SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Interesting... My bait may be busted

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe sometimes Lads are smarter than we think. One of my character is an old man, so when I had to send a photo of myself I sent a photo of Gene Hackman (not a professional runway photo by any means, but one that looks like a more candid photo and one where he is showing his age). So I get a reply back from the scammer with the subject line "(My characters name) are you Gene Hackman?". So I figure I have been found out, but yet the message still continued with the huge long paragraphs still trying to scam me.

I'm sure he just copied and pasted his usual script, but I just found it interesting that he is calling me out on being Gene Hackman, yet still possibly trying to scam me. Think I've got a shot at baiting this guy still? Suggestions on where to go from here as far as a reply goes? Do I just ignore the subject line and continue to bait? I know there's many ways to handle this but I am curious as to what some of you guys would do here.

Also do you think the lad (who is from Senegal) actually knew who Gene Hackman was, or did he use a site like Tineye to figure it out? Maybe the lads are craftier than I imagined.

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would tell the lad that you are indeed Gene Hackman, but you were afraid that the lad wouldn't believe you if you told him who you really were.

Lads watch US movies, so it is not a stretch of the imagination that he would recognize a pic of Gene Hackman.

If the lad buys your story and believes that you have Hollywood connections, you could offer to get him a part in a big movie. Connect the lad with your "agent" and then get him to send an audition video. Wink

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Breech Birth
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:
If the lad buys your story and believes that you have Hollywood connections, you could offer to get him a part in a big movie. Connect the lad with your "agent" and then get him to send an audition video. Wink

Bravo! Potential for an epic safari. Laughing
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh hell yeah! go for the jugular with a Gene Hackman bait! Love it!

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Baitsamurai
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Remember: once there was a lad who was writing mails to Colt Seavers and then he set his leg on fire Wink

"u dis fucking ingrate, *DELETED*!"
"YOU ARE VERY VERY STPEID MAN FUK YOU WITH YOUR MONEY"
"you are a thief i know you ....fbi is coming for you"
"YOU WILL RUST IN HELL YOU BASTERD"
"I don't mean no disrespect but i don't like that word cunning,I mean this is a charity work for Christ's sake"
Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x84 x124 Mortar United KingdomGermanyUnited States
Safari C0nv0y/P4tr1ck Co-Bait with Boris_YELLsome: Lagos-Abuja-Lagos-Cotonou

Don't ever worry about seeming stupid. We're baiters. We do a lot of silly things in our baits. (Ima Baeder)
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad might have used Google's latest feature, Image Search. To avoid being busted, slightly change your picture before using it. Mirroring it horizontally and turning it a very few degrees should do the trick.

woodyuk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now your lad has found out who you really are it could be worth setting uo a Gene Hackman email addy and telling him that now he's recognised you from your photo you may as well use your normal email account rather than the one he originaly sent his email to which you use to avoid getting humdreds of email from adoring fans etc.

With a bit of luck that will really hook him and from there on the sky's the limit because if the lad believes that he's dealing with a Hollywood star with squillions of cash you may be able to get him to jump through as many hoops as you want.

The funniest thing that I've had happen along these lines is I sent a lad a pic of David Jason and the lad replied asking if I was Derek Trotter (may not mean a lot to non UK members).Well yes of course I was and for about 6 months various email s flew about from my brother Rodney,other members of the Trotter clan and from Trotter's Independant Trading's offices in Paris,New York and Peckham.

I hope you hook your lad really well because I can see all kinds of fun developing if he swallows that you're Gene Hackman.

conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could just slap him and tell him that you're fed up with people mistaking you for Gene Hackman.

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Or swear him to secrecy that he is corresponding with Gene Hackman. Explain that your are tired of the constant attention from fans and that you crave anonymity. Thus, the made up name.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
username14
Please Taunt and Ridicule Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not trying to be a party pooper but doesn't this, even celebrities, violate the ITP rule? I don't know how innocent Mr. Hackman is in his private life Laughing, but still... I mean it's one thing to use his photo and claim you just look like him ("Oh, I get that all the time") but to actually claim to be him.

I apologize if I'm wrong, I'm still trying to get a feel for specific rules around here. Embarassed
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ There is such a thing as Public Figure rights. When one becomes a "personality" or "celebrity" they give up certain rights. They will sue you however if their "name" (brand) is commercially exploited for money. It is perfectly acceptable to use a celebrity's name in a novel or other works of fiction, even in non-fiction (i.e. books that include many public figures' names). If slander is involved, the public figure has a right to sue.

Often times celebrities and personalities names and likenesses are used in satire, i.e. Saturday Night Live., without their permission.

Having said that, how many lads use personalities/celebrity names in their scams?

Perhaps a Moderator will pass by and add more information for our edification.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Back in my undergraduate days as a journalism major we had a few lectures on legal aspects of journalism, including privacy and libel issues. I recall that celebrities have a lower expectation of privacy than members of the general public. US courts generally have upheld this, especially when entertainers and politicians are involved. By the nature of their professions, these people are considered to be inviting public attention.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Starwolf08
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another choice would be to ask him not to tell anybody and, say, put a price to his silence Razz
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^welcome new guy, good suggestion there Very Happy You will go far.

Starwolf08
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL! I haven't engaged into full war yet. I have messed a bit with lads, but I'm doing it from my main account so my name is compromised. Usually I like to push them about telling me what is the address in that box they say they have for me... Of course they can't, so since they're supposed to be my "agents" I boss them around to talk to the people that holds the box to tell him... Basically asking them for things there's no way they can do although by the position they claim they hold, they should.

By the way, I have a fake passport JPG one funky lad sent me... where in the site do I upload it or to whom should I send it?
El Nombre
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115801 that would be the home for all things passporty... just remember the big red FAKE stamped on it so it can't be recycled Very Happy

The new collection
Round 3: Back for more!
Closed lad accountsClosed lad accounts

"you are really a very disappointment to ladyhood" - michael agyekum boateng (standard AFF lad)
"my fetish man is ever ready to strike you deadly if only i give him the final go ahead." - the same Michael as above
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic