SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mr. and Mrs. BearSeason and The Pyramid Scheme

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a day. Mr. BearSeason came home late last night from the grocery store. He told Mrs. BearSeason that he had been speaking with a nice young gentleman at the store. This gentleman had invited the two of them to a luncheon the next day. Mrs. BearSeason was intrigued. Surely, there's no such thing as a free lunch. What's the catch? Turns out that the gentleman mentioned something about needing new hires for his business. Hmmmm... curiouser and curiouser. On one hand, Mrs. BearSeason has been out of work for some time and would never pass on an opportunity for employment; on the other hand, who looks for new hires in a grocery store? Well, at the very least, the BearSeasons never turn down free food. So, off they went.

The... ahem... "luncheon"... was at a local seakhouse. Mr. and Mrs. BearSeason aren't big on red meat so they each had chicken. It was quite good. The man who had invited them, Jeff, sat quietly across from them in the booth while a slick older gentleman in a snazzy suit gave a very high pressure sales pitch on a program called Legal Shield (Google it). And when I say high pressure, I do not exaggerate. At one point, he had the gall to use the old, "Purchase our service or you might die" tactic. I'm not making that part up. He claimed that if you're identity is stolen, the person who steals your identity might go to the hospital using your details. All of that person's medical records would then be listed under your name. Then, if you go to the hospital, the staff would look up your medical history and find *gasp* this imposter's records. If that person's blood is Type A and your blood is Type O, they could give you the wrong blood type and you'd be dead! Now, is this scenario plausible? I honestly don't know. Someone else might be more qualified to answer that. But is it an uscrupulous scare tactic designed to pressure people into purchasing their service right then and there without doing any research? You betcha!

So, at this point I'm pretty much just tuning the whole thing out and wondering what the hell I'm even doing there. And then it dawns on me. I'm no stranger to this scenario. No, this scene seems awfully familiar. I've been here before. In fact it's all starting to resemble a...

"And for $149, you can too become a sales associate..."

...PYRAMID SCHEME!

Two hours of my life spent telling a well-meaning but delusional person that I appreciate the offer but it simply isn't for me. I'm just glad Mr. BearSeason had the foresight to bring me with him. He admitted to me that he was blinded by Jeff's good nature and didn't realize it was a scam until we got into the car and I said to him, "It's a pyramid scheme, you know?"

Rolling Eyes Well, at least the chicken was good. Tender and juicy.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic