SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

scam awareness letter

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am going to send this letter to the most red newspaper in Spain, the "20Minutos", tell me what you think of it. You are free to use it yourself.

Spanish:

Quote:
Título: La estafa nigeriana

¿Has recibido un correo electrónico prometiendo mucho dinero a cambio de una pequeña tasa? No te lo creas, se trata del timo nigeriano. Las historias que cuentan los estafadores son muy diversas: una herencia sin reclamar, gobiernos africanos que necesitan sacar dinero del país, ayudas concedidas por las Naciones Unidas, premios de lotería, etc. Todos tienen algo en común, te piden que previamente pagues una pequeña cantidad para costear los trámites, pero después de que la víctima pague jamás recibe el dinero prometido. Se han dado casos de gente que ha perdido cientos de miles de dólares. No caigas en esta trampa, avisa a tus familiares y amigos.

English:

Quote:
Title: the nigerian scam
Have you received a letter promising a lot of money in exchange for a small fee? Don’t fall for it, it’s the Nigerian scam. The stories told by the scammers are diverse: unclaimed inheritances, African governments who need to get money out of the country, UN funds, lottery prices, etc. They all have something in common, they ask for a small fee in advance to pay for some proceedings, but the victim never gets the promised money. There have been cases of people losing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Don’t fall for it, warn your family and friends.

note: if you want to make any suggestions, please keep in mind that the letter cannot be over nine lines

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't help with the Spanish but have a couple of suggestions. One of which is to properly name the scam as Advance Fee fraud rather than "Nigerian Scam".

I marked my other suggested edits in red. I think it's important to distinguish between "never getting the money" and the money not actually existing in the first place. I have talked to many victims who think the fund is real but the scammer is preventing them from getting it.
I also added a bit about doing searches. Google is AFF's worst enemy, apart from us. Wink

Quote:
Title: Advance Fee Fraud
Have you received an email or letter promising a lot of money in exchange for a small fee? Don’t fall for it, it’s advance fee fraud. The stories told by the scammers are diverse: unclaimed inheritances, African governments who need to get money out of the country, UN funds, lottery prices, etc. They all have something in common. They ask for a small fee in advance to pay for some proceedings, but the large fund doesn't really exist. The entire story is fabricated to steal money under the guise of "fees".. There have been cases of people losing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Don’t fall for it! Warn your family and friends. When in doubt, trust your instincts and search the internet for more information.

You could also add a link to ScamWarners if you think it appropriate to do so.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ thanks for the suggestions but I don't think there's a spanish translation for Advance Fee Fraud, and the vast majority of spanish people know it as nigerian scam

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A couple of other categories:
enfermos a punto de morir (e.g. Tickling the Spanish Ivories)
refugiadas amorosas (I get these, in Babelpeceño, occasionally)

@Ima: the Spanish says electronic mail.

Is the ink red, or is the paper red, or is it red by a lot of people?

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic