SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newby questions

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sumat fishy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all,
can someone answer a couple of basic questions I've got?
1, where do the terms "mugu" and "maga" come from and what do they mean?
2, Has anyone tried to scam a scammer,I mean a complete reversal of roles by sending them a scam e-mail like they send us?

Thanks in advance,

sumat fishy.
maccadanny
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^
Mugu is a term used by African scam artists (specifically of the spam variety) to describe the people they get money from. Literally translated, it means something like "big idiot."
Pretty´s Darling
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the board!
To answer your questions:

1. I know that "mugu" means "idiot". I dont know if "maga" means the same. African scammer call their victims mugus.

2. We dont scam scammer. We dont ask for money. We are no scammers. We play victims. That´s our daily bread.
sumat fishy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Pretty,

I just wondered if it had ever been done to give the lad a taste of his own medicine.
Pretty´s Darling
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sumat fishy wrote:
Thanks Pretty,

I just wondered if it had ever been done to give the lad a taste of his own medicine.

I guess if we´d do this, they´d just think we´re fellow scammers and would ask us to leave them alone.
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugu = fool.
Maga = paying victim on the hook.

Read some more of the forums sumat fishy and you'll see that we never "cashbait" but we do give them a very hard time. Wink

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Levitate
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam baiting is a finely tuned balancing act. It's supposed to keep the lad interested for as long as it's humanly possible.

My first objective is always to get the lad to divert from his prewritten scrips and delve into unknown territory. Once he's there all hell might break lose at any second.

I don't do this to gain financially or to scam the scammer.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a copy of what jose (MOD) recently posted:

Quote:
Baiting for cash:- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Due to the possible legal implications involved, but more importantly because the possible dangers posed to baiters, please note that the Administrators and Moderators of 419eater.com no longer permit any discussion relating to cash baits or methods of extracting money from scammers on this board. If you feel the need to discuss such matters then please do so either by this board's Private Messaging system or by email - but be advised, we do not sanction or encourage such discussions and will play no part in furtherance of cash-baiting.

Any public posts relating to cash baits, other methods relating to the extraction of money from scammers will be immediately locked or deleted.

Personal message by Shiver Metimbers:

Of course people will say, "well, you have done it, so why can't we?", and that's a perfectly reasonable question to ask. What follows is my personal opinion, and not necessarily those of the other Admins or Moderators.

My only reason for wanting to implement this ban is SAFETY FOR ALL OUR MEMBERS. Most people are aware on my views of cash baiting - scammers are fair game IMO, and I have no moral qualms about fooling a THIEF into sending me his money. Some people with a more blinkered view on reality may think that this makes me a thief also, but I always give my proceeds away to a worthy cause.

Let me be quite clear here; convincing even a scammer to send you money under false pretences IS illegal, and I have never argued against that statement, however, if I have to tread the legal line in order to inflict maximum damage to a thief who has in all probability stolen many many thousands of dollars from innocent people, then so be it. Having said that, my days of 'cash baiting' are over. I did it just to show it could be done, and in a big way. Now I am moving on to more productive areas. The protection of members on this site is far more important to me than the extraction of a few dollars from a thieving piece of scum.

I implore newcomers to scambaiting to never lose sight of the main goal; to waste the scammer's time as much as possible, to mess with their minds, to make them jump through hoops. Of all my most favourite scambaits, not a single one of them involved extracting cash - or even a trophy picture - from the scammer. It is much more satisfying to drive a scammer mentally insane over a period of weeks or months than it is to spend a week or so convincing them to send you a bit of cash. None of my own cash only baits are remotely near any of my favourite baits in terms of overall satisfaction.

Keep reading the stickies, Eater U and the guidelines at the beginning of each forum.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, sumat fishy!
Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
sumat fishy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all for your input,don't get me wrong I just wondered if it had ever been done,I now realise these things have been covered in the stickies and so forth but as you can imagine there is a lot of stuff to take in and I must have missed it.I'm gtting there slowly.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome sumat fishy. Very Happy
Yes, there is a ton of information here to read, but all of it is expertly designed to enhance your fun and the lads' devastating experiences. Take your time reading them. You can also jump over to the Eater University Forum for more great tips on maximizing lad pain and "surfering." Read "Straight Baiting" by Otterfan, and "Payment Delay Tactics" by FrumpyBB for sure, and maybe other specific topics that go beyond these basic threads.

Enjoy your time here, but don't forget to feed the cat! Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
sumat fishy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the welcome Slap happy,
I'm getting through all the info slowly ,I can't wait to get my first bait going but I want it to be right so I'll keep reading for a bit.
Cheers,
fishy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic