SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

876 calls

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Samael
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep getting calls from an 876 (found out its Jamaica) number. These guys are really hard to understand due to their accents, but I have a very unlimited calling plan so have kept them on the hook for over a week. They give themselves names like Alex Rogers and David Green. They want me to send them $500 so that they can deliver my prize, 2M USD and a new Mercedes. They're really bad. They can't remember their Offers. Originally they told me 3.3Million. They do have my real cell# and my real name. I "verified" my address with a fake one of course so I know they don't have my real address. They want me to go to Radio Shack or WalMart and get a Green Dot card for $499 so I'm planning on getting one for $0.49 and giving them the receipt code. This is just for starters. I really don't have anything more devious in mind. This encounter did get me in touch with this website though. I think I've found a new hobby:) If anyone sees a danger in my plan that I don't then let me know. If ya'll want to have fun and don't mind calling international some unsolicited sales calls would be fun. The number is 1-876-433-XXXX. They answer almost every time and will call back immediately if they don't. David Green should be the one answering that line. Enjoy.

Mod edit to obfuscate phone number -- see post below. - JF
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Samael!

Baiting is a very addictive fun, isn't it?

However, your identity could be traced with your phone number, and Jamaican scammers have accomplices in the US. They can become nasty! Please drop them immediately, get an anonymous email address (gmail for instance) and an anonymous baiter phone if you want to continue receiving phone calls, and get a fresh lad.

Happy hunting!

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I "verified" my address with a fake one of course so I know they don't have my real address. They want me to go to Radio Shack or WalMart and get a Green Dot card for $499 so I'm planning on getting one for $0.49 and giving them the receipt code

This is not a good idea. Just like we at Eater don't go to WU/MG and get a money order for less than $1.00 to send to a lad. IMHO you should discard your plan to do that and instead, promise to send the $$ via WU or MG and sent a fake MTCN slip, which if you do a search here on Eater you will find out how to do that.

As Jeannette said, drop this plan, get a gmail account and start baiting with a fresh lad. It is not a good idea to bait something as personal as this.

I am sure a MOD will come along and be more articulate about why your idea is not safe baiting.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We'd also like a bit more on the alleged scammer. You give a phone number but some original emails along with their headers as proof is really a must before we can be assured that you aren't just putting up your ex's phone number or a premium rate number rather than that of a real scammer.

Sorry to be a bit cynical but its better to be safe with this sort of thing.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know that I'm any more articulate than Jeannette and/or Morgain, but I agree with them 100%. Drop this one immediately. It is not worth the very real possibility of putting yourself at risk. These guys are professional criminals, and they have some of your real life information.

There are plenty of other scammers around (unfortunately) so get a mentor, set up a fake name and email, and jump in.

PS: I've had to XXX out the phone number as it is against forum policy to allow posting of any phone numbers or email addresses without substantiating proof of fraud.

Edit: Inspector Gadget posted while I was still typing. Very Happy

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Samael
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have any emails from them. They contacted me directly via phone. I also don't have any ex's in Jamaica...I hope, especially considering the fact that its a dude. Anyway, I know I have to take the advise proferred. Though I was thinking about programming a few computers to send automated faxes to this number many, many times. It's just so hard to let something so personal as wasting my time go unavenged. I'll drop them, but I won't forget that number. Maybe in six months or so I can get back to it:) Thanks everyone for the quick and good advice.
Samael
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this will just get xxx out again, but oh well. the number again is 1-876-433-XXXX... If you doubt the fraud try the number. If you can't be bothered to place a free VOIP call then so be it. It just warms my heart to think that just maybe...someone...somewhere... writes this down and goes to town.

My apologies to the moderators. This will be my last posting of the number.

Mod edit to remove number again. PLEASE do not repost! I deleted it originally for a reason -- it violates forum rules. Those rules haven't changed in the past couple of hours. - JF
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its not that we don't believe you, but evidence is important. A Google search on the number doesn't give any result, that's not to say it isn't a scammer on the other end, it could be a new one to the internet.

Without any proof we still can't tell what we are looking at.

With proof, we could pile on him like a ton of bricks.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Winning a contest you never entered in a country you've never been to and the representives aren't sure of the amount you won, but want you to pay $500 to collect your prize. Not much doubt it's a scam.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Samael
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the urgency these guys have. They aren't even subtle about it. They told me that the truck was on its way to my house and that if I couldn't get by WalMart before my lunch ended that they would have to call and turn the truck around. This after verifying an address I made up off the top of my head. It just bothers me thinking about the people they do scam. I'm thinking of a war dialer program, but programmed with only one number. Set it up on public network across multiple machines. They could be receiving lots of faxes on the several numbers I've collected from them. Maybe if they get curious and actually have the know how to connect a fax machine...I'll make sure its a pretty picture of a nice brown starfish:) Too bad it won't be in color. ...They just called again. Didn't answer, but must carry on with my mission of finding these pieces of code.

ps. of course I knew posting the number was against the rules. I did it anyway. Didn't you see my pre-apology?
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

possibly the briefest member wrote:
of course I knew posting the number was against the rules. I did it anyway.

While this may seem to be wild west website, the rules are adhered to with some vigilance and bloodshedding.

Don't push your luck too far Wink

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
of course I knew posting the number was against the rules. I did it anyway

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes simply unbelievable!!

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Samael. I understand your dilemma with wanting to post the number but lacking the evidence we require here at Eater. We don't normally deal with Jamaican phone scammers, so it's normally easy for members to post evidence via emails.

Do a Google search for the phone number and see if you can find it already listed anywhere. There are several websites where people can list only phone numbers.

I don't recommend messing with them on the phone any further, as they obviously have your real information.

I, myself, have received several of these calls and have had to resist the temptation to really mess with them. While I didn't anger them, I did spend about an hour on the phone with one of them, who admitted he was a scammer, explained how they work these scams and then invited me to Jamaica . . . after telling me how he's tricked several women victims into flying down so he can just use them for sex. Laughing

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As they're on your mind justt now, why not get a clean disposable prepaid mobile number and call them up? You can say they kept calling your work number but you had to hang up as you can't take personal calls there or you'md get fired.

If they ask which number/name they called you up at, divert the question with a little anger that *they* called *you* because you won that prize, unless they phone everyone saying they've won...call their bluff if pressed, and/or pick a common surname 'Mr Jones' or whatnot, they will quickly move on to the 'send us money' part if you encourage them.

Oh and don't be silly and anger the mods - they are not distant remote disciplinarians but very current, real members of the board who run a tight ship.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic