SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Romance Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new to scambaiting but I have had a lot of luck with lads giving me their bank details. I've just notified Alan of my third!
My main reason for posting is I'm looking for moral support. I've got a bait on at the moment that was inspired by 2001:A Space Bait. It's going really, really well but my ladette is beginning to get to me. This is what she wrote this morning:

Hi darling,

How are you today my love? i hope that all is well with you? yes darling i receive a mail from your friend lawyer ask me some question, but i am afraid if he refuse to help me please talk to him i don't want him to think that i have any bad thing in mind ok, i saw his mail this evening too but i want him to give me time do what he ask me because where i am now they wont allow me to go out anytime i want ok.

I will must surely try my best to give him all the answer soon, darling i want you to know that i love you with all my heart and soul, i want you to trust me ok i can never hurt you in my life, i thank God to bring you into my life i am very happy for that, well i will go for now i wish you God luck but i want to always be in your heart all the time ok.
Yours forever
Basyma

I'm beginning to feel bad about stringing her along...she's good, I'll give her that. Some reassurance please that I'm not scamming some poor innocent myself!!!

"KISS MY GUN NEXT WEEK, TELLING ANY ONE WILL MAKE YOU DIE FASTER". - Hitlad Joshua Clement
"What i have to regret is to have TAToo on my lift forearm, because, i will lose my community member. then will serpent me". - Prophet Felix
"Thanks for your massage and Im interested for this fisting". - Sam Chika
"I don't think that I'm talking to human being like me I think you are a robot". - Mark Obi
Entomologist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Jimlad,

Don't be fooled by pretty words. Often your ladette is a fat arsed criminal sitting at the computer. Not a woman at all. The psychology of that mail reeks of male scammer after your money.

Play him out. Promise him the world. He will eventually ask for money.
It will be for an accident or some kind of urgency to play on your sympathetic side.

Read the link in my recent thread, "Scummer gets 19 years" Then if you still need moral support, don't bait romance. For danger of becoming a lad hugger.

Cheers

Sir, I do not send any money to me because i need it.
Let GOD judge me if this is a trick Sir, this is a trick
So if you are buying the Hubble Space telescope that cost 1,000usd.
Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had the notion that it might be a bloke. The picture that was sent to me is of some babe, but I didn't really believe that was my ladette to begin with. There's no way I'll ever become a lad hugger. Their crimes against the English language alone are grounds for persecution!
I'm looking forward to concluding this one and posting it for all to see. I've really pushed the boat out in the credibility stakes on this one but my ladette just keeps coning back for more. It's great!

"KISS MY GUN NEXT WEEK, TELLING ANY ONE WILL MAKE YOU DIE FASTER". - Hitlad Joshua Clement
"What i have to regret is to have TAToo on my lift forearm, because, i will lose my community member. then will serpent me". - Prophet Felix
"I don't think that I'm talking to human being like me I think you are a robot". - Mark Obi
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Compare the IPs of "female character" and "lawyer, banker, reverend,...". It´s all the same, as you´ve put it, fat-arsed criminal Very Happy
Imagine a Nigerian college boy dreaming of iPhones, iPads, laptops, trainers etc massmailing you and a random number of other people. You´re doing a good deed by keeping him busy.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Entomologist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey That's good work. You have won his confidence.

Get on a plane. (Work related visit to the neighbouring country.} When he wants money that is.
You are willing to meet him. Work commitments don't allow you to travel to him.
He has to travel to you. "She" will send you "her" brother or uncle. You have the money with you.

Air line tickets are available on Eater. Send the idiot a copy.
You don't have to follow my idea but look at making him jump through hoops. Now that you have him hooked. Drive the gaff in next and get a safari or a trophy.
At the end you may get the (Sweet Music Of Success) big rant.

Cheers

Sir, I do not send any money to me because i need it.
Let GOD judge me if this is a trick Sir, this is a trick
So if you are buying the Hubble Space telescope that cost 1,000usd.
Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the safari is maybe next, but since this bait has a spacefaring theme I'm going to ask her to turn up somewhere remote for "transport" to my secret base! I've primed her to expect something along these lines and she just laps it up!

Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've discovered that the IP of her "Lawyer" (on a Yahoo address) is in Senegal, but even though she says she's in Senegal too, she comes up as being in various parts of the US. She's on Hotmail, so is her genuine IP hidden?

FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Proxy. I don´t know where you´ve met "her" but a number of sites ban "evil" IPs so some scammers just work on proxies. If you google the US IPs and they give you spam/scam hiuts, or the ISP offering them does "proxy network solutions"; or something to the same effect, dang! Proxy!

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jimlad wrote:
I'm beginning to feel bad about stringing her along...she's good, I'll give her that. Some reassurance please that I'm not scamming some poor innocent myself!!!

Hey Jimlad, welcome to Eater!

While I am sure you are emailing with a lad, it would help if we had more information. Why don't you tell us more about how you met this lad? Post up some headers/emails, etc and then we could assure you better that you are corresponding with a lad. The more information you give us, the better we can help you. Otherwise we can just give you generalities.

FYI: If you do post up any information that could lead back to your lad, you might want to consider posting it in Help, Hints, and Tips as that forum is behing a login and not googleable. (Whereas Main is googleable.) Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Dora
I actually "met" this ladette by picking up a spare Mugu letter from this forum. I fancied a bash at a romance bait as I've got two or three other ordinary lads with the usual overinvoiced oil contract etc., etc. going on.
The minute I started writing to her she was all over me like a cheap suit, declaring undying love and heartfelt thanks for "rescuing" from a terrible life in a refugee camp in Senegal with all the usual add ons like the dead parents, the wicked uncle and the guiding light pastor. This was her first email to me...

Hello dear,

How are you today
I'm very happy fine.I response to email sent to you at your address. Thank you very much for taking the time of day to write me back.I just hit the Internet to find the man of my dreams, my desire is to find happiness and love being part of a unique and special.

Like I said before in my First post, my name is Basyma Johnson , I was born in Sudan in Africa, but now i am residing in Dakar-Senegal as a result of the civil and political war going on in my country, I am only 5 "8 tall, I have 24 years, single. I'm tall, normal, back hair and black eyes?. I was doing my first year career as a medical student at the University of Sudan before the war began . I grew up with my family?. before I lost my parents. I am the daughter of Dr.Johnson Williams.

My father was Dr.Johnson Williams. the chief personal adviser to the former head of state in Sudan my country, before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed him with my mother. It's only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to Senegal where i am living now.I have an older brother and younger sisters?. and two uncles.I lost all my uncles, who is now leaving the United State of America. But Please do not scare you away, I need a life that will make me feel like any other woman.

Please like to know more about you, what you are doing presently.Your likes and dislikes, what makes you happy? What makes you feel angry? Your family and your friends? Attached here is my picture but I'm not photogenic, i hope you would n t mind. I will like to tell you more about myself in my next mail

God bless and best sense.
Always yours
Basyma

Here are the headers from that one:

Delivered-To: xxxxxxxxx removed - spot
Received: by 10.213.27.205 with SMTP id j13cs44263ebc;
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 02:53:01 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from mr.google.com ([10.229.29.9])
by 10.229.29.9 with SMTP id o9mr4325722qcc.265.1313488381047 (num_hops = 1);
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 02:53:01 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.229.29.9 with SMTP id o9mr3150670qcc.265.1313488380165;
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 02:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from blu0-omc4-s32.blu0.hotmail.com (blu0-omc4-s32.blu0.hotmail.com [65.55.111.171])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id h20si5089180qco.94.2011.08.16.02.52.59;
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 02:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.111.171 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.111.171;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.111.171 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from BLU165-W65 ([65.55.111.135]) by blu0-omc4-s32.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 02:52:59 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="_3eadd51b-012d-4ada-885d-f0ac55e1123c_"
X-Originating-IP: [41.214.41.246]
To: xxxxxxxxx removed - spot
Subject: I WILL LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:52:59 +0000
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <B9198C4B578B4DC8864DFEE4DB432D79@alanspc>
References: <B9198C4B578B4DC8864DFEE4DB432D79@alanspc>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 16 Aug 2011 09:52:59.0639 (UTC) FILETIME=[48181070:01CC5BFA]

I replied with this...

Hi Basyma,
I'm very well thanks. I'm nearly finished my zero G training and although I thought I was coming back to San Francisco, it turns out that my boss, Admiral Forrest has asked me to report to the NX-Alpha base in Boseman, Montana for some shakedown time on the NX-A. I was speaking to the Chief Engineer on the project, a Commander Tucker, who's told me we have a problem with the antimatter flow regulators in the NX-A's starboard engine. So I'm afraid I will have to make do with emailing you briefly for a few more days. I promise I will get back before the end of the week as I'm due some leave before we launch our first flight to Jupiter and back next week. Tucker and I have decided to try for Warp 2 although Admiral Forrest thinks W1.5 is quite fast enough for a maiden flight on an otherwise untested new ship design.
Anyway, enough of work...in my spare time I'm a property developer and am looking for investment opportunities in your part of the world. Property prices in the Federation here are sky high and I'm looking for somewhere new. Do know if there is any land for sale at a good price in Senegal...I'm always on the lookout for a good deal.
My likes and dislikes...I love classical music and Klingon Opera. I'm not so keen on smoking and dishonest people. Flying makes me happy, the faster the better, which is why I volunteered for the UESPA NX-Alpha Program - no one's EVER gone as fast as I'll be going next week when I take that baby up. Incidentally Basyma I hope it's understood that all I'm telling you about my work is strictly secret. UESPA is a secret international organisation and the technology we have developed and have access to is unknown to the world...so far. We don't want to publicise what we're doing until we can prove it works although is does make me smile when I see news programs showing the United States Air Force's "latest" jet fighters...JETS for heaven's sake! If only they knew how quaint and old fashioned all that so called "high tech" stuff really is. They'd faint if they saw what I see in my job.
Anyway, I have to go now, I've got a plasma coil to recalibrate in zero G this afternoon so I must get on. Speak to you soon.
Love,
Roger

After I had sent this I thought I'd really overcooked it and I thought she would twig immediately, but no...here's where she hit me with the "I've got a ton of cash I need to get out of the country" spiel...

Hello My Dearest,

When i got your mail and i was a bit happy but dear my situation here is very critical as in conclusion you will found out that i am an Orphan, but please let that don't scare you away, i need a life that will make me to feel like any other woman.

My condition here is terrible Its just like one staying in the prison and i hope by Gods grace i will come out here soon. I don't have any relatives now whom i can go to all our relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person i have now is Reverend Fabian Alexandra. who is the pastor of the(Zion Kingdom church of Christ) here in Senegal he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather I'm leaving in the women's hostel(in the church camp) because here they have two hostels one for the men the other for women.

The Pastors Tel number is ( 00221-764952522) if you call and tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel because of my condition here i don't have any right or privilege to some things be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.Please listen to this,i have my late father's statement of account and death certificate (as next of kin) here with me which i will send to you later, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading bank here in Dakar Senegal which he used my name as the next of kin,the amount in question is $7.5m(Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars)

So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account because the bank said that i should provide a foreign partner who will stand for me for the transferring and from
it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you.I kept this secret to people in the Church camp here the only person that knows about it is the Reverend because he is like a father to me.So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.

Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i deposed on you.I like honest and understanding people,truthful and of vision,truth and hardworking someone i don't know exactly what's life is to me , but in a short form i am very cool and jovial, i am so humble and respectful ,i like cooking.

My choosing you is a question i knew you must ask and i think it is a good question.i have two reasons for choosing you, i choose you because it is the will of God and i believe knowing you will bring hope back again to my life.my choosing you does not mean i do not have anybody from Africa i have two uncles, that is my late fathers junior brothers whom i think are suppose to be taking care of me but they do not care,all they did was to sell my late fathers houses,company and properties to one Mr Olson Steven from united states and enjoy the money with their wives.I wanted to tell Olson about it but should my uncles know of the money,they can kill me ,so as to eat the money, The day i wrote you first,i picked up your address from site and i prayed over it, After that i decided to write you and i also believe that it is the will of God.

However you can call me with the reverend pastor's office phone line, my favorite language is English, i speak English very fluently because i attended an American and English speaking private school all in my country for almost all my school, try to call me as requested so that we can hear each other voices,i have a lot to tell, i will be thinking about you so much,as i will be waiting to hear from you soonest,
have a good day

Yours lovely.
Basyma

All seems straightforward enough but since then she's sounded more pleading and helpless as shown in my first post in this thread and that's what got to me. I suppose, however, that the ton of cash routine as good as proves she's running a scam, no?

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The IP from that header:

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:
Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.214.41.246
Originating ISP: SONATEL
City: Dakar
Country of Origin: Senegal
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

And those emails are definitely from a scammer and it is definitely a scam. Like everyone else was saying -- bait away and don't worry about it -- it's all just a scam. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Dora, I am suitably reassured.
As I was writing to you I got my first trophy ladette photo of her holding a card in front of her with my "security phrase" on it. It's a girl alright but a completely different one to the photos she sent me back at the beginning of the bait. Even if you hadn't been able to confirm a scam, this alone would be proof enough!

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many times lads will get their gf/wife/sister/friend to pose as the female in photos, so it makes sense that the female is different.

Congrats on the photo trophy! Post it up! Very Happy

Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've posted my trophy in the pictures and video section of the forum.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1738874#1738874

Hope you like it!

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice job! Very Happy

ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice trophy!

I'm sure all of us have hundreds upon hundreds of emails just like yours - nearly word for word - and they're ALL scams.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Les Skruem
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been baiting this exact same scammer for the past few weeks, and s/he most certainly is a scammer. And have you noticed her sickening overuse of the word "darling?" There must be a shortage of thesauruses in Senegal. Rolling Eyes

I never bothered asking for a trophy since I figured there was no real girl... looks like I outta try!

<i>"With due respect, What kind of insult is this." </i> -Barrister Kol!e Mam@ni <br>
<i>"its a hard time i tell everyone i don't give a F**k cuz no body gives me daily bread.....!..Ahhhhh..."</i> -George Mens@h <br>
Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I noticed he/she is very fond of that word. She's also keen on expressing undying love and referring to God's will, mercy and grace a lot. I've come across a couple of people like this in real life before and they were both crooks. My default position now is...if I hear a few too many references to religious terminology, I consider they're hiding something about themselves.
And this morning I got this...probably a function of my having said I'll give her some money:

Yours forever in love
Basyma ImageImageImage

I thought I was going to vomit...the idea that it's probably a fat arsed Nigerian bloke writing this made me want even more to destroy this hideous creature.
By the time I'm finished with this one she really WILL be asking for God's help...I'm about to unleash a safari on her. I've volunteered to come and meet her with fifty grand in my pocket and since I've got her confidence she'll run all over West Africa to get her hands on it. If I can I'll leave her stranded in the desert somewhere.

DuckOfDoom
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell you what though:
Quack!
I am relatively new to baiting and just one thing in all that would have set me worrying and wondering if she just COULD be half way genuine.....the fact that she said they wouldnt let her go out whenever she wanted.
Comments on this from experienced baiters please?

I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL BE KILLED THROUGH SHOTING AND YOU WILL BE PROYECTING YOURSELF FROM BULLET ONLY TO DIE THROUGH PILLOW SNIFFING
Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did have the same concerns, but after some reassurance from other forum members who are actually hearing the same things from her and the fact that early on she sent me two lots of wildly differing photos purporting to be her...my trophy picture is probably the wife or girlfriend of the scammer we're dealing with here... (http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207277) means I am happy that I do have a scammer on my hands. In the above link one of the pictures she sent me still has its original web source address embedded in it so I checked where it came from...a Hungarian dating site. The good looking girl is genuine but her name is Vivian, not Basyma and she is from Senegal...but that's the only truthful part of all this.

DuckOfDoom
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Awwww!
Quack!
I'd ordered you a wedding present as well. Sighhhhhs. Life is so unfair.

I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL BE KILLED THROUGH SHOTING AND YOU WILL BE PROYECTING YOURSELF FROM BULLET ONLY TO DIE THROUGH PILLOW SNIFFING
Jimlad
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blast! I'll have to make do with a death threat. C'est la vie.

Les Skruem
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A safari would be cool, as long as it doesn't interfere too much with my bait! It has been going strong for over three weeks now.

Though I imagine that his/her spirits will be quite dashed if she goes on a safari, comes back empty handed, only to find that her other sugar daddy isn't sending money to help his/her expenses incurred on the trip. Razz

<i>"With due respect, What kind of insult is this." </i> -Barrister Kol!e Mam@ni <br>
<i>"its a hard time i tell everyone i don't give a F**k cuz no body gives me daily bread.....!..Ahhhhh..."</i> -George Mens@h <br>
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DuckOfDoom wrote:
I am relatively new to baiting and just one thing in all that would have set me worrying and wondering if she just COULD be half way genuine.....the fact that she said they wouldnt let her go out whenever she wanted.
Comments on this from experienced baiters please?

(my bolding)

My dear Duck, PLEASE tell me you are joking.

From the lad(dette)'s email above:

Quote:
Hello My Dearest,

When i got your mail and i was a bit happy but dear my situation here is very critical as in conclusion you will found out that i am an Orphan, but please let that don't scare you away, i need a life that will make me to feel like any other woman.

My condition here is terrible Its just like one staying in the prison and i hope by Gods grace i will come out here soon. I don't have any relatives now whom i can go to all our relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person i have now is Reverend Fabian Alexandra. who is the pastor of the(Zion Kingdom church of Christ) here in Senegal he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather I'm leaving in the women's hostel(in the church camp) because here they have two hostels one for the men the other for women.

The Pastors Tel number is ( 00221-764952522) if you call and tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel because of my condition here i don't have any right or privilege to some things be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.Please listen to this,i have my late father's statement of account and death certificate (as next of kin) here with me which i will send to you later, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading bank here in Dakar Senegal which he used my name as the next of kin,the amount in question is $7.5m(Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars)

So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account because the bank said that i should provide a foreign partner who will stand for me for the transferring and from
it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you.I kept this secret to people in the Church camp here the only person that knows about it is the Reverend because he is like a father to me.So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.

And blah, blah, blah. I couldn't even stand to read it anymore to bold the portions.

Now read it again my dear Duck. Do you really think there is any chance this is a real person and not a scammer? Shocked

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I skimmed through this thread and as soon as I saw "Senegal" I could have told you what the letter would say.

Senegal romance = refugee scammers. It's the format of choice, just as Cameroon scammers tend to use pet formats.

I actually think Senegal scammers are boring, because it's always the same.

-Innocent young orphaned female.
-In a refugee camp
-There's always one person "she" can trust; usually it's the pastor/reverend, etc.
-conditions are terrible - "she" can't come and go as she pleases, she is suffering terribly. She can't even get feminine products! (note the connection below) Of course somehow she always manages internet access, even when she can't get the basic necessities of life.
-Daddy had money, if only she could get it. But she can't, without the help of a perfectly strange man. Will he come along and rescue her?
-He's in his 50's and she's a pretty young thing? No worries...Remember the distance,colour or age does not matter but love matters a lot in life (That phrase and its variants are used by almost every Senegal scammer out there).
-She may even ask for money for feminine products (yes, really--it's pretty common!) Why? Because to some victims, it confirms that they MUST be writing to a woman--in their minds, no man would bring such things up or even think to ask for those reasons. Plus, a man is not likely to start asking detailed questions about what exactly she is buying...

Terms of endearment like darling? Those are standard of romance scammers across the board (a) to help further the illusion of a relationship and (b) because it saves them the effort of editing the letter to change the victim's name.

And if you don't believe me as to how typical this is, http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Its+just+like+one+staying+in+the+prison%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

But, obviously they still work at times, or they wouldn't keep using the same old format.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic