SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Absentee property owners BEWARE

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rooted
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Although some members view lads as not always being that intelligent an example of how they have refined their tactics and how sophisticated their scams can be is illustrated in the article below.

In this case the scammers contacted the real estate agent posing as the property owner and arranged for the sale of the property by providing identification documents sufficient to satisfy the real estate agent. Once the property sale was done the new owner is legally entitled to the property and at this stage the original owner has no grounds to reclaim the property or sale proceeds.

The problem with this case is that at this stage government departments and real estate agents are just looking shame faced and trying to shift the blame.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/perth-scam-targets-absent-property-owners-20110811-1io9l.html

Become a GOLD DIGGER

Closed lad accounts x18
Mortar x1

I thank you for your mail and wish to inform you that I mate with the lawyer this afternoon...

PAY YOUR BILL PAY YOUR BILL.OR STOP WASTING YOUR TIME. BARRISTER S ZUMA ESQ.

How will be asking all that question wasting my time that is precious....

... you are a joker a deciever and also a liar ...

New User's FAQ
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Was also a story last night (11 August) on Today Tonight (Prime7). They said it was "Nigerians" but as we know scammers are not only Nigerians.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How does the law differ in the case of buildings? If you buy a stolen car and it's found out later, it gets seized.

unaltromondo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Really I cannot understand how this can happen. Here in Italy, when someone sells his house, both seller and buyer must meet in person at a lawyer's office (called "notaio") to sign the selling act... I thought it was the same all over the world Confused
P.S. it's the same for cars... you must go to the Notaio and give him some 400 euros even if you buy a 1,000 euro car Evil or Very Mad
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rooted wrote:
Once the property sale was done the new owner is legally entitled to the property and at this stage the original owner has no grounds to reclaim the property or sale proceeds.

If this is true, this is more shocking to me than the scam itself. How in the world can the true owner, who had nothing to do with the scam, not be entitled to his property back once the scam has been discovered?? Shocked

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't imagine the true owner not being able to get the property back. Otherwise why would you not "own" both sides of this transaction. I.E. "sell" the property to a friend? That way the friend does not lose money and ends up owning a property. Easy score.

Now, I understand it might be a royal pain in the @%*& to unwind the transaction, but a thief cannot pass good title (at least not in any jurisdiction I am familiar with).

Here in the US any land transaction is going to involve a title insurance policy. So the buyer is protected as well. The title company has the duty to make sure the seller is really the person they say they are and the true owner of the property. Both seller and buyer go to the title company to sign the documents and the title company checks ID etc.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While I do not know the Real Estate laws where this occurred, having been a real estate agent, I believe that the owners do have legal recourse being able to sue the real estate company the agent was associated with and if any title companies were involved.

It possibly would turn into a criminal matter as well.

When a property is being closed, all parties are usually in the room together to sign the paperwork. There are, of course, exceptions, where the buyer or seller is in a distant location. In those cases, the buyer or seller's agent (usually a real estate lawyer) is present.

The article stated:

Quote:
Ms Driscoll said there was no evidence to suggest the agent involved in the transaction had failed to act with "due care and skill".

The real estate agents in most all the companies I was associated with and the State Real Estate Board would have severely slapped that agent's hands (with loss of license, fines, court action).

When buyers or sellers would come into the office, we required photo identification also and if they were the sellers, we also required proof of ownership. If a seller tried to list a property and did not reside in the local area, we would have another affiliated realty company send an agent to that seller to gather the information for the listing.

I am not saying this could not happen in the US, but RE agents are held to a high standard.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic