like me ups and downs forgetting that God is watching you - Sister Mary, charity scammer

He called himself Satan Gomer, is that name not evil? May God protect me and my work from him - Scammer Patrick meets Gomer, the Demon Dollar-chopper
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Yabadabadoo"]
Quote:
On the brighter side, the biggest chaos I ever created in Ladland was when I got three baits mixed up by accident ...

sometimes that can add a lot of fun to the bait

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

https://lastpass.com/

Check it out, it works like a charm.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox ate my passwords, and gave me no way of retrieving them, which is why I use Opera now.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ PastorFrank: defo the way to go, replicated onto more than machine as well in my case

FYI
for belt & braces I store passwords in a highly encrypted database (commercial software) - I have a script that copies this file over Dropbox every time I log in
but you could use a truecrypt container placed in Dropbox to achieve the same effect at nil cost

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic