SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Innocent until proved guilty

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hugh R Thaar
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I advertised my boat on Craigslist

Got a buyer from 800 miles away who bought it without seeing it but had to leave the country for 3 months and would pick it up on his return

So far so bad eh ?

I paid his check into my bank 2 weeks and one day since.

It hasn't bounced and my bank confirm funds received

The buyer hasn't sent any emails requesting a part refund

I know a check can bounce after more than than 2 weeks and 1 day, but if it is a scam, why hasn't he requested a refund by now ?

I am keeping the funds in my checking account so if it bounces, I wont be overdrawn

Any ideas?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would contact the bank in writing, state that you have concerns about the check, and ask them to verify that it definitely is beyond the time frame to bounce, before you release your boat to the buyer.

That way, if something does go bad on this transaction, you will be able to go to the bank and say "I released the boat to the buyer based on your assurances that this check was beyond the point of bouncing - -now you are telling me it has bounced. I insist that you make good on the check based upon the written assurances provided by the bank."

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this not the same boat discussed in http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=208272&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

where the issue of the bank and the check were discussed and advise given by a MOD?

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Hugh R Thaar
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good thinking - however the buyer says he doesn't want it until the end of November and possibly December !

So by then the check will have been cleared 3 months +

According to the craigslist warnings, this transaction raises suspicions, but so far so good and without a bounce and without a refund request, I have to start thinking it's genuine.

Surely a scammer would have got his refund request in before two weeks and a day have passed ?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Morgain Le Fay wrote:
Is this not the same boat discussed in http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=208272&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

where the issue of the bank and the check were discussed and advise given by a MOD?

It is the same boat. However some time has passed and I would like to know whether people's opinions have changed on whether this is a scam. In particular, would a scammer wait 2 weeks and a day before going for the refund ? Surely not because checks usually bounce in that time frame and the scammer would want to ask for a refund within say a week ?

Associate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm locking this because it is redundant. You already have a 2-page ongoing thread here. There is no reason to confuse things by starting a new thread on the same topic.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic