SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Frustrating & expensive method to get Western Union MTCN

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got a lad who at some point expects to be paid for some equipment that a club is buying. This club is very beurocratic - he has already had to fill in one 11-page form, and another one or two other forms will follow.

I had an idea that means getting the Western Union MTCN number (fake of course), will cost him quite a bit of money.

The club's secretary makes the Western Union payment, but for security reasons she will only transfer the number to him over an encrypted phone line. If he has an iPhone, he can get a free app for this at

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/06/encrypted-phone-calls-are-here-for-a-price

(I might look for a similar method that does not need an iPhone)

He will then find the service costs $1600/year!

If he does not wish to use the secure service, she will agree to pass one digit to each of 10 members of the club. Therefore he has to phone 10 members of the club to get the MTCN. Perhaps I'll ensure that at least some members of the club will not accept incoming calls if the number is withheld, so he will have no option but to stop withholding his number (he slipped up once, and forgot to withhold it, so I know he is withholding the number, rather than the phone doing it for him).

Of course having this telephone number will not be much use to me, but it will make him feel rather uneasy when he must stop withholding it, but the lure of getting the MTCN will surely be enough for him to stop withholding his number.

I did think of the secretary and a couple of club members then being involved in a fatal car crash. Luckily for the lad, the two members of the club members killed had already given him the MTCN, but once he finds the MTCN does not work, the club will have a problem as no living person knows the MTCN.

Any thoughts on these ideas? Any thoughts on how to improve upon them?

wasname
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
ben_dover
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds interesting, a good waste of time and resources. Not so sure anybody in Africa would sign up for something that costs £1600 a year!

"The deceased customer who died on May 2nd 2007 in a gassy car accident..."
"Im going to sell my phone and balace the guy that help me back to lagos his on my neck"
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ben_dover wrote:
Sounds interesting, a good waste of time and resources. Not so sure anybody in Africa would sign up for something that costs £1600 a year!

I'm sure he will not pay $1600/year, which is why I think he will probably phone 10 people to get the Western Union number.

I think he will expect to get close to $20,000 from my non-existent club, so I think he will jump a few hoops.

Of course, I could end the scam by insisting that he pays the $1600/year and that we will not transfer the Western Union number in any other way. That would be pretty frustrating for him. But I'll keep it going a bit longer.

In fact, he is so stupid, I think if he had $1600 I might well pay it, but I doubt he has the money

wasname
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Bertje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So,

what security measures are you taking to make sure that when he calls the club members, it is actually the person you are dealing with over email and not an imposter?

Surely, you have agreed on a security phrase, or indeed, a security song, that he will have to recite whenever he calls?

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
419muguhunter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BertjeAass wrote:

Surely, you have agreed on a security phrase, or indeed, a security song, that he will have to recite whenever he calls?

Security Song! Security Song! Choose the Security Song! Very Happy
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BertjeAass wrote:
So,

what security measures are you taking to make sure that when he calls the club members, it is actually the person you are dealing with over email and not an impostor?

I did think of the security phrase - never considered a song. I'm not sure even he is dumb enough to not realise that's a windup. But having said that, he does seem very thick. I don't think he has got a Ph.D. is scamming.

But I could try:

Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way.
Oh! what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.

Or perhaps each of the 10 people should want a different security phrase.

He says he makes his calls from a public telephone box, but I can hear a lot of other people talking/shouting loudly in the background, so I suspect it is not a very private telephone box. It would be rather embarrassing for him to sing that.

My biggest problem is how do I get him to call 10 people and him not recognize my voice?

Does anyone want to help me, by being willing to give him a digit of the Western Union number? If so, drop me a private message with a name, email and a phone number that will be expensive to call from Nigeria. It would be good if someone could record it - I'd love to hear it.

However, I intend stringing him a lot longer before payment is made, so it wont be any time soon.

wasname
Bertje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PM-ed

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
419muguhunter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm still learning the Ropes of scambaiting so would probably not be the best person to do a phonecall. Embarassed

Spoken word rap might be funny or song lyrics as passwords 'my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard' etc.

How about this...

http://skypefx.codeplex.com/

It changes your voice in realtime i'm sure other members could suggest better. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic