SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Possible United States Lad?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ric F layer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all. Im pretty new to all the baits. I have 5 or 6 running and have 3 fairly active baits. I do not have a mentor and actually was just going to waste time of the lads, However I was suprised with some of the twist and turns a couple of baits have taken. I am about to start my second dollar chop.

Anyway my first dollar chop is going along. I have an alternate email gomer trying to get the lad to work for him. the lad had been refusing to work with the gomer and actually said (to the bait account)he has sent the package to the US . Now the lad wants me to western union a Chicago address (misspelling Illinois) Could this be an actual US lad going to recieve the money? Would anyone be willing to have a forwarded email or I could PM it to them. I do not know if we can do anything with United States lads. In fact the lad may be trying some reverse psychology because he has been chopped.

If anyone is willing to look at the last email send me a PM. If we can't do anything with USA Lads that is fine, but being new to all this baiting I found a possible USA Lad interesting.
Beefcake
Sex-starved Tikka Masala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Send the info to a mod. The address prolly belongs to a mule rather than a lad. Mods will know how to handle it.

ETA: By the way, welcome to Eater!

Get rock-hard abs in just three weeks - click here to find out how!
Ric F layer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah sure if one is interested in helping. It may all be a farce because of the dollar chop. But I did just notice there is a USA phone number on the email.

It is a New york city area code.
Beefcake
Sex-starved Tikka Masala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I've dealt with 'diplomats' that claim to be in New York. One had a Magic Jack number, the other had a SIP number. Check the email headers for IPs.

Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can have numbers from anywhere. I own Chicago number (Skype) and have never lived there. So, the # is meaningless. It could be a U.S. lad - could be a mule - you never know.

Why don't you have a problem with the western union? The place is closed and there isn't another place open - Ask if you can just wire the money through a bank account - then get the bank account # and send it to a Mod. That's more helpful.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Ric F layer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza
I have already had a problem with Western union. I am already doing a dollar chop
The lad still sends emails (that I have not replied to) because I have a gomer intercepting the emails.

What I was wondering is the Chicago address he wants the western union sent to. I wondered if the site does anything with USA lads/mules.

I also think the lad may be toying with me to see if I can read his emails because the gomer has told him he isn't letting the emails through.

The lad is supposed to retract claims that the gomer is a fraud. Its really quite difficult to explain. This is actually a decent bait to post but I have so many emails and it would take forever.

Im not really having any problems messing with the lad. I was just wondering about the USA factor.
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Ric,
just send the info to a moderator - their names are green. They can check if it is a mule and decide what to do about it.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Call me crazy, but I think checking where the lad's IP resolves to is a pretty good way of determining where he is located. It might also answer the OP's question too so... win/win.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Ghost - UNLESS the lad uses Gmail or some service that will not allow you to get the IP. Laughing (couldn't resist - btw - didn't know you were now in green.)

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Beefcake
Sex-starved Tikka Masala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^In which case the OP could use Spypig or similar I reckon.

wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
Call me crazy, but I think checking where the lad's IP resolves to is a pretty good way of determining where he is located. It might also answer the OP's question too so... win/win.

It's not a good way at all. I can give many examples of where one intensionally or unintensonly have an IP address from a country you are not in.

I used to run a web site devoted to a rail line used by commuters.This has a forum. It attracted many sensible posts, but I got lots of spam too. So I decided to block IPs from outside the country where I live, believing that nobody outside the country would care about the issues commuters had. After doing this, I found I had blocked one of the regular contributors. He worked for a US bank, so his IP appeared to come from the USA, despite he was not in the USA at all.

There are proxy servers which one can pay for, to go via another IP address. There might be some free ones.

Some like myself have legitamet access to computers in other countries. If you administer one of those computers it is fairly easy to make youself appear to come from that IP address.

Computer hackers attempt to hack into computers all over the world. If you get root access on a machine, which is what "root kits" are designed to do, then its easy to configure secure shell (SSH) to act as a proxy server. Just edit the file sshd_config, restart the SSH server, and away you go. Then just set up Firefox, Thunderbird on your own PC to use that proxy server.

So I can think of many ways one can make one appear to come from one country, whilst really being in another. And if you consider the case of the person using my web site working for a US bank, he made no attempt to deceive people to thinking he was coming from the USA. It was just how his employers servers were configured.

I've no idea how easy it is to make one appear to phone from a different area, but for an IP address, it can happen without you realizing it, or you can do it youself if you are motivated.

wasname
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That one may disguise one’s IP is not in dispute here. However, in my own experience, the average unsophisticated 419 scammer would not be aware of or have the technical ability to do this (other than through using gmail, etc).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic