SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419 Programme - Channel 4 UK

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On Now! Other mods will flail me if its posted elsewhere, but I couldn't see it.

419: The Internet Romance Scam

Channel 4 UK

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
kizkiz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All so familiar
Fair play to that woman for going on national tv and admitting to being such a fool
EU321
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Possible to find it on youtube?

who are you and what are trying to do? why are you playing with me? JACK 5MITH

WE DON’T PALY HERE, WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR GAMES. United R1vals after 30x MTCN v4ult logins
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's just finished.

That very first clip that showed a lad claiming it was "payback to the Westerners for the slave trade" made my fists itch...

Apart from the first victim whose obvious suffering was painful to watch, it seemed to me the programme was saying:
"Look... scammers aren't all bad.."

That one who paid back $1000 to his vic? I wonder how much of his victims money furnished his house... and were there any other victims he didn't pay anything back to?

..and the one who formed a relationship with his victim? Weird.

I would have liked to have seen more of the 'Lads are bad' as well as refuting the opening 'slave trade' argument.
A few more emotionally and financially damaged vics would have been better.

This programme just gave the impression that if a vic sticks with her scammer, everything will be ok!

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers are sensitive people and all that stealing really hurts their poor little emotions.

Whoever produced and researched that steaming pile of shite needs a good fucking punch, full on in the face. The sheer ignorance displayed in the narrative made me mad.
Rarely have I seen something so misinformed and so potentially damaging to potential victims.

Reporter on a lad who managed to score a well hooked victim: "I don't know if he really loves her".
You stupid limp-dicked fucktard. What he really loves is the £40k plus he's hit her for. If he really loved her, he wouldn't have cleaned her out of her whole fucking inheritance would he? If he really loved her, they'd have found a way to be together for more than a couple of months, wouldn't they?

My overall impression was that Channel 4 got scammed into portraying lads as people who give a shit.
Wankers.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
spot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
On Now! Other mods will flail me if its posted elsewhere, but I couldn't see it.

Bend over

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=205773

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=205786

Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kizkiz wrote:
All so familiar
Fair play to that woman for going on national tv and admitting to being such a fool

Welcome kizkiz,
you need to realise that most everyone can become a victim. A lady in a vulnerable state of mind who otherwise is very smart can be manipulated by a scammer who has been trained for his "job" by his gang boss and has years of experience. University professors of economy have fallen for investment scams. Jobless and desperate persons have become cheque mules. Scammers are very good at what they are doing.

llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

spot wrote:
Roycropper wrote:

Bend over

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=205773

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=205786

Now, now Spot.
Be fair on poor Roy.
That second thread is locked, you know Wink

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was one bit during the interview with the scammer that gave a good idea how their minds work.
He said "we take a few thousand off them but the system pays them back"
Leads me think that is why they dont believe the victim when they are told that the victim is broke.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
El Nombre
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
and he suggests that all victims are white "if their white, they have money", what about everyone else?

This is exactly why we strike every blow we can Twisted Evil

The new collection
Round 3: Back for more!
Closed lad accountsClosed lad accounts

"you are really a very disappointment to ladyhood" - michael agyekum boateng (standard AFF lad)
"my fetish man is ever ready to strike you deadly if only i give him the final go ahead." - the same Michael as above
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is the Link to it on 4OD

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/419-the-internet-romance-scam/4od#3216499

Must say some of the comments Here are interesting... Exclamation

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/419-the-internet-romance-scam/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
EU321
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

419: The internet romance scam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FDRInbuzI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z18aiKJZ-3w

These scammers make me sick. Makes me wanna bait one lad to a unknown island and let him starve to death there.

WE DON’T PALY HERE, WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR GAMES. United R1vals after 30x MTCN v4ult logins
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first part of this minus the lad talking about the slave trade BS was not too bad. The busting in to presumable arrest a lad had my hopes up (of course that was probably just some stock footage). The first romance victim painted a pretty good picture of what the lads do to ruin your life.

Then it went all down hill. The second victim is clearly firmly hooked by the lad. He apparently had a moment of truth and admitted he was not who he was pretending to be but he never said hey I am a lad. She never says he is a scammer she still believes the money she sent was lost in an "oil deal". Very sad but the lad will take her for every penny she has. I have a gut feeling there was more to the story about his "revelation of truth" too. She said she thought his accent was wrong. I'm guessing the victim questioned the lad enough he decided to try playing it with the truth well at least that he was a black man from Africa and not a white man from Scotland.

Then you have Felix saying the guilt was too much and he had to "set himself free". Evil or Very Mad This just gives false hope to victims who have been scammed,

What was missing from this was a third party who really understands about scams. Someone to explain how the second victim is clearly still hooked into the lads web of lies. Explain that if this Felix lad really gave back the money (which I have my strong doubts or at least that he will give it all back) is a one in a billion situation.

Very careless news story. The reporter clearly does not understand scams if he thinks its possible for genuine relationships to develop or if it is common for lads to suddenly decide to give money back.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bravo95 wrote:
The first part of this minus the lad talking about the slave trade BS was not too bad.

They did at least offset that with photos of Lagos buildings signed "Not for sale - beware 419".
It doesn't seem to have occurred to the producers that if you interview a scammer, he is unlikely to tell you the truth.
It was an awful program.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just look at the size of Felix' flat - who believes he will move back to a small one just to pay back his victim? And in Lagos, is there a way to earn a considerable sum legally in a reasonable time? Unless he is scamming fresh victims, of course. Evil or Very Mad
It's very nice to try and "see both sides" of an issue, but in this case, the journalist did a disservice to the public.

bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^
agree with all above

watched it live, it made me firstly angry (slave comment) then despair ("the system pays them back"), then sad (for the poor ladies) - then angry again at the useless reporter (is there any other kind around nowadays?)

I understand that this series is to give new documentary makers opportunity - this one clearly needs to chose a new profession Wink

and yes I did watch it again yesterday with a coffee in hand rather than a beer (watching it live) - my emotions were all the same

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone here complained about the programme?

If not, would it be an idea to do a multple (dare I say "mass") complaint?

The comments section (from the link supplied by Vampiremerchant) make interesting reading.
There are clearly a lot of victims that the programme has encouraged to speak out (even if only in the comments section).
There's one whose sister is planning on making a trip to se a 'Christian lawyer' in Lagos!
It's a real pity that the programme didn't give a 'helpline' (or more appropriately a 'helpwebsite') for those affected by the programmes subject.

As an aside; I wonder what the viewing figures were?

username14
Please Taunt and Ridicule Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Yeah, it seemed people from romancescam.com (even moderators) shared your disgust based on their comments. I'm going to watch it now, but I have a feeling I'm not going to like it either.

Offering baiting tools and taking requests at http://un14.webs.com (Updated: 8/6/11)
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did drop a couple of comments on that thread..... Wink

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
EU321
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find this picture interesting and also seen it in the documentary.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yish/4395168531/

Are scams usually common in Nigeria? Then I mean nigerian scammers scamming innocent nigerians.

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Yes. Scammers will scam anyone. Claims that they only target whites are self-serving nonsense.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
Nigerian scamming Nigerian? Why not? There's no ruling that says that Nigerians are exempt from Advance Fee Frauds.
The '419' number doesn't just apply to Internet scams that we deal with.

From here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud

Quote:
The number "419" refers to the article of the Nigerian Criminal Code (part of Chapter 38: "Obtaining Property by false pretences; Cheating") dealing with fraud.

From the look of the properties in the documentary, and the need for the warning sign, they were empty and therefore susceptible to con men 'selling' (or more probably renting) them to unsuspected tenants / buyers.

Pay a months or more rent in advance and the 'landlord' disappears with your cash.

Lovely people, aren't they. Evil or Very Mad

bait_my_hook
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^^^
also happens in the UK, such scum are everywhere

and wherever they are hiding there is a baiter who would like to play Twisted Evil

----------------------------------------
AMU NNA GI = YOU BIG COCK
Am not comfortable with this western union thing any more - Kelvin Smith
...i will get you down you asshole f*cking shit - Tom Bruce the hitlad
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nigerian love rats (romance scammers) go to Nigerian social networking sites and scam the girls to get photos from them so they can send their male victims pics which are not obviously from modelling agencies and don't show up on image searches.

username14
Please Taunt and Ridicule Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, here in the US, our whole credit/debt system is so half-ass backwards you can sell someone else's house without them knowing a thing until the new "owners" are at the door, ready to move in. Confused

Even the FBI is trying to warn people about it:
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2008/march/housestealing_032508

Offering baiting tools and taking requests at http://un14.webs.com (Updated: 8/6/11)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic