SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newbie saying hi!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Aequitas
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

Just signed up today, have read a lot of the stories and looked at the trophy room, and listened to a few audio files, and it's amazing what you guys have been able to do!

My sister got scammed on ebay for her mobile phone a few years back, I couldn't understand why she would send it off without getting the money via Paypal, but she didn't tell me until it was too late, so she lost that. As soon as she told me, I knew it was a scam having sold mobiles on the bay before and had emails from people asking me to send my phone to their nephew who is in the army and based in Nigeria, even after I said in the description that I won't ship it abroad! And they always offer stupid money for it, like £300 more than it's worth. I'm a firm believer that if it's too good to be true then it's a load of BS! and if in doubt, do nowt!

Also told a mate about this who is always up for a laugh, and we both looked at the trophy room whilst on the phone, and found the pics hilarious!

I do also understand that there is a serious undertone to all of this, that real people are actually losing money to these scammers, and that when it comes down to it, that part isn't funny at all.

I have been thinking about baiting, but was ever so slightly scared about some of the stuff that I read after signing up ie: Some of the scammers are dangerous and are murderers, kidnappers etc...... Obviously I knew that, but reading it made it more scary. What are the odds of them being a real danger to me? I am good with computers and know about proxy servers etc... but wouldn't want there to be any real risk to me, if I did start baiting.

Sorry for sounding like a wuss.

Cheers
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello! Welcome!
Yes, there are issues to be addressed, these are all in the stickied threads which you will be told to go and read. Basically leave no evidence that the real you was ever there. IP stripping email is a good start (Gmail, fastmail etc) but most important is the human factor - You. Never bait from a personal account and never send mails between your real life accounts and your bait accounts. Similarly, use seperate photo hosting accounts (uploadeater is good) and never bait using a 'phone registered to you. Assume that one of your bait accounts will be compromised at some point, and be ready to simply bin the lot and walk away with no worries. Lads coming to find you is very, very unlikely, but you will slee a lot better at night knowing that it is impossible for them to find you. it's all there, read them all, they're worth the effort.

Also consider signing up for a mentor, this will give you a rapid start and a lot of useful help over the first few baits.

Bait safe, bait hard!

Andy419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Aequitas,
Welcome to 419 eater Smile

As long as you use an email service which strips out your IP address such as Gmail and never ever give away any information which can be used to identify you you should be fine. I don't think any baiter has ever been harmed by a scammer.

By the way next time you join 419eater for the first time, consider replying to the Welcome New Member. Please Introduce Yourself Here. topic instead of making a whole new one yourself :p

-Andy419
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, that's about how most of us feel when checking in for the first time, but there is really nothing to it. Just start slow, ask help or for a mentor who will guide you along without dangers. If you stick with the rules the chance is very small to null that you'll ever see a real lad in RL (real life).
It will take some time until you have found out what makes you tick, what kind of game is more fun for you or what story you can bring convincing so the lad takes the bait and starts running with it. You'll loose a few or a lot, no worries we always have fresh ones unfortunately. Read, read and read some more and then just try it out on your new "friends".

Have FUN, bait SAFE

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't see the "New Members" section or I would of posted in there.

So gmail automatically strips out your ip then? Should I go through a proxy also or will that not be necessary?

Also, what do you mean by my gmail email being compromised? Scammers putting it on a "don't bother" list or something?

ty
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aequitas wrote:
So gmail automatically strips out your ip then?

No, it doesn't send your IP address, if anyone was to check an email sent by you using Gmail, they would only see the Gmail email server IP address.

Aequitas wrote:
Should I go through a proxy also or will that not be necessary?

It's not necessary to do that, it would be overkill.

Aequitas wrote:
Also, what do you mean by my gmail email being compromised? Scammers putting it on a "don't bother" list or something?

I'm not sure what Nailgunner meant, but some lads are aware that jokers (baiters) use Gmail a lot, personally, I don't like Gmail and never used it for baiting, I use Yahoo email in pretty much all of my baits.

In all the baits I've done, I've never had one lad query my IP address, and I don't worry that they would, you might get the odd tech savvy lad who might check IP's from emails (doubtful), but if they ever brought it up, you just say you're on holiday.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ compromised as in hacked, phished or hijacked. Don't leave any trace in there of your real life existence. Potentially it would be a lot more damaging than having your IP traced (I've traced my own IP address many times and it doesn't reveal anything useful).

No need to use proxies with Gmail, if at all, stick to regular Gmail and concentrate on the mind games.

@ SP - Good to see you again Smile

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Nailgunner, ahoy there matey, just sticking my head round the door Smile

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater!

If you know how to use proxies, go ahead and use them. I use Tor and it works fine with all the webmail sites I've tried except Gmail. Safe-mail complains when Tor changes the exit node, but it's easy to turn that off.

Another good thing to do is to leave a message in the drafts folder explaining that this is a baiting account. Sometimes lads make false accusations against your character in attempt to get the email account shut down.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ good advice there, I did this and I have never had an account closed, even the ones I have sent thousands of insults and curses from. Death threats and juju curses I've had dozens. but my accounts are still there.

Andy419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

vonpaso xlura wrote:
Another good thing to do is to leave a message in the drafts folder explaining that this is a baiting account. Sometimes lads make false accusations against your character in attempt to get the email account shut down.

Oh wow that is so much of a help!!! All of my baiting accounts end up getting closed <_<
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater.

Sorry to hear about your sister.

Your not being a wuse, everyone should approach this with a bit a of caution

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic