SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First bait. After some tips and pointers.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
timsmart
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK so I have concluded my first bait. My downfall was giving him the LAPD address as my company address - my bad.

You can read the full conversation here: http://pastehtml.com/view/bc1w0e1ge.html

Apart from giving bad addresses, was there anything obvious I could have done to keep the lad occupied?
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Norton Internet Security BLOCKED my access to that site, which has 6 Phishing problems. Just copy and paste your text into a post here.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You also gave the lad what looks like (I haven't checked the SWIFT code) a real bank to send the money to. When giving lads your character's bank account, make it up. The lad won't actually send anything to it.

As to the marital status and nationality, simply omit them and don't bother quoting the line. He may not notice.

When making up a character's address, a good thing to do is to use an existing street and find a house number that doesn't exist. This takes some time searching in the county GIS database (Google Street gives you an oblique view of a real house), unless you use a city you've lived in and remember a nonexistent address (I did this for one of the characters in the chemical massbait) but you do this only once per character. Another thing is to make up a nonexistent, but plausible, street name.

Apart from that and the police address, I don't see anything wrong. Pick up another script from surplus and keep baiting!

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@The Monsignor - Is it possible that your security program may be picking up the fact that the text is a scam script. There's nothing sinister on the site... I'm looking at the source code of the page on a safe machine right now. It seems to be nothing but formatted HTML of a bait... Question Question

Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi timsmart,

Nice start, unfortunately you ran into a lad who will google your address - unlucky there. However you might consider whether you could try continuing the bait - admit that you work in the police but you are so underpaid that you (a) have another company, and (b) are interested in big deals so you can quit the police job. you simply made a mistake and gave your other work address...... the worst that could happen is the lad insults you or simply does not reply. Lad might be very amused to try and take money off a police officer - after all they find victims from all walks of life.

Otherwise, I think you did a nice job of asking him questions but then accepting his answers to them, sometimes new baiters go too far in questioning things they would accept as facts (or nearly facts) if they were a real victim - but you did a nice job with this. You'll find that the lads tend to be willing to answer a whole lot of your questions if you seem to be accepting their explanations for each individual one.

Also if you plan to continue using the same baiting name, you might consider replacing the character's full name on your site with an abbreviation (same way you obscured your baiting address) - it's an unusual name and you may lose a future bait if lads go looking for it. same deal with the name of your corporation - if you want to reuse it with other lads, best to obscure the exact name you're using.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

timsmart wrote:
. . . My downfall was giving him the LAPD address as my company address - my bad.

I guess you have now learned that giving out ITP's addresses is not a good thing and verboten for Eater members. (Innocent Third Party)

Quoting from my former mentor:

Quote:
We should remember that these people are dangerous criminals and we should not expose innocent members of the public to the dangers we are so careful to avoid.

(Thanks ParaNoid)

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
timsmart
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Monsignor wrote:
^^^ Norton Internet Security BLOCKED my access to that site, which has 6 Phishing problems. Just copy and paste your text into a post here.

Oh sorry. I'm a linux guy so I didn't get heads up whether the pastehtml site was reliable or not.

Regarding the bank account - I did make that up. It just looks convincing.
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Monsignor wrote:
Just copy and paste your text into a post here.

Still looking forward to it....
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No you didn't. The routing number differs by one from the actual routing number of a Bank of America in California. That may be enough to mess it up if he actually tries to pull money from the account, but don't count on it. Use totally made up bank name, SWIFT code, and routing numbers so that nothing matches a real bank. The actual owner of the account number you used, if there is such an account, is an ITP.

The first bank I made up I started with the SWIFT code, not knowing how they work yet. I had to figure out what the bank is called in Montenegrin.

I'm using Linux too (and DragonFly).

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make a new addy and try him again, Google first so you have that covered, this is a "smart" one. Make your baiting name something like Michael Jackson and he can Google all he wants, wasting his time trying to find info on you. Pick with Google-map a huge apartment complex and he can search that too, if the postal code fits there's not much he can find out there.
The phone could be tricky, so you're on probation after a charge of phone sex so all you can use are public phones. Best warn him in the first letter about that as you have to report that fact to everyone you meet/talk to. Could even have your probation officer join the bait Wink

Don't give up on him, he'll teach you straight baiting Evil or Very Mad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic