SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How much money?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pretty´s Darling
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got this (4ppl.com):

Quote:
Dear

Greeting to you, I am Barrister michael john ,from Republic of Togo. The personal attorney to
late (Mr. Victor) who lived and worked here for more than
twenty years as a major contractor and businessman On the 2nd of August 2008,
he and his wife and only daughter were involved in an automobile accident.
while visiting a neighboring country on vacation, he died with his family and They were buried to the best of my knowledge, without no one to claim his Money before his death, he had an investment deposit totaling more than US $8.5,000.00(Eight Million Five Hundred U.S Dollars) deposit in the bank.
I have a mandate to present the bank my late client next of kin since he was from country , i want you to stand and claim, the money with my late client so i wish to present you to the bank as his next of kin. Our sharing ratio will be 50/50,after the transaction of the money,please don't turn this proposal, down good-lock to you

Kindly contact me via my private email address for more details should you be interested in my proposition This is my email address,([email protected])
My regards,
Barrister michael john (Esq)

If he wouldnt have written the amount of the money behind the number I wouldnt have known how much it is.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's quite common, but I'm not sure why. Possibly a lad saw a check and thought that amounts are always shown that way.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know that on lots of legal documents numbers are written that way, so it's possible that lads think that it's more official-looking.

Safari Bibian: Lagos-Accra "Don't make me suffer for being good to help you."

Mortar Golden Pig x30 Closed lad accounts x2,196

"stupid old useless woman." - Esther
"I said don't ever ask my office to draw any bused-shit for you" - Ban Ki-Moon
"you are quite elderly fraud star" - Ali

Support 419Eater! Visit ScamWarners!
Phil Yerboots
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Eight Million Five Hundred U.S Dollars

What's the odd $500 for? Very Happy

"You are sick and need medical attention. I just realised." Pee
hhv01
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pretty´s Darling wrote:
Just got this (4ppl.com):

.....more than US $8.5,000.00(Eight Million Five Hundred U.S Dollars) deposit in the bank.......

In some European countries (I'm not, however, aware about overseas like African countries) the decimal point in numbers is a comma, and the thousands separator a point. Mathematically, only the first sign from the left does count.

The lad's talking English normally should mean that the decimal point is a point, and the thousands separator a comma. So he's offering USD 8.50. That equals to about £5.20 or Euro 5.93. Not a real bargain.....

He's even too dumb to put the number of 8,500,000 into a written expression .....USD 8,000,500.00. My ass!
Starwolf08
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Indeed, some european countries use the commas to separate decimals and the dots to mark every three cyphers, for easy counting i guess. So, eight mil and five hundred would be 8.000.500,00.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The number as written is invalid. The only way I can parse it is as a pair of coordinates, (8.5,0).

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhhh lad officialdom, brilliant stuff. Never correct him (mistakes help tip off real potential vics), but do feel free to enter into conversation about the amount...

"What happened to the other $1.5M? The other guy said it was $10.000;000.00?"
"I have no need for the money, perhaps we can look for a suitable charity together?"

You get the idea, and have fun Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find everything very correct and cannot understand how you can question his integrity Wink

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
pete515
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it's true that the use of the ',' in sums of currency isn't worldwide. For techies out there some countries use of a ',' instead of a '.' for IP addressing and that is confusing.

Apart from that I agree with Frumpy, why are you people so suspicious of nice people trying to throw millions of dollars in your direction Wink

Sand Timer Simon Dormoo - 1 year+, a standard 419er who became my love lad
United States x2 ME Foundation Home, Bank of Afrique
United Kingdom

"..a strange voice like a wild pussy cat yelled at me and then paused......It was terrible, I nearly threw my phone away, and it scared me." Lad talks to a fax machine.

"mother remember I trusted you with all my hearth, remember I fouled with my blood that I am ready to take you as my biological mother remember I gave you my hope, my spirit and soul that you will lie to me or cheat me" Elinah Kipkalya
"you sun of a beach ".."you foolish and bustard stinking dead dog". More from the fragrant Elinah 4 weeks later.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic