SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Avoid Western Union!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wrote this to a lad yesterday after he pressed me for payment information.

Quote:
I did stop by the Western Union office before departing on my aforementioned travels. Unfortunately the agent who assisted me refused to allow me to do the transfer, and claimed you are some kind of scammer. When I tried to convince them that you were someone I trusted, they told me that they would not help me. I finally decided to leave when they took a very stern tone with me. Let me tell you, never before have I felt so belittled in a public place. Needless to say, I said some things to them that I should have kept to myself, but at least they know that they were being unprofessional. I even spoke to the office manager and believe I convinced him to have that immature agent fired. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Here's the lad's response. I got a kick out of how quickly he started bashing WU.

Quote:
Well I will advice that you try other Western Union agent in a fuel station or in a super market I am sure you will go through or better still you can go to the nearest Money Gram Transfer. I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress and can do any thing to stop you from getting this compensation fund and so you have to be very careful when dealing with them. Do not disclose to them why you are sending the money .you just tell them that it is for an old friend.

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2012

Last edited by Benjamin_Franklin on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well played, Benjamin Franklin.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice Thumbs up Now he will have to think of something else. piggy time Wink

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always know that WU are totally unreliable. That's why 9 out of 10 baiters use.... GP5 3-Track! The choice of a connoisseur!

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Using westy is a constant worry. See if you can find a westy run by someone from the same country as your lad. I'm sure once you explain the situation to them everything should run smoothly.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately it is not only WU that is unreliable, Moneygram have just allowed $1000 of mine to be chopped. Laughing Laughing Bad Moneygram Laughing

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm glad to hear Money Gram is just as bad. Looks like I'll have to inform the lad that my MG transfer attempt was turned away as well.

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow I went into Western Union tried to get money under a false name
and the guy beat me with a coat hanger.

Sadly dollar chopping elsewhere. i need to find an honest way to send my funds.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Capt. Tripps
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On a serious note: Do you think the staff in Western Union would be likely to warn you if you were asking to send money to Nigeria? Or at least ask you some questions? It would seem the ethical thing to do, but maybe I'm wrong.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Not sure if there is any rule on that. It's probably left to the discretion of the agent.

I went into a newsagent a few years ago just to pick up a westy form so I could scan it for use on lads and was given the third degree. It must have been my honest face because I don't think he did that for everyone somehow. Wink

I just nodded back at his warning as I didn't have the heart to tell him how much I knew about lad MO that he didn't. Razz

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Cpt. Tripps: That's something I've wondered as well. About a month ago my friend was robbed on vacation and needed some money to be sent ASAP so she could get a cab to the airport and eat. When I went into WU, I casually mentioned to the clerk that I was sending the money to a friend who had been robbed. Since this is a fairly standard scam type, I had hoped that the clerk would at least inquire as to whether or not I had actually confirmed the robbery (which I had, obviously), but she didn't. Perhaps she felt it wasn't her place. Not only that, but I went into two different WU locations (the lineup in the first one was very long) and neither had any sort of signage warning people about not sending money to people they don't know. I realize that they don't want to scare people away from using their service, but it would be nice to see them take a bit of effort towards awareness.

Safari Bibian: Lagos-Accra "Don't make me suffer for being good to help you."

Mortar Golden Pig x30 Closed lad accounts x2,196

"stupid old useless woman." - Esther
"I said don't ever ask my office to draw any bused-shit for you" - Ban Ki-Moon
"you are quite elderly fraud star" - Ali

Support 419Eater! Visit ScamWarners!
Canadon Alfa
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tripps: many agents do try to warn people.

A good friend of mine worked a retail job that included a WU outlet. One day an elderly lady came in wanting to send money to someone in Nigeria. My friend is well acquainted with 419 scams and he told her it was definiately a scam. She insisted and said "I know the guy, I met him" (doubt that's true). He couldn't convince her to not send the transfer, so she got taken for $3000 despite my friend's warnings.

Moral of the story: if the victim is really hooked, the guy at the WU counter is the last person they're going to let stand between them and their millions.

"I pray that the gorillas will not destroy the slip i.e. the customers copy." -- Div1ne Ok0ye

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
Man of many names
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In addition to what Canadon Alfa said,

Years ago a fellow IRCer fell for a vlad's date scam. The smart vlad had already warned him against "people who are standing between him and happiness". I think he eventually understood what several people tried to tell him. Probably thousands of euros later...
Man of many names
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I checked out WU's site just out of curiosity.

Atleast in our localized version there's a "be aware of fraud"-link, under which you'll find the usual "don't send money to unknown parties", "opporturnities that seem too good are just that" and other generally accepted wisdoms Smile
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The best use of mailed WU is the charity or banker who use a real entity and address. I've even faxed the reciepts when a fax number is online for the real deal. Very Happy The lads claim the fax is broken, then I ask about the faxed reply I got. Major frustration. Best dolla chop is Red Cross thanking me for my donation.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Best dolla chop is Red Cross thanking me for my donation.

Thumbs up

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Doctor Seviche
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't like all these lies. The vice president of Western Union has personally sent me an email assuring me that WU is a safe way to send money to the United Nations International Inheritance Bank in West Africa.
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem is that by the time the vic gets to the 'send-££/$$/€€-by-WU-stage', the lad is not necessarily regarded by them to be a stranger.
One of the reasons why lads want to talk on the phone (apart from it being more flexible for them) is to establish 'best-friend' status with the vic.

WU can put up scam warnings in 140size block text on the subject of scams - if the vic doesn't think it applies to them, they won't read it.

Quote:
I did stop by the Western Union office before departing on my aforementioned travels.
//snip//
I even spoke to the office manager and believe I convinced him to have that immature agent fired. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Very inventive Benjamin F Smile

With your permission, I'd like to use that myself.. Wink

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely feel free to use that approach to discourage lads from insisting on using WU. Smile I'm actually kind of curious to see how well it works with other lads.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic