SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Suggestions for continuing the bait?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nev27
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'm new to the baiting caper. I have a scammer who claims to be a pretty Russian girl. Long story short, is requesting I send money so she can pay the agency. (I'm happy to post all the emails, but I think it would be nothing new to you guys.) It was only an hour or two ago that the scammer did the desperate call for help. I've replied saying I'll do my best but I'm not rich and it'll take time. After a few more emails we've got to the point where Vlad says I've got a week to get the money. I've asked for photos of Vlad (well, the pretty girl) in Moscow. I got a photo of the girl holding a piece of paper with the current date a week ago, so it's possible I get another photo. Not sure what else to do. The scammer was pretty attentive for a while, but the last few emails just cut to the chase. I think I might have pretended to be too taken. Anyway, I'm trying to string it out and get the scammer to jump a few hoops.
Thoughts? Also, I'd like to get a voicemail to give to Vlad. But the k7 thing isn't taking customers. Is there a way I can get a sim (Australian) without giving my details to activate it?
Thanks.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let them explain how that money shipping works, WU Or MG, where would be the nearest office, pity it closes before you're off work, can she wait till weekend or would the other one be right ?
Can you do it bank to bank ? that could be today then.

Got mugged, robbed, drunk, played the horses/dogs on your way there, might take a bit longer now Wink
Anything you can come up with, I usually get "barred" for fighting with the clerk from the WU as it is too easy to check online.
Use the local news to your advantage, car crash = you, basement flooded = you, terrorist alert = you anything that's easy to prove and will keep him happy. Meantime ask for info, pictures, forms to fill (snoop the tool department here) and be as helpful as you can.

Phone wise, others will have solutions there, I'm not from down under, but it's still on the wish list

Have FUN, bait SAFE

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Bill.
I had email back and forth with Vlad last night. Vlad sent about a dozen short emails which I replied to like I was totally hooked.
Anyway, got Vlad to promise to send photo of chick in Moscow. I told Vlad that I don't have money. That I can't get money from bank because of large debt and work is going badly and I might be out of a job. I promised that I'd try and sell something and ask friends for a loan. Told Vlad that this would take time. Vlad kept pressing for time frame. Ended up saying maybe early next week. Vlad said had to be within a week. That's when Vlad has to leave hotel or something. Figured that has bought me some breathing space. We haven't got to the mechanics of sending the money, but I read somewhere that if I say I've sent moneygram? then they can't trace it and I can give some made up set of digits or something.

I'll need to check out forms and see what they do.
Thanks again.
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a fake Moneygram receipt generator in the tools and tips section, but I would use that last.

On the last day before the week is up, tell Vlad you've got the cash, you had to some "favours" because you borrowed it from your ex wife, and you now feel like a dirty man (So dirty, so UNCLEAN!). Then "on the way" to Moneygram, you got hit by a car and ended up in hopsital, where despite your best efforts you are not allowed out of bed and MAYBE a nurse could do the transaction for you.

Then have Nurse write to lad, saying that he knows that Vlad is a scammer and that your character is lying and he knows that you have HEAPS of cash, and for a percentage, the nurse will dupe your character out of it, 'cos you've fallen for the nurse and will do anything she says. The have Nurse fall for Vlad and want to leave Australia (anything to get away from dropbears and funnelweb spiders) to be with Vlad.

Just a thought, feel free to use any or all or none of it

Chrys

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Nev27
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Chrys, thanks for the tips. There's several layers of crispy nefarious goodness, wrapped in a layer of devillishness with a side serve of up-yours that makes that a tasty morsel.

I should tell Vlad about drop bears. Very Happy
Nev27
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vlad sent me a photo, the same girl in a non-descript tea room. I had asked Vlad for a photo of girl at Red Square or some other famous landmark in Moscow. Sad Not happy. Not that I'm surprised, just think Vlad was very lazy.

I replied to Vlad saying the I'd hoped to see girl at famous place and that I had no good news regarding money but was working hard on it. I probably stupidly asked why photo was so small and if she'd edited them herself. (Photos are all about 640x480 or less without exif info). Also asked where tea-room was located. Again probably stupid because it hints to the fact that I know Vlad is scamming me. Pretty sure that Vlad isn't in Moscow. IP addresses are mostly in Chicago region, but seems to be a proxy, and times that Vlad sends are consistent with Moscow timezone. Not sure how to determine where Vlad is exactly.

Vlad won't contact me again till late Monday/early Tuesday local time if he/she keeps pattern of last fortnight. How does giving Vlad the silent treatment sound as a plan to bring him/her to heel? The countdown is till Thursday or Friday when supposedly Vlad has no more money/accomodation. If I just don't reply till the end of next week, will that make Vlad more attentive?
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Best time now to have that trip to your mother/father/uncle to get the cash, pity that truck T-boned your car. Laughing
Add another character or have a few quiet days until the hospital lets you go Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Bill. I'm not sure I've got the Chutzpah to do a car-crash/deceiving nurse scam. But I'll see if I can work up to it.
Nev27
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have told Vlad sob story that I'd tried to get money from friend a day ago. Friend said girl might be scammer. Told Vlad that I tried to convince friend that Vlad was legit. I said that photo would be of girl in Moscow proving she was legit. Photo was not obviously in Moscow (damn you Vlad!). Friend told me girl was scammer, could be anywhere and photo obviously had been edited and wouldn't give me money. Told Vlad I was sad as that was best hope for getting money, but I still believe Vlad is legit.

Told Vlad that I'd decided to take a trip to the country (eat a lot of peaches!) to see family and convince them to loan me money. Said it was only a few hours there and after I'd convinced them I'd come back and inform Vlad of the good news. Told Vlad that if he logged on Monday as per usual the good news would be there waiting for him........Oh Frabjuous day!

Of course, it's just possible on my return journey that I might be waylaid, have an accident or be otherwise incommunicado and not be able to tell Vlad of good news..... Wink
Nev27
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a question. If I post emails, names and photos on the forum, will it be searchable via google or similar? I have just noticed that on another forum I posted some info about my Vlad, name and location, and now it comes up on google when I search. I'd like to post info here for help but if it comes up on google, then it might kill the bait before it's done if Vlad wises up.
Rooted
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are concerned about google search just 'xxxx' out baiter and lad names or leet (ie Vlad becomes Vl4d).

Your lad is still pretty much 'on script' and letting you do all the work, so work towards getting another character involved to confuse him.

Don't worry if you push too hard and lose him because there are plenty more and you can always re-bait him using another character. I've been robbed, beaten, raped, had cancer and been in comas and still the lads just ask 'where is the money?'.

Become a GOLD DIGGER

Closed lad accounts x18
Mortar x1

I thank you for your mail and wish to inform you that I mate with the lawyer this afternoon...

PAY YOUR BILL PAY YOUR BILL.OR STOP WASTING YOUR TIME. BARRISTER S ZUMA ESQ.

How will be asking all that question wasting my time that is precious....

... you are a joker a deciever and also a liar ...

New User's FAQ
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If I post emails, names and photos on the forum, will it be searchable via google

Log out and see which forums you can read, those are the ones Google can search, the ones behind a log in can't be see and you don't need to change anything.
Look for yourself so you never forget Wink

Have FUN

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks. I logged out and the forums can be read without being logged in. At least, the ones I was interested in posting on like this one and the one in which you post your work. I'll have to search/replace names with leet I guess.
Nev27
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rooted wrote:
If you are concerned about google search just 'xxxx' out baiter and lad names or leet (ie Vlad becomes Vl4d).

Your lad is still pretty much 'on script' and letting you do all the work, so work towards getting another character involved to confuse him.

Don't worry if you push too hard and lose him because there are plenty more and you can always re-bait him using another character. I've been robbed, beaten, raped, had cancer and been in comas and still the lads just ask 'where is the money?'.

I've probably pushed to hard. I was going to introduce a nurse character and that, but I'll see if Vlad is still interested after my last request for Vlad to have a photo of the girl naked with her knickers on her head. I told Vlad I had the money ready, but needed this crazy kind of proof that only someone serious would provide. I helpfully suggested that this would be easy to do with mobile phone and mirror. After all, if Vlad really has such strong feelings for me.... Laughing

I also emailed Vlad with new email and different character. Vlad replied with script back at start. So, I'm conversing with Vlad via two separate characters at moment. One a total looser who is pretty desperate, but still unsure enough to ask for a naked picture and the other who thinks he's a total ladies man.....
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Leet should be used sparingly. It can be very difficult to read--and nearly impossible for people with visual impairments who use text to speech software (and we do have some members there). For very small amounts of text, you are better off using the mask function, and for names, just replace the name with another choice.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dorothy wrote:
Leet should be used sparingly. It can be very difficult to read--and nearly impossible for people with visual impairments who use text to speech software (and we do have some members there). For very small amounts of text, you are better off using the mask function, and for names, just replace the name with another choice.

Cool. I'll have to look up the mask function. I've been reading some stuff in the Eater Uni and boy am I bad at this. I thought I was going OK, but it seems that Vlad is pretty much doing his thing. I checked an image which I'd asked for nearly two weeks ago. Vlad sent an image of a cute girl (who may not be the same girls as other photos, but is close enough) with my characters name and the date). Upon closer inspection, the name and date seem to be blurry and probably photoshopped. I thought I was making Vlad jump, but he'd anticipated my request.
If I put up pictures here, will they be searchable? Do I need to upload them to photo bucket. Sorry for the noob questions.
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread IS searchable, but then a Vlad is unlikely to google the images, more likely to google his name.

You can use photobucket and link to the pics in here, but if you have the cash to go orange, then I think you have space to host your images there.

If I had the cash, I'd go orange!

"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"

"You are a dead meat!"

x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Stoney
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.scamwarners.com/

Closed lad accounts *24 *4
bow_down Hail Gomer*4 Malaysia Easter Egg 2013
Sand Timer Chemical Brothers
Sand Timer The Chairman's Xmas Parti 2012-2013
Safari The Chairman's Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos>Natitingou BRODA THEM GO TO KILL ME I BORROW 100,000NAIRA FOR THE JOURNEY
Safari Xmas Pot Rescue Lagos-Parakou-Kandi right now am out of cash
Nev27
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

internationalchrysis wrote:
but if you have the cash to go orange, then I think you have space to host your images there.

If I had the cash, I'd go orange!

Go orange?
Stoney
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nev, he means the link I posted above,
You don't need to go orange for this.

Linky here again for photo upload on eater.

Upload your baiting pictures to scamwarners.com

It's also in the banner of the post's.

Safari The Chairman's Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos>Natitingou BRODA THEM GO TO KILL ME I BORROW 100,000NAIRA FOR THE JOURNEY
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

when I clicked on the uploadeater link, the library server blocked it! Embarassed

"You are a dead meat!"

Nev27
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stoney wrote:
Nev, he means the link I posted above,
You don't need to go orange for this.

Linky here again for photo upload on eater.

Upload your baiting pictures to scamwarners.com

It's also in the banner of the post's.

I still have no idea what going Orange means. Upload Eater is pretty unusable. I tried to upload a photo, then realized it didn't have water mark. It took a lot of clicking on links to find uploaded image and delete it, then tried again now it says I've already uploaded it. But I deleted it so I have no idea. Feel like a moron. Sick of clicking links that don't do anything there.

Doesn't matter. Thanks for your help.
Stoney
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I might go Blue in the face explaining it to you..... Laughing

Have a look to see who is on line. With a bit of luck you see some different colours.
Plebs like us are not bold and blue........HIH

Oddly, I didn't have problem with uploader the one time I used it. We all get used to our own devices...

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Upload eater works fine and has the convenient watermarking function, but it does take a little getting used to. You can use any image hosting site, including photobucket or any of the smaller image hosting sites--you will just need to manually watermark the photos before you upload on the other sites. In the end, it just needs to be hosted somewhere online so you can link to it.

"Going orange" refers to donating to Eater and getting a premium membership. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028 Premium members' names are orange/gold. There are some additional perks specific to premium members, buy premium membership is not necessary to use upload eater or post photos.

It can be a little frustrating in the beginning when you think you had a lad/vlad going and you realize he was actually just churning out his script, but at the same time you are learning more about how they work, and the more you know, the better your odds of getting them off script in the end.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dorothy wrote:
Upload eater works fine and has the convenient watermarking function, but it does take a little getting used to. You can use any image hosting site, including photobucket or any of the smaller image hosting sites--you will just need to manually watermark the photos before you upload on the other sites. In the end, it just needs to be hosted somewhere online so you can link to it.

"Going orange" refers to donating to Eater and getting a premium membership. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028 Premium members' names are orange/gold. There are some additional perks specific to premium members, buy premium membership is not necessary to use upload eater or post photos.

It can be a little frustrating in the beginning when you think you had a lad/vlad going and you realize he was actually just churning out his script, but at the same time you are learning more about how they work, and the more you know, the better your odds of getting them off script in the end.

Sorry about earlier. Late afternoon low blood sugar is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I'm not too worried about Vlad just playing the script. That didn't make me feel like a moron, just clicking the same links over and again and creating and deleting folders and trying to upload the same photo one upload eater. I could see it was a simple interface, but couldn't get it to work. Frustrating. Oh well. I might try again now I've calmed down a little....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic