SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

some beginner questions

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HellsMugu-MC
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bare with me here guys as im sure these questions already have been answered before in the forums but since me and the search function inst friends yet i start a new thread

this baiting phenomenon has been practiced for many long years now
doesnt it get harder and harder to find willing victims nowadays ? or
is an newer ending stream of dumb scammers out there ?

when i start my first baits im a little afraid that the lads immediately
will recognize me as an baiter if i ask them to stand on their head with a fish in the butt .

how many scammers do one have to work before one finds an trophy lad ?
is it maybe hundreds ?

the ones willing to go on safaris or produce an amount of trophys are they
the golden lads of baiting , the golden eggs only a handfull can find .
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater!Baiting is very much like fishing.You have to get the interest of the scammer,and get him convinced that payday is around the corner before he will do anything.Hitting them up for a trophy right away is a sure way to get dropped.They are not all stupid.While some are,a lot of what we perceive as stupidity is a huge cultural void.Many scammers are university students.
Not all lads will produce a trophy or a safari.It takes a special lad to get him to that point.It isn't always easy to do.Concentrate on doing some straight baits first to get a feel for it.There will be no shortage of lads when you decide to take it a step further.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Dunc
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi mate. I too am new to baiting, and I'm currently working on my first lad.

I've not gone too over the top, and have tried to keep it simple. Yesterday I spoke to my lad, and I was bricking it... I thought he'd see right through me immediately. I just tried to keep calm, and lived my role. I kind of believed my story myself, and it helped me through it.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207495

Just take baby steps mate. There's no rush.

Don't assume that the scammers are "dumb" either. The moment you start thinking like that, is when you'll get caught out.

Best of luck buddy Very Happy

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no they are kinda human too so i suppose they aint dumb in general im thinking about the small percentage out there who belive some minister died in an cows vagina whilst retrieving some hidden loot Wink

btw somebody knows if there is somekind of "best of" thread somewhere , all this leeting and such makes it hard to search all ive found is the sticky : A good read!
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome HellsMugu-MC

The stickies are important and so is Eater University Very Happy

In the "Publish your work" section you'll find tons of baits which might you give some inspiration.

Above all: bait safe and have fun - good to have you here Wink

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, HM-MC and welcome to Eater!

HellsMugu-MC wrote:

this baiting phenomenon has been practiced for many long years now
doesnt it get harder and harder to find willing victims nowadays ? or
is an newer ending stream of dumb scammers out there ?

Lads will always find willing victims.

If you mean is it harder to find willing lads to bait, the answer is no. There are always more lads. Unfortunately.

But as has been said already, if you believe lads are dumb, then you might want to rethink. These scammers are making money from sitting in a cafe emailing strangers. Some make good money. Some are wealthy. So how stupid/dumb can they really be?

Quote:
when i start my first baits im a little afraid that the lads immediately
will recognize me as an baiter if i ask them to stand on their head with a fish in the butt .

If you ask a lad for a photo to stand on their head with a fish in their butt without properly baiting them for a long time and without a good story, then yes they will think of you as a joker.

Quote:
how many scammers do one have to work before one finds an trophy lad ?
is it maybe hundreds ?

Yes, it can be hundreds or it can be the first one you email with. It depends on the lad and how you ask for it.

Quote:
the ones willing to go on safaris or produce an amount of trophys are they
the golden lads of baiting , the golden eggs only a handfull can find .

Most lads will never travel. Most lads will never be trophy machines. But the good baiter that are patient and have a good story will be able to find the right lad eventually.

So the best advice? Learn the basic skills of baiting through straightbaiting. Take your time and hone your skills. Read the other baits by baiters both in Help, Hints, and Tips and Publish Your Work. Get a mentor. Be patient. Take part in a massbait. And have fun. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater!

There are always new scammers, just as there are always new baiters, new draftsmen, new doctors, and new members of any other profession.

I wouldn't call it a cultural void, but a cultural gap. They have culture, just a different one. The one I recently baited had no idea who the barber was who formed cahoots with a piemaker, though he claimed to be located on the same street. I have no idea how to make a meal out of ackee, fufu, and palm oil.

Scammers are human. They can repent, just as a criminal of any other sort can repent. I brought that up after a Bible study yesterday. Hopefully, some lads who are baited decide that scamming is futile and give it up.

I have not yet asked a lad to stand on his head with a fish. I have told them fish stories. I have succeeded in getting an account out of somebody. (The fake site, which belonged to a purported lawyer in England, just happened to be on the lad's paperwork.)

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I pretty much straight bait or co-bait with some other Eater members. I am happy straight baiting. I feel lucky if they send me their identification and fill out the forms I send, but then that's me. If what I am doing keeps them busy, then I don't anything else (at this point)

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
HellsMugu-MC
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the advice everyone

yes ill begin with some pretty easy stuff but i have some goals id like to achieve with an safari as the highest one , im unemployed right now so i have the time to experiment some Smile
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In terms of finding lads who can be baited, please keep three things in mind:

(a) there are always new lads - who have never been baited, and who DESERVE the opportunity to be baited.

(b) lads don't have a forum like 419eater. They compete with each other, don't trust each other, and chop each other's dollar as often as possible. Because of this lack of trust, information about baiter "tricks" does not flow through the lad community. On the other hand, 419eater allows you, as a baiter, to stay current on the latest gimmicks and new ideas.

(c) Finally, the best baits leave the mugu wondering whether he was baited! Avoid "burning" the lad by telling him "ha! ha! I am a baiter". Instead, leave him wondering whether, if he had just gone back to Moneygram for that 14th visit, the money would have been waiting for him. In short - good baits don't educate a lad because the lad never knows he was baited.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Entomologist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

G'Day HM-MC, Smile

"Slowly slowly catchee monkey". It is a very good piece of advice.
Jumping in boots and all makes your lad suspicious. I had Joe (lad) on for almost 3 months before I went for a trophy. Before that was achieved I asked for all kinds of documentation. (Inheritance scam $15.5m).

I wasted a lot of this moron's time: I complained that his lawyer was rude and demanding. I asked for all kinds of documentation. (emails failed, he sends several times.) Virus on my computer. Repairs. I had family emergencies. I accepted a huge donation of millions $17. I offered investment money to him.

My character told many lies and made himself look so busy and complying with all of Joe's requests. When he questioned the (trophy) "Gull Label Do Fuss" He deserved a valid explanation. "Rev George's grandfather was the founder of the church. He died in a house fire and the only item surviving the fire was an old book open to the page with that message. (Do not fuss like a seaGULL DO to others as you would like them to LABEL you.)
That was my story and I'm sticking to it.

That bait is still active and has earned me a sandtimer. Cool
The message here is that the longer you keep the lad on the more resources he has consumed and his investment in trying to scam you becomes greater. He is less likely to drop you under those circumstances. Also the length of time you have the lad on is proportional (generally speaking) to the confidence he has in you. Smile

Question the integrity of the proposition at the beginning. Put your mindset to that of a real victim. Try to think like a real victim.

Cheers and welcome. Smile

Sir, I do not send any money to me because i need it.
Let GOD judge me if this is a trick Sir, this is a trick
So if you are buying the Hubble Space telescope that cost 1,000usd.
cowboytrucker32
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry this is off topic Hells Mugu, but I love the Patch. Best of luck baiting to you!!!
HellsMugu-MC
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Entomologist yes ill be trying to get one step at a time i absolutely agree with you that the scammer will be more likely to get his hands dirty the longer hes been baited , thanks for the good advice

btw is it likely that a scammer will get suspicious if i use encrypted mail like hushmail or cyber-rights ?? what mail do most of u use ??
Entomologist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi MC,

I use both gmail and fastmail.

Gmail is fine. Many of my clients use gmail.
Fastmail: wow. If you check thoroughly you will find you can have an address like "[email protected]" or "[email protected]
Check it for yourself. (Its free)
Activate a new account and read the list of available addresses before you commit.

Cheers

Sir, I do not send any money to me because i need it.
Let GOD judge me if this is a trick Sir, this is a trick
So if you are buying the Hubble Space telescope that cost 1,000usd.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I only use Gmail. I have some Yahoo accounts but Gmail is easiest for me.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding email accounts - a lot of baiters use gmail because it does not display sender's IP address to recipients in most cases. I still have some old yahoo accounts I use, in part because the lads seem to respond a bit more favorably to yahoo (or maybe this is just superstition on my part).

Most lads won't be especially concerned about mail services like hushmail or cyber-rights - if they come across a new email domain, the first response for many of them is to try and sign up and see if they can abuse the system (eg sending out formats, etc) rather than being suspicious.

Quote:
doesnt it get harder and harder to find willing victims nowadays

Lads are constantly evolving with their techniques and the kinds of scams they run, moving onto new approaches as the old ones become less effective. The same is true of baiting, as lads become exposed to the signals of "time wasters". Although a lot of lads operate individually and independently, there are others working in far more organised systems, and you can be sure they try and keep up with things that help them differentiate real paying victims from time wasters.

Quote:
when i start my first baits im a little afraid that the lads immediately will recognize me as an baiter if i ask them to stand on their head with a fish in the butt.

Indeed - but at the same time there is no harm in trying out new things, and no matter what happens this will help you get used to the way lads communicate. Sticking with the fish theme, there are plenty more fish in the sea, so if one bait fails, just throw him back and try for another one.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
HellsMugu-MC
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

is there an easy way of obtaining a small database of scammer mails ?
or at least a faster way then copy pasting them from the surplus letters

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.419baiter.com/_scam_emails/scammer-email-addresses.html

This is refreshed every week - 10 days or so as they go stale pretty fast.

Occasionally you get a baiter in there, but very rarely.

HellsMugu-MC
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

holy cow batman that solved that problem jump_4_joy

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Occasionally you get a baiter in there, but very rarely

When I am using the list that Nailgunner put in his post, I add CDXIX somewhere in the ASEM letter as baiter would recognize that (hopefully) and know it was another baiter's letter. I use http://andylangton.co.uk/stuff/roman-numeral-generator because I can never remember CDXIX -- (which is 4 1 9). Occasionally I will put is as cdxix (lower case) so as to not bring attention to it.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
US Dropbox

Film & Production Needs
HellsMugu-MC
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

about not involve ITP's I'm a little unsure about this, I have this scenario in front of me
I have asked the lads to find a Christian man for my business and I am fairly sure that these "new" talent is
the same person I talked to all the time but not 100%

if I ask the first person intermediary for me and explains that he himself will have to pay any wages and so on is it okay that he alone employ others?

HellsMugu-MC
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also thought that I could try to send an "I am very interested can you please explain you more"
and "how did you think that we move forward" messages from another email to the "new" people

dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@HellsMugu_MC

So far as the ITP, I’d be willing to bet that if you asked your lad to find you a Christian man, the lad will either play that role or have an accomplice play it. The lad won’t go out and find someone who is an ITP.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
HellsMugu-MC
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah off course its not like he´s gonna pass on the golden offer i give them
this scenario is already ongoing i have a thread on this modality in hint&tips
it played out really nice and ive got a bunch of lads that´s supposedly
on my demand have "found" nice Christian men capable of handling lot´s of money , and ive sent them looking for property and so on and im 99% sure it´s the lads or in one case another lad that is playing the role.

but ive seen other baiter´s claiming similar baits to be involving ITP´s since i cannot at this point be 100% that it´s not the scammer himself .

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dwatina wrote:
So far as the ITP, I’d be willing to bet that if you asked your lad to find you a Christian man, the lad will either play that role or have an accomplice play it. The lad won’t go out and find someone who is an ITP.

And I am going to disagree with dwatina slightly here. Sure, it's probably a good bet. But isn't it worth knowing that you are baiting a scammer and not an ITP? I mean, is there a shortage of lads out there? Laughing

If you have not gotten a format from the lad in your email, then I do think you need to be diligent and do your homework to determine your 'lad' is really a lad. Google the email addy/phone number of the new character and see if it pulls up scam results. If that fails, then send an ASEM from a different addy asking "Mr. Green" for the payment details for your $975USD payment for the transaction. If the lad suddenly becomes "Mr. Green", then he is scamming.

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic