SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lads getting smart

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hygiene
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear All,

Newbie here.

I'm in the process of a couple baits (using very stringent safety and security precautions) and I have begun to suspect that by now the average Lad is wise to requests for photos or other demands relating to western Africa?

For example my baits are posing as Hong Kong businessman and an Egyptian respectively. Could this be to avoid or sidestep photos or other potentially humiliating 'trophies'?

cheers
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It might not be the photos,

The mugus et al, know that they have trashed the image of West African nations, so to avoid this tarnished image are claim to come from somewhere else.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Hygiene
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

buried under 419 emails wrote:
It might not be the photos,

The mugus et al, know that they have trashed the image of West African nations, so to avoid this tarnished image are claim to come from somewhere else.

So I take it these days it is rare to have a lad actually admiting to be from west Africa at all?
Bertje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of my lads are from West-Africa, and don't try to obfuscate that.

They do 'branch out' and find accomplices abroad I think. This morning I was able to send Alan the details of a Chinese bank account. Mails sent from chinese IP address, but they wanted me to send money through WU to Nigeria...

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is also common that West African lads pose as British persons, bankers or diplomats. The hide this by using redirect numbers in the UK as numbers. These let them receive calls that you think are to the UK. These start with +4470 where the 70 is the redirect part. It is expensive as hell for a caller to call those.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Hygiene
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So my lad wants me to Western Union, but to an address in Canada. Can I assume there is actually somebody in Canada or could the funds theoretically be picked up in Africa?

(I'm preparing a fake WU receipt either way)
Bertje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that means there would be actually in Canada picking that up (not necessarily the sender of the emails though)

Send your calvary greetings | What is a mentor? | Get a mentor | Forum Rules

Safari x3 Vcamera Closed lad accounts Cellphone Mortar Whip Jack Boot Inventor
Golden Pith Lucky (w/Sparky, MrMystery & Birlic) Lagos-Togo, Lagos-Bamako, Bamako-Siguiri
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be either.In theory you should only be able to pick the money up where it was sent,but lads find ways to pick it up elsewhere.Lads also can be located almost anywhere in the world,and there are well organized groups working out of Canada.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bear in mind that "mules" work in countries other than west africa. They can receive bank transfers or cheques, then forward the money by WU to Africa. They are recruited in "work at home" schemes and can end up in deep shit when the cheques are recalled and they end up before the beak for fraud themselves. Thus, lads can simnply recycle their mule's location as their own.

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The money is most likely being picked up in Canada, though as Doc said, some still seem to be able to work around the location issue.

BUT--do not assume the person who picks up the money in Canada is a scammer too. While some scammers use knowing accomplices to pick up money in other countries, as Nailgunner said, many mules are unknowing victims themselves.

Scammers recruit innocent mules through 2 main channels: fake jobs and romance.

In a fake job scam, the victim responds to an ad for an accounts receivable position, local company representative, or even personal assistant. The title may change, but the responsibility is the same: collect payments, either from WU or directly received into a bank account, and either forward the cash to the "employer" or use the money to purchase specific items and send those items to the "employer." Unfortunately, we still see victims who fall for job scams every day.

In the romance scam variant, the scammer uses a hooked romance victim, who thinks she is doing a legitimate favor for her "love," who conveniently is an international businessman or soldier stationed abroad.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh ok interesting. Thanks for insight!

I have sent a message saying that Western Union deposit has been made but offered no proof of this to further waste time as then then request it. Once I send a fake form, it will be unreadable. More time wasted, I will then send a legible form which of course is a fake. Hope it goes some way to distracting them from ripping off a real victim.
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Once I send a fake form, it will be unreadable.

Surely you threw away the piece of paper that the guy in the WU office gave you?? Maybe you can get a copy? Or you can retrieve it from the trash can some time next week?

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm currently baiting someone claiming to be a Liberian refugee in Ghana. The IP address is in Ghana. My previous bait, though, involved someone claiming to be a lawyer in England (hence the flag).

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Hygiene
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

music man wrote:
Quote:
Once I send a fake form, it will be unreadable.

Surely you threw away the piece of paper that the guy in the WU office gave you?? Maybe you can get a copy? Or you can retrieve it from the trash can some time next week?

I'm afraid tragically there has been a fire in my office as I got drunk on brandy while smoking. It's ok though, as I am expecting a substantial insurance payout.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic