SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone want to take on an Ecuadorean Petroleum scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BStar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am legitimately trying to sell several modern gas pumps.

Unfortunately I have a team of scammers that are taking up all my time, and preventing me from communicating with legitimate buyers.

This seems to be a fairly standard "Contract Fraud" kind of scam. They keep offering more money than I am asking for, offering to Western Union or Pay Pal the money to me, etc, etc, etc.

Does anyone want to bait these buggers and get them off my back? They are fairly inept, but quite desperate, so you might be able to get them to jump through some funny hoops.

Any interest? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks!
that one guy over there
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll take 'em off your hands. Be warned that I'm new at this and will probably fail.
Rocket2003
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think that after this week, most of the people here will be 'new at this'

I just can't wait for the first few months to pass so i can get a carving of myself in the mail. That's going to be a story for the grandkids Very Happy
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, BStar (and you other guys, too! Very Happy). Are these Craigslist scammers?

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think we may have some old Waukeshaw standby's, and a few old hand pumps laying about the yard. We do need some details though.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
BStar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fail or not, the important thing is to keep these guys busy.

Is it safe to post the details in public here, or should I just give one person the details and let them run with it? I'm new to the 419 forums, and am not sure about the etiquette, etc.

(And "next victim", if you want to post photos of those old pumps to imgur, or someplace like that, I might know someone who would buy them. Seriously. When people heard I had "gas pumps" they were thinking "vintage", and were disappointed that mine were modern.)
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was only joking with that post to see if those things may work to relieve your burden! I would have to steal net pix for those products. I'm sure you know that the old Waukeshaw's have magneto trouble in the rain.

Cellphone - web store
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
BStar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

next victim wrote:
I was only joking with that post to see if those things may work to relieve your burden! I would have to steal net pix for those products. I'm sure you know that the old Waukeshaw's have magneto trouble in the rain.

People don't want working vintage gas pumps. They want them for their ornamental value. So they just need to look old.
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I made a mistake when the Petroleum Industry was mentioned. I do know people that have the older pumps that you seem to be talking about, I just have a different take on these things.

This is an old Waukeshaw!

Cellphone - web store
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BStar wrote:
Is it safe to post the details in public here, or should I just give one person the details and let them run with it? I'm new to the 419 forums, and am not sure about the etiquette, etc.

It's cool to post details here BUT... that usually happens with standard 419 scams where we post the lad's scam email format and addy so baiters can see evidence of the lad's scam and what his story is. That's what the Surplus forum is all about.

In your case, it sounds like these scammers contacted you from an ad you placed somewhere (Criagslist?). Your situation is different in that we don't start baiting someone based just on an email address. Also, the lad probably has some of your real life details so, for your own safety, I wouldn't want to bait the lad pretending to be you. What would need to happen is for a baiter to post an ad similar to yours and hope the lads that are bugging you respond and try to work their overpayment scam. At that point, it is GAME ON!

I presume your interaction with these lads is via email. If so, you might want to block their email addy so you never see their crap. If they are phoning you, just hang up on them. They'll get the message soon enough and move on to the next victim.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
BStar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the clarifications, Raga Man.

Yeah, I posted that I had these "dispensers" (the technical term for a gas pump) for sale in a forum on the Petroleum Equipment Forum (PEI.org). There seem to be four different personalities (maybe all the same lad, maybe several working as a team) that post a response to almost every ad posted.

It was clear that they were scammers from probably the second email... but since I didn't have any other buyers lined up, I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, since I have been in contact with them, I decided to go ahead and get a photo of them. With a sign, and a pot on their head.

I'll let you know if this goes anywhere...
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Anyway, since I have been in contact with them, I decided to go ahead and get a photo of them. With a sign, and a pot on their head.

These lads do have some of your real life info, correct? Sometimes all it takes is an email address to find out your name, address, etc. If this is the case, I strongly encourage you to leave them alone. Please read the information on safe baiting found here (clicky).

If you want to bait these punks yourself, post a new ad with different equipment and use an anonymous email addy. If you would like some help getting started, feel free to sign up for a mentor. By the way, you have a Private Message from me.

BStar
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good points, Raga Man. Maybe I need to just block them and let them be.

I used a real email address, and they have my name, but that is it. So I am probably too exposed at this point to be able to bait these lads properly.
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They will also know your profile on PEI so any new ad you posted would have to be under a new profile. That doesn't mean you can't still give these clowns "the business". We have our ways... Twisted Evil Check your PMs.

Last edited by Raga Man on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My day job is in the oil & gas industry. If you want to pm me the details on these guys & where you picked them up, I'll do a CLEARLY fake ad that only a lad would latch on to and try to grab them.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic