SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hmmm should i buy this

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Should i buy this hard drive? The advert says its amazing !!!!

"GO DRINK POISEN AND SLEEP THEN DIE FUCK WITH YOUR MONEY"

"i should have known that you are full of lies ,at first you told me you have a flying jet but i never knew that you were nothing but building upstairs on the sky"

"I like to sincerely thank you for all your disappointment,stress ,lies and frustrations,now I should have not gotten myself involved in the first place thanks to you all"

Easter 2015Closed lad accounts x13 Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x2 Malaysia United States China Easter Egg 2011 Ivory Coast Burkina Faso

Dead Phish - 350
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Quantity discounts available." Even better! Very Happy

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't bother.
You'll never need that kind of storage space. Cool

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ask him the MTBF rating

after all it's BIG so it might be risky!

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These are the ones with pockets on the base for a forklift, aren't they?

lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i didnt get this from a lad, though if i get another hard drive lad im sending this Laughing

I found it while i was cleaning up my photobucket account and dusted it off.

"i should have known that you are full of lies ,at first you told me you have a flying jet but i never knew that you were nothing but building upstairs on the sky"

"I like to sincerely thank you for all your disappointment,stress ,lies and frustrations,now I should have not gotten myself involved in the first place thanks to you all"

Easter 2015Closed lad accounts x13 Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x2 Malaysia United States China Easter Egg 2011 Ivory Coast Burkina Faso

Dead Phish - 350
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm still torn; I could get the 5MB for only $2898, but for only $500 more I can have twice the storage. However 5 should be enough so why waste the extra money.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

Safari x 16:
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The ad shows it's age by the area for San Diego being 714, changed to 619 back in 1982!!

jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you would have told them back then that there would (30 years later) be a memory stick with 13107x the capacity, at 1/10th of the size and 1/20th of the price, they would have had you 5150'd. Laughing

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember upgrading the 4kb(yes-kb!) memory in my TRS-80 to a whopping 16kb.What would I ever need all that RAM for? Laughing

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bart Fargo wrote:
The ad shows it's age by the area for San Diego being 714

Not to mention, it includes a telex number. How many people here remember telexes? All of the offices I worked in had telex machines, up to about 1984 or 1985 when we got our first fax. They were big, bulky, noisy monsters. Mine looked just like this one:

You typed your message on long, hard-to-press keys, which punched holes in a paper tape. (The clear plastic container on the lower left held the punched-out chads.) When your message was ready you dialed the receiving telex number (on a rotary dial) and ran the paper tape through. It cost by the minute and was expensive, so preparing the text in advance was important. Accurate typing was also important; you could backspace and delete errors by punching them out, then advancing the tape to retype. But when you ran the tape through, it would run through the overpunching in standby, and that took valuable time. It was usually better to simply start over and retype the whole thing without errors.

Ah, the memories.....

A co-worker forgot to shut off the machine after transmitting a telex to the UK late one afternoon. The next phone bill was several thousand dollars because the machine remained connected overnight. Fortunately for him, the accountant was able to persuade the phone company to delete the charge.

Safari x 16:
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ Ever send the phrase; "Your girl likes to hug and kiss, my girl likes to go like this (space)(space)(space)(space)(space)(space)(space)" on the telex? Laughing

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Scentless Apprentice
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh, telex machines, those were the days.
My first job on leaving school in 1975 was as a telex op for a telex
forwarding agency. ours looked like this...

It was guaranteed that if you arrived at work on a rainy day with an
umbrella, someone would fill it with chad so once you walked outside and
put-up your umbrella you had a "snowstorm" of chad.

@Jose - I've never heard that phrase in relation to telex machines, does
it punch-out some sort of pretty pattern on the tape? I used to be able to
read the five-hole punch tape like i was reading a book, but its been a
long time and my memory is not so good.

Winner: Easter Egg 2012 2012
Winner: Easter Egg 2013 2013
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ No, when the machine gets to the space (come to think of it, maybe it was the "return" instead of the space) the entire machine literally jumped up and down. Vigorously. Laughing

At least that's what happened on the antique that I used, at an oilfield company, back in the 80s. It looked just like the one Juan posted and shook like a washing machine filled with bricks.

Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whenever my machine hit a deleted character on the tape it would jump and gyrate like a deranged drunk club dancer. Not spaces, but deletions. It just kept thumping away, stupidly, eating up time, until the new text finally came up. That's why I so very often would start over from scratch rather than to use a corrected tape. Telexing was a HUGE pain. But for the time, it was cutting edge. Instant, personal telegrams. I could send a message in my afternoon knowing that my boss in France would find it in his morning, and send a reply that would be awaiting me when I got to the office in my morning. What an invention!

But my office was a converted apartment, and on nights when I went to big dinners (I was in the wine business then) I often slept in the bedroom of the office rather than go home and risk arrest. I can't tell you how many times that damn telex woke me up -- a sudden KA-CHUNK! as it turned on, then the chatter of a telegraph hammering out a message on the roll of paper at 2AM. Ugh.

Safari x 16:
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
Scentless Apprentice
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As you can see from the pic. i posted above our telex machines were quite solidly built and
therefore were fairly stable on the desks and didn't jump about but when you had a room of
25 machines all going at the same time they made quite a din.
As said, i worked for a telex forwarding agency, we used to take the overflow, mainly from banks, that their
own staff couldn't transmit/connect with during their normal office hours and send them out during the night.

@Juan - You really should have invested in a "tape splicing kit", just tear the tape at the start of an
error and stick it back together where you wanted to continue from, bit like film editing in the olden days.

Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now you tell me! Laughing 30 years too late, but better late than never.

I can't even imagine a room full of telex machines. It must have been unbearable. Did you wear earplugs??

Safari x 16:
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
Scentless Apprentice
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No earplugs, i would think health and safety wouldn't allow it these days.
We did have to have the radio on full blast too be able to hear it above the
noise of the telex machines. Smile

bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
ah, memories

OK, can we start on punched cards now?
I fondly remember holding a large, properly ordered stack (for our massive financial model) out of the window - without any rubber bands round it - was a colleague's life work and he described in great detail (whilst trying not to beg) what he would do to my reproductive equipment if I let go. The world would have 4 less kids by now if I had!

PS love the sig

sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My first job was coding on Burroughs mainframes. There were a couple of dumb terminals (huge brown metal monsters with green screens that gave you static electric shocks) but the preferred way of coding was to fill in a "coding sheet"; basically a grid of squares 80 columns by 40 rows, in which you hand-wrote your code.

You would then take your coding sheets to the ladies (and they all were) in the "Punch Room" and they typed your code into the punching machines and these produced punched cards. So two or three days later you would pick up your cards, take them up to the ninth floor and these would be read into the mainframe and your code compiled.

You got your cards back and a printout of your compiler errors and then you had to type out corrections to your code on a hand punch machine, a smaller, manual version of the one the ladies in the punch room used that worked off an arcane combination of five or six keys.

I moved over to PC's and coding in C after a couple of years of that torture Smile

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sunshine wrote:
You would then take your coding sheets to the ladies (and they all were) in the "Punch Room" and they typed your code into the punching machines
my god I've just gone pale & started shaking
I remember too well those 'ladies' a wild bunch of man eating young (they probably were, didn't seem so to us) "experienced" women. Frightened the life out of us young lads I tell you . . .

Quote:
I moved over to PC's and coding in C after a couple of years of that torture Smile
now we are talking, can we start talking about Xenix now? Laughing

Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you are all very old people, I can hardly remember not having a computer with internet connection Cool

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Strolling down memory lane, does anyone remember the IBM mag card system?

Or the stencil duplicator or mimeograph machine ?

Or the spirit duplicator also referred to as a Ditto machine? We loved the tests the teachers printed those with as we would sit and smell the purple ditto fluid on the freshly printed tests.

Jim The last 2 were way before photocopy machines and the first was way before computers, but they made our office life much easier.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I worked with an IBM mag card system in the late 70s; what a wonder! I could type things and they would be recorded for automatic retyping or even correcting. Wow. But it was way too expensive for me to consider when I set up my own office for a new job. I had to stretch to get a new Selectric.

And the intoxicating smell of a fresh mimeograph.... My first experience with mind-altering drugs. Laughing

Safari x 16:
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lol all this convo from a harddrive image awesome, but i remeber our teachers at school using a ditto machine though in england it was called a banding machine, but the smell of fresh chemicals was very nice as a student Laughing

Dead Phish - 350
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic