SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

CAR SCAMS USING AUTOTRADER UK, YAHOO....SCAMMER IN SPAIN

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrswesty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all.

Would like to alert you to a very well put together scam! The scammer is a seller of a vehicle which is advertised in Autotrader, and there are lots of great photos of the vehicle in question. When contacted about the vehicle, the scammer then lets you know that he/she is in Spain - where he is from, and that the car is in Spain too. The only reason he is selling it cheaply is because it's right hand drive and no-one in Spain wants a right hand drive car. When checked out on the DVLA website, the car does exist, the registration and chassis numbers match the vehicle description, and it is also marked up as being in Spain.

The scammer then advises you that a Yahoo Representative will be in touch and will act on both parties behalf (please note that there is NO exclamation mark after Yahoo, whereas if it was genuinely Yahoo, it would look like this Yahoo!). The scammer goes on to say that he will make shipping arrangements and the vehicle will be with you in 10 days. He also goes in to how using Yahoo Finance will protect both parties...and that they will hold the monies paid until such time as you are happy with vehicle and advise Yahoo Finance to release the funds (you will have 15 days to make up your mind whilst test driving the vehicle, which has been shipped at the seller's expense).

A congratulations email from Yahoo Finance Inc arrives a matter of an hour or less later. It then congratulates on on your ability to purchase/trade through Autotrader and Yahoo, and it is colourful and very detailed abut the terms and conditions of the transaction. Then the invoice from Yahoo Finance Inc turns up in your mail box. This is just a normal email in black and white, which advises you that you should make the payment by a Bank Transfer and also make it a priority payment. Several of these arrive along with emails from the scammer (oh, sorry, I meant 'seller'), asking how the transfer is coming along.

You then get an email from the 'seller' advising you that the shipping arrangements have been made, and miraculously the time has gone from being 10 days to approximately 2 weeks or just under. The vehicle has been shipped from Cadiz, Spain. At this time no tracking number is given, but the 'seller' says that he will contact you in a few days to advise you of the shipping and tracking details.

When the email from the 'seller' arrives a few days later, it gives you the tracking number for the vehicle that has been shipped...He also gives you a link which includes the tracking number...Check out the link! It's very very good, but there are 2 obvious problems with it...Firstly, there is no telephone number. Yes, I did say NO TELEPHONE NUMBER...For a Shipping Company??? Also the date, which is in dd.mm.yy format reads '02.21.11'...That would mean that there are 21 months in this year...Wow!

http://atlantictransportship.com/gettra ... 9&mail=yes

Now here are the related email addresses etc to watch out for;_

His email is: [email protected]

The so-called Yahoo Representatives emails are:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

also:[email protected]

there were other odd ones which came up too:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I can assure you that this has all been reported to the fraud team at Autotrader, and everything new I am getting is sent directly to them. I have been trying to keep this scammer dangling, but it is getting harder to keep up the farce! He/they nearly defrauded me of £4000GBP, but fortunately small details weren't their strong point! The total lack of exclamation marks after all things 'Yahoo', the lack of communication from the so-called 'Yahoo Representative' - which was meant to happen and didn't...only invoices sent. The Shipping Companies web site, so many little things just didn't add up. This criminal network are netting themselves £100million per year, and that's not an accurate figure as for every one person that comes forward admitting they have been scammed, there are probably another 5 or 6 that are too embarrassed to come forward. Therefore the whole scam is worth more like £500 - £600 million per year!!!

Thankfully, for the sake of one tiny error on the scammers part (a digit was wrong in their account details), my money never made it into their grubby thieving hands. Yes, I was stupid to think that such a lovely car would be so cheap, and also to not actually/physically view the car. Also thankfully, I am managing to get so many emails and tons of information about them and forward it all on...Today I will be contacting the Police.

PLEASE DON'T BE EMBARRASSED...COME FORWARD AND HELP TO CATCH THESE AWFUL PEOPLE...IF YOU REMAIN SILENT, THEY HAVE WON!

Thanks for reading this, and I hope no-one comes as close as I did...

Best wishes to you all

mrswesty
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome MrsWesty,

I have answered your post a bit more thoroughly over at scamwarners (I am dotti over there). You can also see over there that I asked for some of the emails so our site killers can get to work on the fake sites/domains.

I just want to make one additional point, though. The scammer is most likely not in Spain--he just uses Spain in his background story.

Fake escrow scams typically originate in the former Soviet Union, but we have seen an increase in African scammers copying this modality too--we would need to see the actual emails to tell you which area is more likely. In the end, though, the scammers are typically international, making it impossible for local law enforcement to intervene.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lad is still in action, reply received this morning.

Quote:
Hello there,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2007 Nissan Navara 2.5 DCI AVENTURA AUTO. Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Cadiz, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised. The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in you name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days. Final price is GBP 4,000 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in the Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.

I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the deal will be manage by a very well company,in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.

Thank you!

James Burt

Goat Closed lad accounts x59 Malaysia x2

Safari Chelad, Prague - London (643 miles)

Safari Eunice Sukri, Senegal - Gambia (456 km)

YOU ARE A FORKING IDIOT, Jacob Jacob

If I knew you were such an irresponsible man I would not have anything to do with you, Mrs Benson

Thank you for your disappointing attitude, you have succeeded in ruining this transaction, Barr Paul
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you could post the full headers to that email it might be possible to tell you where he actually is.
mrswesty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dotti,

Just to let you know, I spoke with the Fraud Team at Action Fraud about the whole thing this morning and a full report has been filed, for which I have a Crime Number.

The person I spoke with confirmed that unbelievably some of this scam team are in Spain! Every bit of information I gave him proved that they are too...certainly some of the scammers are, and the rest are probably Nigeria or wherever else they operate from. The Bank was certainly in Spain!

I just hope that somehow these people are caught and jailed for a very very long time!

Kind regards

mrswesty

P.s..still keeping him dangling (or them), and had another email this morning asking if I had made the transfer to Yahoo yet...pondering on what to put! The Action Fraud Team advised severing all communications, yet the Autotrader Team think it's a good idea to get as much information from these people as possible! What to do, or put now I wonder!
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Mrs Westy

Standard advice is if these scammers have any personal details on you (address, phone number, real name!) then you should cease all communication with them for your own safety. Messing them about is only fun when it's safe to do so.
mrswesty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uh oh! Of course they have my address, and phone number...worst of all, my hubby is away and they know this too! I live in an isolated farmhouse, and for the next three weeks it will be only myself and my daughter here! Should I speak with the Police again?

Slightlyworriednow.com

mrswesty
g121ffs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Headers are pointing to London, Sky Broadband.

This is the same lads who were selling the Land Rover a couple of weeks ago, thread in Scambaiting Help, Hints & Tips - Autotrader scam if anyone wants to join in.

Quote:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.142.134.13 with SMTP id h13cs112320wfd;
Thu, 3 Nov 2011 04:49:26 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.236.195.36 with SMTP id o24mr12374733yhn.57.1320320964730;
Thu, 03 Nov 2011 04:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from col0-omc1-s2.col0.hotmail.com (col0-omc1-s2.col0.hotmail.com. [65.55.34.12])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d30si6448787yhl.34.2011.11.03.04.49.24;
Thu, 03 Nov 2011 04:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.34.12 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.34.12;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.34.12 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from COL120-W36 ([65.55.34.7]) by col0-omc1-s2.col0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Thu, 3 Nov 2011 04:48:59 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_ee454ef1-71e4-4c54-837f-889655fc8b8e_"
X-Originating-IP: [90.203.1.216]
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: vehicle for sale
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:48:58 +0000
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To:
<CANPCcdBZObnDK6Dtif_FudhVsmEEbJ2tzkyAgepEauUGXTJHiA@mail.gmail.com>
References:
<CANPCcdBZObnDK6Dtif_FudhVsmEEbJ2tzkyAgepEauUGXTJHiA@mail.gmail.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 03 Nov 2011 11:48:59.0700 (UTC) FILETIME=[933F5740:01CC9A1E]

--_ee454ef1-71e4-4c54-837f-889655fc8b8e_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If I knew you were such an irresponsible man I would not have anything to do with you, Mrs Benson

Thank you for your disappointing attitude, you have succeeded in ruining this transaction, Barr Paul
mrswesty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi 419,

Is this what you mean?

Sent: 23 October 2011 11:57

Subject: RE: Nissan

Hello again,

Due to the fact that i am located outside UK and we can not deal in person,i`ve contacted Yahoo Finance regarding this issue and they told me that they could offer to me a program that is created especially for international transactions that protects both of us. They agreed to supervise this deal.
You will send the funds to Yahoo Finance and they will keep the money until you receive the vehicle and test it.In this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition. That is how their service is working. As far as the seller concerns, i will be glad to know that Yahoo Finance is in possession of the funds during the delivery period.
You will be given a 15 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home( i will ship it to your address insured for full value to you ).
If you decide to keep the car, then you will have to authorize Yahoo Finance to release the funds to me, and the transaction is complete.If the vehicle is not as described ( perfect interior,exterior,mechanical condition ), you will be able to send the vehicle back through the same shipping company ( return postage at my expense ), and ask Yahoo Finance to return the money to you.

If you want to check the car here are the reg details #:

Registration YB07JTX
The chassis number is VSKCVND40U0192418
MOT-02-2012
Road Tax till 02 2012

If you want to read more about Yahoo Finance service please visit :
http://yahoo-finance.com-incuk-ftse.uk.com/Finance.Ftse.Stock-Exchange.Mortgages.Loans&More.index.html

If you want to get more info about their terms and condition please contact Yahoo Finance at: [email protected]

If you wish to purchase it and agree to these terms i will need you to provide your full name and address. I will then notify Yahoo Finance and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

I will be waiting for your reply as soon as possible

Thank You!!

Last edited by mrswesty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrswesty wrote:
Uh oh! Of course they have my address, and phone number...worst of all, my hubby is away and they know this too! I live in an isolated farmhouse, and for the next three weeks it will be only myself and my daughter here! Should I speak with the Police again?

Slightlyworriednow.com

mrswesty
Then do NOT communicate with them again and yes tell the police they have this information. Your Cadiz based scammer is most likely nowhere near Spain.
g121ffs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MrsWesty, Header was in my last post.

I would suggest that you edit your last post and remove your email address.

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see you have edited your post. As others have said, drop all contact with the scammer now.

If you have made the proper reports, don't stress too much about him having your information so far. Many potential victims get as far as you did, and then realize the scam and back out. It's very common, and to the scammer, it's a part of business. Sometimes they will send threatening emails, in hopes of scaring you into sending money anyway, but most of the time, they will continue the lie until they are sure you can't be convinced, and then will simply move on to the next victim. If the scammer discovers you have deliberately been playing with him, he is more likely to want to retaliate--that's why it's not a good idea. Simply ignore any further attempts at contact and walk away.

The baiters who have picked him up can safely get information on him, and since they are using all false information about themselves, they don't have to worry about him retaliating if they push him far.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dorothy wrote:
and then will simply move on to the next victim.
You rang! Messages are headed out shortly to all.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
g121ffs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Header from [email protected] is pointing to Austria, I will post this in Fake Scammer Banks & Sites for the guys there to kill.

Quote:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.142.134.13 with SMTP id h13cs117415wfd;
Thu, 3 Nov 2011 07:16:07 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.14.15.30 with SMTP id e30mr932147eee.12.1320329764859;
Thu, 03 Nov 2011 07:16:04 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from nschwmtas06p.mx.bigpond.com (nschwmtas06p.mx.bigpond.com. [61.9.189.152])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id e3si1755557eea.2.2011.11.03.07.16.02;
Thu, 03 Nov 2011 07:16:04 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 61.9.189.152 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=61.9.189.152;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 61.9.189.152 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Received: from nschwotgx02p.mx.bigpond.com ([90.146.37.164])
by nschwmtas06p.mx.bigpond.com with ESMTP
id <20111103141601.QVYX18547.nschwmtas06p.mx.bigpond.com@nschwotgx02p.mx.bigpond.com>
for <[email protected]>; Thu, 3 Nov 2011 14:16:01 +0000
Received: from User ([90.146.37.164]) by nschwotgx02p.mx.bigpond.com
with ESMTP
id <20111103141559.IZNZ26052.nschwotgx02p.mx.bigpond.com@User>
for <[email protected]>; Thu, 3 Nov 2011 14:15:59 +0000
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Yahoo Finance Invoice # 53580985
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 16:16:06 +0200
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="Windows-1251"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
X-Authentication-Info: Submitted using SMTP AUTH LOGIN at nschwotgx02p.mx.bigpond.com from [90.146.37.164] using ID [email protected] at Thu, 3 Nov 2011 14:15:57 +0000
Message-Id: <20111103141559.IZNZ26052.nschwotgx02p.mx.bigpond.com@User>

Nice easy piggy Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Representative Account Name : CSABA BUDY
Representative Address : Calle Rosario Pino 18
Representative City : Malaga
Representative Zip Code : 29001
Representative Country : Spain
Beneficiary Bank Name : CAJA MADRID
Beneficiary Bank IBAN : ES90 20389832303000583419
Beneficiary Bank Account Number : 20389832303000583419
Beneficiary Bank Swift Code : CAHMESMM
Beneficiary Bank Address : Alameda De Colon, 11
Beneficiary Bank City : Malaga
Beneficiary Bank Zip Code : 29001
Beneficiary Bank Country : Spain

next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

James is in contact with the typical first message. I've asked for better pictures of the vehicle.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic