SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ever encounter this attitude from lads?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Canadon Alfa
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He accuses you of not being "serious," accusing you of dishonesty, or otherwise suspecting you of being a baiter. Then you get a bunch of emails saying stuff like, "come on, let's get this done, send the money today" as if you were funning with them before and now suddenly you want to do the transaction for real.

I never admit to any dishonesty and usually slap the lad for suggesting it, and of course I've never admitted I'm a baiter. But I usually don't try to play too hard with those who continue to doubt me--it's pointless to go on if you've lost trust.

What amazes me though is the attitude of lads. I mean, if they suspect someone is a "joker," why would they expect you to change gears and suddenly become a legit victim?

I think it's more than just desperation, probing for money on the off chance they can get it (as lads tend to do). The lads who have done this to me seriously seem to believe that they can eventually convince me to go along with them.

"I pray that the gorillas will not destroy the slip i.e. the customers copy." -- Div1ne Ok0ye

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

why would they expect you to change gears and suddenly become a legit victim?

Money, money as you already said, they can never be sure if....... so I walk the line and as long as I answer his emails he keeps thinking that I might be legit and will pay (in spite of all the problems I create Laughing )

Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've wondered if Lads who do that aren't trying to scare or browbeat you into falling into line. It's like the "if you are not serious, please send a power of attorney* saying that you sometimes encounter if the Lad doesn't get his way.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
pete515
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the previous correspondents have summed it up. They can't be 100% sure, especially if its a straight bait and they think a bit of probing may pay dividends. As you wrote, admit nothing and act like the injured party. Even if they still don't believe you I have found that some kind of recovery script often follows referring to the failure of the previous transaction.

Sand Timer Simon Dormoo - 1 year+, a standard 419er who became my love lad
United States x2 ME Foundation Home, Bank of Afrique
United Kingdom

"..a strange voice like a wild pussy cat yelled at me and then paused......It was terrible, I nearly threw my phone away, and it scared me." Lad talks to a fax machine.

"mother remember I trusted you with all my hearth, remember I fouled with my blood that I am ready to take you as my biological mother remember I gave you my hope, my spirit and soul that you will lie to me or cheat me" Elinah Kipkalya
"you sun of a beach ".."you foolish and bustard stinking dead dog". More from the fragrant Elinah 4 weeks later.
metallic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many times I've pissed off a lad and thought for sure it was over. Then I poke them a day or 2 later and they say "well if you are really serious" go send the funds.

I think they do it out of desperation.
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I’ve gotten a few, I would agree that the greed keeps them going.

I am guessing he cast his line out and you are one of the few or the only person who responded.

They can send out thousand a day, and maybe he thought he could be more picky, but he can’t.

Still with this said remember a mugu can never be too hooked

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My most recent completed bait shows this behavior is very common. If you don't follow their script exactly, they accuse you of being a joker. I straight bait and turn the tables on them for not following a safe way to send the money. My latest is a banker. I sent the money by WU. I sent the test question and answer by email. I sent the MCTN and sender name by FAX to the real bank he mentioned. He accused me of being a joker after he told me the fax is not working. I accused him of not working at the bank because the bank faxed me back with the correct form I needed to open an account because I was overseas. I implied the Fax was working fine and the reply proved it. We would not want the money to fall into the wrong hands now would we? Very Happy I took every precaution to ensure the money could not be picked up by someone else at the bank because the fax lacked the test question and answer. A spy on my email could not steal the money because the sender name and MCTN was sent to the bank at the number he gave me (on the letterhead, verified with google).

He can claim joker, but I left him wondering.. Joker or taking proper security because the email is not secure.

Try to anticipate the lad's next few moves. Lay all money transfer failures on him because he is not doing something right. Play straight.

I ended up faxing the bank the rest of the info and using the WU transfer to open my new bank account. The lad is PISSED. He could not get the fax sent to him at the bank.

The lad did not ask for a scanned receipt. If he did, I had one ready with the MCTN and Sender name blacked out. Don't send copies unless absolutely necessary. They re-use good scans for other scams.

Relax, the bank fax is ficticious along with the WU transfer.

#1 rule.. Don't send money.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just tell them "YOU are the joker. Or maybe even a fraudster! Don't mail me back, until you decide to get serious."

After a few weeks, they're back...

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Agent1002

"#1 rule.. Don't send money."

REALLY?!?! When did this start? This place and its rules.

Oh wait, you said money, not monkeys

Never mind.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

there's a subtle but effective means of influencing people that relies on incongruity followed by suggestion - give someone a slight "wtf?" moment then tell them something you want to believe fairly rapidly afterwards, the suggestion is taken up almost without question. I'm not sure how it works, it's as if the mind founders for a second and grabs the nearest thing to it that seems comprehensible (even if it isn't sensible). It's more commonly used that you'd think. Look for it in advertisments. It's there, look, clowns!! trust me.

lads use it too, even if only unconciously, and like most of their tools you can use it on them. Try it.

pete515
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Proof the lad will often return

30 September
Quote:
Hi Sarah,

You were never interested in this transaction , you have been playing games even with the passport thing. If you believe you it guy good, keep your money we don't need it.

Sincerely,
Vinko

My other baiting character with this lad drops out so..

10 October
Quote:
Hi Sarah,

My boss wants a formal note from you stating you back out of this transaction because he says the legal documents are ready and if to be corrected he needs a note from you that you are no longer interested. Please do that and get back to me.

Sincerely,
Vinko

17 October. He even consults Wikipedia to prove he is living in Hong Kong and answers some questins I posed which caused his strop in the first place. (IP = Nigeria).

Quote:
Hi Sarah,

Here are answers to your questions.

1. Mid - Autumn Festival Monday 12 September 2011

2. Nathan Road is the main thoroughfare in Kowloon, Hong Kong that goes in a south-north direction from Tsim Sha Tsui to Mong Kok. It is lined with shops, restaurants and tourists, and was known in the post-World War II years as the Golden Mile, a name that is now rarely used.

3. Mass Transit Railway (MTR)

4. Tian Tan Buddha, which is also known as the Big Buddha, is a large bronze statue of a Buddha, completed in 1993, and located at Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, in Hong Kong. The statue is located near Po Lin Monastery.

Sincerely,
Vinko

Sand Timer Simon Dormoo - 1 year+, a standard 419er who became my love lad
United States x2 ME Foundation Home, Bank of Afrique
United Kingdom

"..a strange voice like a wild pussy cat yelled at me and then paused......It was terrible, I nearly threw my phone away, and it scared me." Lad talks to a fax machine.

"mother remember I trusted you with all my hearth, remember I fouled with my blood that I am ready to take you as my biological mother remember I gave you my hope, my spirit and soul that you will lie to me or cheat me" Elinah Kipkalya
"you sun of a beach ".."you foolish and bustard stinking dead dog". More from the fragrant Elinah 4 weeks later.
Bort
Elite Baiter

Location: The land of crocodiles, drop-bears and corrupt premiers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I get the impression that a lot lads tend to misunderstand the purpose of us "jokers", and seem to think that we're genuine victims who do indeed believe there is a trunkbox/dying widow's inheritence/etc waiting for us, but we're just trying to get out of paying the initial fees they're asking for. And so if they stay persistant and keep on pressing for money, eventually we may just give up on trying to trick them out of their millions of dollars and just pay the fee.

"After the IRS approved our form i became very joyful and much expectant of the money... now i am feeling so bad about the whole thing", "I feel like crying my eyes out of it sockets" - Ozzy Sand Timer Safari Warri-Lome (w/ Big X)
"GOD WILL GORGE YOU, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW A CRIMINAL LIKE YOU", "I BELIEVE YOU ARE A DEVIL INCANATE", "I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE KIND OF HUMAN ARE YOU" - Rev Nachaat Sand Timer
"god will surely judge you for all you have made me gone through", "STOP PLAYING DIRTY GAMES WITH ME", "OGUN WILL KILL ALL YOU ALL" - Scott Larry Tattoo Sand Timer Safari Benin City-Sokoto

Leaked Emma Watson/Emily Kinney sextape
Canadon Alfa
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ @ Bort: yes, this is exactly the impression I get.

I'm none too eager to dispel this impression either. It's clear they don't understand us, which means we have more power over them. Wink

"I pray that the gorillas will not destroy the slip i.e. the customers copy." -- Div1ne Ok0ye

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic