SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

OMG Turn this off on your phone right now!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
419hammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry fellow scam baiters I know this is the wrong section, but this needs everyone's attention, your kids may be in danger:

http://www.ip-address-lookup-v4.com/article/smart%20phones%20privacy%20risk.php

this is pretty freakin' crazy! Wonder if we can track down scammers like that too. This they use bbs and iphones there? Smile)
viper492
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I think your right.
lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the reporters seemed almost happy about another story of TERROR AND FEAR, im sure this aint as simple as they make out. NBC/ABC news really annoy me.

"GO DRINK POISEN AND SLEEP THEN DIE FUCK WITH YOUR MONEY"

"i should have known that you are full of lies ,at first you told me you have a flying jet but i never knew that you were nothing but building upstairs on the sky"

"I like to sincerely thank you for all your disappointment,stress ,lies and frustrations,now I should have not gotten myself involved in the first place thanks to you all"

Easter 2015Closed lad accounts x13 Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x2 Malaysia United States China Easter Egg 2011 Ivory Coast Burkina Faso

Dead Phish - 350
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

419hammer wrote:
I know this is the wrong section

I think "general chat" would have been the place Wink

This is a very worrying development that everyone, especially parents of young children should take note of.
Another Orwellian step. I don't see what made the phone manufacturers think that it was a good idea to pre-enable this. Neutral

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved to GC from main.

Quote:
im sure this aint as simple as they make out.

As much as I hate to be the one promoting paranoia, it actually can be that easy. While the location in the EXIF data isn't always exact, it can be. Most of the pictures in my phone are pretty much exact. The one's that aren't are only off by a few blocks. Pictures I took of my son in his school play are extremely accurate.

This is the GPS info in a picture I took a while back (actually the exact date and time down the the second is also in the exif data)

Quote:
GPS-encoded location: 34° 2' 35"N, 118° 15' 59"W

I think I was actually more towards the center of the building but it's still pretty much dead on.

You don't have to turn off your phone Laughing You can simply (no conspiracy theories please) disable the camera from logging the location. Anyway, if you have a smart phone handy go to google maps and have the phone locate you to see how accurate it is. Right now mine is accurate enough that a bird could use it to crap on my head.

On a positive note, I believe a read somewhere disabling location services (for the iPhone) improves battery life.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card

Last edited by Ghost on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
On a positive note, I believe a read somewhere disabling location services (for the iPhone) improves battery life.

Laughing I feel so much better knowing that my battery will have better life as well. What a warm, cozy feeling.

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Andy419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the baiting side of things you also have to be careful with things like word documents, as they contain the real name of the document creator. But yeah, in general it's probably a good idea to strip all meta data from anything you want to send to a lad. Even though it's highly unlikely that they'll check, it could flush a promising bait down the drain! Edit: Oh and compromise your safety and stuff too.
lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My word docs dont Wink , depends on how you register it Wink

for example my pc happens to be a display model so all word docs and infact everything on my pc say acs as the owner. acs can mean anything.

"i should have known that you are full of lies ,at first you told me you have a flying jet but i never knew that you were nothing but building upstairs on the sky"

"I like to sincerely thank you for all your disappointment,stress ,lies and frustrations,now I should have not gotten myself involved in the first place thanks to you all"

Easter 2015Closed lad accounts x13 Nigeria x2 United Kingdom x2 Malaysia United States China Easter Egg 2011 Ivory Coast Burkina Faso

Dead Phish - 350
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember there was an amusing incident on a certain (rather foul) image board where somebody posted pictures of herself and her boyfriend on the job in a crappy attention whore sort of way. Within 5 minutes someone had posted a picture of a house, screencapped off Google Streetview with a note saying "This is your house, isn't it? Problem, OP?" so yes, geolocation can backfire.

My blackberry had it disabled when it arrived, it's staying off unless I need it.

lord goldblade
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my android phone dont have it switched on as standard either, seems to be a apple thing. Any windows phone OS users have this option?

So the ALL smart phones thing the news report was yammering on about was again just a touch sensationlist.

Dead Phish - 350
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just have a super old phone that I doubt can be tracked back to me. And if someone does track me down with the signal, I'll just ask what they want.

Honestly I'm not that important enough that someone would track me down by cell phone GPS or whatever.

Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am burning my phone right now, gathering supplies and ammo, waiting for The Man to kick down my front door, they're not gonna get me alive...

when they kick at your front door, how you gonna come?

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to rely on the fact that I am uninteresting to The Man, if they want to waste their time listening to my phone calls they can knock themselves out.

Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, 419hammer! Very Happy

So I read this alarming information about an hour ago, (thanks for posting!) and mentioned it to a couple of neighbours who then mentioned it to a few others etc. - you know how these things take off sometimes?

Well, I just opened my front door to find this pile of phones. I almost tripped over them. Not the phones themselves, but the group of 10 or eleven folks that were milling about.

The worst part was that someone had already poured a bunch of gas (petrol) on them and was in the process of asking if anybody had a lighter that he could borrow. I persuaded him to not set them alight, instead we did a group stomp and quit only when each phone was in a bazillion little pieces.

Does anyone know if they can still be recycled? I mean a little gas (petrol) probably dissipates fairly quickly right... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The moment anyone says/posts or I get an email that starts with, 'OMG xxxxxxxxxxxxx!', I immediately think, 'Oh another web urban legend.' Rolling Eyes

It's good to know this information about the smartphones, but it isn't really new information, is it? That video is a year old. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY&feature=player_embedded

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So if I have a non-smart phone I am safe? Mine is a dumb phone -- only the basics.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lord goldblade wrote:
My word docs dont Wink , depends on how you register it Wink

I just checked and saw that my register name is one of my baiting character names. Laughing

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't see how this endangers anyone's kids, really. Presumably, people that you send photos of your family to, know who you are & where you live anyway. And if they don't, then why are you sending them pictures?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ If you post snaps of your kids on something like Facebook or Photobucket and have the geolocation showing on the photos, then some random person could go cruising through your account and see.

That's the concern, not about sending the photos to people you know (I hope!).

Though why anyone is posting photos of their kids in any public place online is beyond my imagination.

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe the main concern is predators tracking children. I'm sure everyone knows preteen and teenagers post on social network sites. So for example a 13 year old girl has a my-space page to share with her friends. Some pervert can develop a fixation with her and find out exactly where she lives by checking the EXIF data.

Or another example not involving children is say someone posted a picture here of their cat. Does that sound like something someone here would do? How would you feel about some of the nuts that come and go here knowing your address?

Anyway, I guess the main point of the article is smart phones are still relatively new and the majority of owners don't know the GPS can be embedded into the picture data. Also, smart phone aren't as expensive as they were when they first came out. I'm willing to bet 70% of middle school age children have one. I am also willing to bet they also have internet access. Are you following now?

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
419hammer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat419 wrote:
I don't see how this endangers anyone's kids, really. Presumably, people that you send photos of your family to, know who you are & where you live anyway. And if they don't, then why are you sending them pictures?

but the big problem is that many people share pictures by first uploading them to places like photobucket where privacy settings are a joke (they set everything to "show everyone" by default)..

you're right though, it's the person who shares who should keep privacy in mind. The problem is that not everyone knows that geolocation tracking is ON by default...
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if this related or not, but I read the following comment about the blackberry outage:

Quote:
I'm amazed that people actually complain about losing the service of a device that gives them no peace from 24/7 continuous communication with other people. Relax, enjoy, watch your BP and try to raise your head a little. You'll see the horizon, trees, maybe even birds, perhaps if you as as lucky as me, the sea. And you might even talk face to face with another BB user. You might even smile !

Please move if it's not the right place Laughing

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another reason for disabling this location gizmo: gmail asks me repeatedly for a mobile no. so they can restore my a/c if anything goes wrong. They don't tell you that they then use your location to target ads depending on where you are.

I use gmail for baiting only, but I wouldn't want my Mr Gomer and other characters to be pestered by geo-adverts Rolling Eyes

Send the money and stop this dragging thing you engaging yourself with the bank - Mrs Rose after 80+ emails

I WAS LIKE A LAUGHING STOCK IN MONEY GRAM OFFICE TODAY..I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN - Barrister Bediako after four trips

The UN diplomat feel so embaranced going to Money Gram twice without receiving any money from Money Gram - Prince Zulusofola

You could have made the payment but you go turning a rev. Sister like me ups and downs forgetting that God is watching you - Sister Mary, charity scammer

He called himself Satan Gomer, is that name not evil? May God protect me and my work from him - Scammer Patrick meets Gomer, the Demon Dollar-chopper
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic