SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fax recieved requesting my shop's adress...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RepairScamEater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in the auto repair business and today at work I received a fax from an idividual requesting information so that they could have thier vehicle towed to my shop from out of state. Once we were to 'recieve' the vehicle they requested that we provide them an estimate to fix the brakes. Here is the fax i recieved today: (with obvious poor grammar)

Quote:
Hello

Attention: Owner/Manager

Good Morning, how are you doing today ? hope you're fine, may name is mr, Henry Maxwell, I'll like to know if you do auto break repair ?Because my wife had a problem with my 2007 Cadillac Escalade truck on her way travel to Arkansas , when she wanted to visit her mother in Arkansas and i want the truck tow back home here in the state to your shop so you can handle the break problem for me beacause she cannot drive it , can u handle that for me ? and i' m paying you personally for the repair , also the tow guy will have it drop to your shop for the repair by this week Friday from Arkansas i don' t know anybody there and i don't want any how person to handle it, So please get back to meif you are ready to handle this for me so i can tell the wrecker driver to go ahead and tow it down to your shop so i need your shop adress so the wrecker driver can locate your shop easily when they arrive as as soon a you recieve my car go ahead and get me the give me the estimate, so please get back to me through my email am away from my fax right now, my email is [email protected]

Please get back to me Asap.....

Sincerely

Maxwell

First of all, has anyone here seen anything like this? I have already set the bait and obviously haven't given them any information. I've gotten one of these faxes before but I just threw it away. It seems to me like it's some kind of scam.

Here is my reply via email:

Quote:
Henry,

I got your fax this morning regarding your wife's vehicle and replied to it. Please verify that you have received my fax so that we can get the ball rolling on this estimate.

Thank you,
Chris.
a4ole auto

This is my first bait so wish me luck.... And no, i did not send them anything via fax.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please don't bait this person! He, she or it has your personal details.

While it is unlikely, some associate of the scammer could show up at your shop some day and cause trouble - not good for business.

There are LOTS of other fish in the pond. Just don't fish for this one.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since he has your fax number and obviously knows your shop I would drop him.

This wouldnt be considered safe baiting as some of your real life details may be revealed. Trust me, forgetting about it is going to work out best Wink

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Bertje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, and welcome to Eater.

Did you get the fax on your actual business fax number? If yes, please drop this mofo, because he has your real life details. We always bait safe !

Did you use your 'real' email to answer him?

If you want to start baiting, you could apply for a mentor. There are a lot of stickies you can read to get the basic idea of what we do here.

Remember: we are here to help you!

Edit: so basically what masters Bruin and Mortal said

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri

Last edited by Bertje on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
RepairScamEater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm used my 'spam' email to reply. Why would they ask for my adress if they didn't have my info?
Bertje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They have your fax number...and that is personal information.

The advice given above comes from extensive experience with dealing with these criminals. We can't force you to follow it, but I am hoping you will.

My guess: he's going to pay in advance, with creditcard. He's going to overpay you and ask you to send him the surplus with Western Union/Moneygram. Of course, the card is stolen, and the payment will be revoked.

You don't want to mess with stolen credit card......

Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
RepairScamEater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

already dropped... thanks for the quick replies.

I've been following 419 for a long time and got tempted when this came up. Crying or Very sad
Bertje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that is a good call,

and now that you are here, why not get started with a great hobby?
We have plenty of lads in the Surplus that are just waiting for you to bait them Very HappyVery Happy

doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in auto repair too,and we get the same one from time to time.I've also gotten it more than once using a relay service for the deaf.They usually want a credit card number to pay the tow service,overcharge it by a few hundred dollars,and keep the difference.I've also had them call trying to get estimates for a ridiculous amount of work,and wanting me to forward money via WU so they can send me the vehicle.Everyone in my shop now knows how to spot these a mile away.
Welcome to Eater!Hope you stick around to deal a little payback safely.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a small dent on the rear bumper of my car if I ship it to you can you fix it for me please?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic