SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Our lads may not be paying enough to call us gents!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JimBoy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shall we have them pay more?

Recently I've been looking at international rates with simultaneously browsing the 419eater.com website, when something thunderous hit me. To my surprise after looking at international calling rates for Google Talk and Skype, I discovered patterns in the calling rates!

That calling rates aren't only adjusted for distance, but also isolation!

So I immediately preformed several Google searches to discover what country would be the most expensive for Nigerian (and other) scammers to call!

The website below is from a company that sells prepaid phone cards internationally.
http://www.qcallingcards.com/
Here are some rates to call the U.K. from Nigeria... Nigeria -> U.K.http://buy.qcallingcards.com/p/id_from_country=130&idcountry=286

Nigeria -> U.S.:

http://buy.qcallingcards.com/p/id_from_country=130&idcountry=182

Here in the above two example we can see that "qcallingcards" charging around 10 cents a minute to the U.S. and U.K. But let's look at the next example. Nigeria -> Zimbabwe:
http://buy.qcallingcards.com/p/id_from_country=130&idcountry=70

Wow! Twice as much!?

Now we want these bastards to pay the most when we call us, so my point is that when we get a free virtual number, (a.k.a. FleXTel, k7.net, j2.com, ect,) I believe it is our best interest to choose a number that will seriously upset their finances if possible. Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil Nigeria -> Wallis&Fortuna Twisted Evil

http://buy.qcallingcards.com/p/?id_from_country=130&idcountry=147

Holy mother of Grrrraaaaaahhhhmburger!!!! That's one hell of a price to pay!

Now I know it may be unrealistic to find a free virtual number in Wallis&Fortuna, or East Timor, but if it's possible, we should consider to switch to a number that would cost them much more than they are currently paying! I mean, it shouldn't be too hard too find a number in Greenland...

Some sites you may enjoy or find something that I couldn't find:

Pretty much leading GSM provider in Nigeria with over 35 million subscribers:

www.mtnonline.com

Another carrier called gloworld. Over 25 million subscribers. Maybe you guys can find something from these sites:

http://www.gloworld.com/

GSM Operators in Nigeria

http://www.jidaw.com/telecom/gsm.html

Sizable List on Free (and some paid) Anonymous Virtual Numbers by About.com

The sites listed in the link above aren't really ideal however.

One seemingly perfect service would be Toll Free Forwarding, but it only offers a free trial!

I don't endorse the above service either. But if you know of any free services that will grant you a number with the area code and country of your choice and call forwards, please let me and the rest of the community know.

Note: The rates listed on "qcallingcards" are for pre-paid cards. Since a majority of scammers originate from third-world countries however, I would expect these to be used to at least some extent. Also the telephone companies won't let me find out their international rates. Please correct me if I'm wrong about anything about rates or services in this post too. Crying or Very sad

An unrelated note:

I found out most people in Nigeria who use phones use cellphones rather l than landlines since a company called NITEL sucked so bad. Many people were unimpressed and thus the cellphone market skyrocketed.[/i]
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You onto something but it seem alot of work. Wink

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Quote:
alot of work

Ugh! Aren't the lads supposed to be doing all the work?

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

exxxactly Laughing

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting. Since the OP seems happy to research these issues, I wonder if he can find a way for me (in UK) to have a functioning West African phone number? Wink
JimBoy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Despite wanting a lad to do research for me, I have undertaken the responsibility. (I also found some new tools! Hehe.)

Specifically about phones, I discovered that all Nigerian numbers with the 706 and 803 area codes are subscribers to a company called MTN Mobile. Similarly, if the area code is listed as 0805 or 0807, they are using the carrier "Globacom Limited" You can report those numbers here Their website is www.mtnonline.com

Interestingly enough, I found out how much 25 million Nigerian Mobile phone users pay for International Direct Dialing thanks to the folks over at www.gloworld.com, which is another GSM carrier servicing to Nigeria. Fortunately for us, Globacom Limited provides their IDD rates on their website.

Anywho, you can find out how much they are paying to call you over at Globacom's IDD Rates Chart. I expect these rates to be nearly the same for everyone in Nigeria because of competition from other mobile carriers.

So for calculating the "cents per minute charge", here are the currency rates:

As of August 14, One Nigerian Naira = 0.0066 US Dollar or 152.25 USD

I know many of you gentlemen are from the U.K., so for the reference:

1 British Pound = 245.7620 NGN or 1 NGN=0.0041 British Pounds

To call most places in the world, the telecom company costs our boys 39 Naira a minute. Sad

What the hell is a Naira? Hang on, let me do some quick math for the US of A. 39 Naira a minute/152.25 Naira per USD= 0.256157 cents.

39 Naira a minute is 25.6157 cents a minute!!! This is unacceptable! Evil or Very Mad

Greenland and Switzerland charges them 200 Naira a minute. This is 4 times as much Not good enough. Mad

If a Nigerian calls Greenland or Sweden, he/she will be paying $1.314 a minute. (.814 pounds a minute) This almost satisfies me. Rolling Eyes

BUT IF YOU CALL NORTH YEMEN RIGHT NOW YOU'LL PAY 50X as MUCH AS YOU ARE NOW TO THE U.K. AND U.S.A.!

Yes. If they call *Yemen they'll pay 2,000 Naira a minute. This is $13.14 (8.14 pounds) a minute. Darn straight. Cool

But good luck to anyone getting their hands on a phone number in Yemen. Haha.

That's all I have for now.

*Note the rates listed above apply only for Globacomr, and may not reflect the pricing on other carriers. To see if your lad is using Globacom, just look at his area code. If his area code is an 805 or 807, then he is using Globacom.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is interesting stuff and potentially quite harmful to lad's finances.

Are there any "test" numbers in North Yemen that we could acquire, like the Yemeni equivalent of the whistling pickle, or echo tests etc. or unmonitores answering machines, that will ratchet up his expenses to no good end? In terms of hammering a lad's phone credit and leaving him streded this could well be of use, alongside the line "I know he hasn't picked up, or he would have called me, you must try him again" Twisted Evil

Good work that man, I consider it an investment for a smarter and more purnishing future. Would you guys really trust a lad to do this? Wink

JimBoy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Neat idea really! We don't even have to get Yemeni numbers if all it takes is getting our guy to talk to somebody in Yemen. However, I have nothing on the drawing board about unattended numbers like echo tests.

I mean there are tons of Yemen numbers available like [URL]www.yemen web.com/list.htm/[/URL] But then again I don't have a really good way to get them to call Yemen without involving any third parties...

Ok nevermind, I take that back.

Instead of, say asking for a photo or filled out form, trying to get a lad to give you information on a tourist destination or... No that's still calling a real person.

Oh screw it. We want them on as long as possible, right? Let's just pretend to be a scantily-clad curvaceous Yemeni female harlet and just hand one of them a Yemeni phone sex number or something. We'll throw them into bankruptcy. Haha!

Edit: Yemen is a Muslim country. Disregard everything about being a Yemini harlet.

But in all seriousness everybody, the seemingly only company that provides phone numbers from all over he world (not Yemen or Greenland, but Switzerland) and calls it to our cell is a site called Toll Free Forwarding, but only provides a trial period in terms of paying nothing...

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited by JimBoy on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome JimBoy. Interesting thinking.

A couple of forum etiquette items. We discourage quoting the post above your reply because it is there, right above your reply. Use the symbols ^^^ to indicate you are referring to the post above. Or use the user's name.

ALSO
JimBoy wrote:
Our lads may not be paying enough to call us gents!

We all are not "gents" here. Not making that assumption will help insure some forms of domestic tranquility.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, last night - I had an accidental phone call from a lad...he paid to not even talk to me!!! (See audio forum) LOL Isn't it great when people do not realize their cell phones are on and another person can hear everything going on? too bad that doesn't happen often.

You guys have some great ideas there.

Yes, the lads are supposed to do all the work - but sometimes we have to do some work to learn how to bait them. All the really good baits out there have required some work on the baiter's part.

So keep it up and good luck!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic