SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should teenagers bait?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Olly3008
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Being a teenager, i thought it'd be interesting to have a discussion and hear your thoughts on whether teenagers like me should be baiting.

-Should there be an age limit? Yet still allowing say over 13's?
-Are you happy with any restrictions on age? Why?
-If you have children, would you allow them to bait?
Or generally anything else you'd like to say, or any points you'd like to make.

Cheers, and looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Me:you gonna poo on me?
Abraham 0gho:Until u become honest

Ming Yang: hold for 15mins please i want make use of the bathroom
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most important issue in my mind: are parents aware? Are they involved in the "hobby" of baiting? Do they approve?

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Olly3008
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats a good point.
In my case, my parents are aware, my dad being quite the tech wizz knows im safe, and doesnt see much of a problem.

Me:you gonna poo on me?
Abraham 0gho:Until u become honest

Ming Yang: hold for 15mins please i want make use of the bathroom
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it legal for you to receive/view todger pics from scammers would be my first question.

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my main concern would be security. A lot of younger folks I've met have been pretty cocksure about security and a lot have made mistakes. The number of email accounts I hear about being "hacked" is silly. I suspect they were phished or simply guessed. Not good. You need to be pretty careful and sure about what you're doing. Never forget you're talking to a criminal who could have all sorts of connections outside his own area.

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Teenagers should not bait no.

First we deal with criminals - and I cant tell you not to bait, you wouldnt listen to me anyway, but who in there right mind would would want you in contact with criminals?

Secondly what gets posted your far better off not knowing, you probably already know it, but for now its inappropriate.

Thirdly the mods and admin would not want you to be put at any risk of any kind whatsoever.

Thats my thoughts, baiters should be a min of 16 but 18 is more realistic (18 is teenager too)

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As long as you tidy your room, do your homework and wash behind your ears before you login to Eater, I don't have a problem.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Olly: Are you admitting to being the "youngest" member on Eater? Shocked Laughing

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Thirdly the mods and admin would not want you to be put at any risk of any kind whatsoever.

I think this goes for every Eater member and Baiter for that matter. Laughing

I believe the rule is you have to be 13 or over. So yes teenagers can bait.

Should they? I think so assuming their parents approve and they have the maturity to bait safely.

Teenagers now days are exposed to much more these days than they were when I was a teenager before the Internet was around. I honestly do not think they would be exposed to anything new here regarding graphic material.

So then it just comes down to safety and a teenager who follows the safe baiting guidelines here is just as safe as an adult member.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now if you vote for no baiting, at what age would it be possible to bait then ? (isn't that different for everybody?)
And would you rather have them bait and not tell about it, cause that's the trend with my grand kids or have them with a mentor take the first steps so you have the time to explain something.

If you vote yes, you give them an experienced public that can help and advice. And if you let them bait you have more people knowing what a scam is and how to prevent it, I think they should teach it in school Laughing

As for me, who the hell am I that I can make those decisions for other peoples kids, where did I earn the right to do so.

As a site you have no control what so ever about your users, you can just prevent that they write about it here.
Smarter ones have already learned what subjects to avoid while typing in the eater forums.

Just my $0.02

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

+1 about teaching in school. IT is so rampant out there as it is. Why not educate.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow--This is definitely a difficult question.

It's hard for me to answer because I have a 12-year-old niece who knows what I do (I sometimes burn my calls to CDs and share with family and friends at gatherings). They (and she) think it's all fun and game, and I try to explain it's a bit more complicated than that Wink

My concern is that some baiters treat it just like a game, and don't realize it's more than that. And aren't careful. I'd worry about kids doing this and think it's only a game.

It is a game--I admit that---but there is a goal. Kids won't think of that, or see the bigger picture. And I worry about carelessness.

This is hard. I know 10 year old kids smarter than some adults, but I just have a gut feeling that kids or teenagers should not be baiting. Though I realize there is no way to enforce it, I'd say a cutoff age of 16. But that's only if it were possible.

It's not just fun and games! There is danger involved, and although tweens and teens are very smart with technology, baiting is different.

I also worry about the legal issues, as well. The last thing we need it letting kids in here to bait. It's dangerous.

So far as parent approval--how can Eater check that or enforce?

I think this a can of worms we are not ready to address yet.

I hope a mod or admin steps in so far as whether we should continue this discussion.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
So far as parent approval--how can Eater check that or enforce?
Not, we fake any document or phone call and kids are even better at it Smile
It's not an eater problem, the kid and the parents are responsible. There are more sites with "not Fit" contents and if.. they will if we know about it or not.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I disagree--it would be an Eater problem if they knowingly allowed a minor to do what we do.

The parents and kids would not be responsible in my opinion. Eater would be--because it was discussed and possibly allowed.

Don't forget--Eater can get in trouble....

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I can't seem to find it but I remeber somewhere it is written the minimum age is 13 to be a member of Eater.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Bravo: You're thinking of when you register for a forum. There is a question that asks if you're over 13 years old or not. That has to do with U.S. COPPA regulations and gathering/saving info about a child (email address, etc) and not about baiting. Most forums have the same check box/choices when registering.

@Dwatina: The conversation is fine.

Quote:
it would be an Eater problem if they knowingly allowed a minor to do what we do

Why? We use all fake info to write back to scam emails. There isn't any part of it that could be considered contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

I'd hope that baiters who are still young teens will have permission from their parents but it's not something we check, nor should we, as it's not our role.

I personally think it's fine for teens to bait and everyone, regardless of age, should bait safely.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the end, young baiters and their parents are ultimately responsible for their actions. Personal responsibility. The forums here are only for discussion of the topic and education on safe technique. It is up to an individual to take the leap. Riiiight?

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^
Spot on!

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

-We are encouraging them to discuss their activities with their parents. If their parents are doing their job, they will know, because they are monitoring their children's internet activities.
-We are not encouraging teenagers to do anything illegal.
-We are not sending inappropriate messages/images to teenagers, and we are not requesting inappropriate messages/images from teenagers.

The truth is, your average teenager is in much more danger on social networking sites than he/she is on Eater.
-On Eater, they are being taught the basics of online security. On social networking sites, they are being encouraged to share their private information with the world, click on random links, and spam their friends. Facebook, for example, keeps changing their settings, revealing more and more personal information unless the user knows how to go in and change their settings (and understands the need to do so.)
-On Eater, we have established--and adhere to--a set of ethical standards. On social networking sites, anything goes.
-On Eater, the teenager knows he/she is dealing with a criminal, and is taught to take appropriate precautions. On a social networking site, he/she has no idea who his or her friends are, and is much easier prey for thieves and pedophiles.

There are some teenagers who shouldn't be baiting. There are also adults who shouldn't be baiting.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I agree 100%. On social networking sites a teen or tween can find todger pics (or pretty much anything else, for that matter) for a dime a dozen. Here on Eater when they occur it's within the context of a bait that's following strict guidelines of safety and the collective ethics of this site. As long as OP's parents are in the know, I'm not worried. Besides, if some lad sends todger pics to someone underage, ultimately it's the lad who stands to get in trouble (although we know that will probably never happen).

I think it shows maturity of thought to have posed the questions in the first place. Thumbs up

Olly, PM me with your Fake Site questions anytime you need -- you're doing great! Very Happy

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have seen some teens mature here. We have seen some adults regress here too.

I agree with Dorothy regarding teaching safety on the interwebs. Most teens on social networking sites have no concept about being safe and or smart. Pictures that they put out there are there for life.

Maturity is not a fixed concept. If 13 is too young, is 14 old enough? My hope is that the teens have a good enough relationship with their parents or guardians they can share their baiting activities.

Certainly bait safe. Be on the internet safely.

OTOH having spent a lot of time with teenagers, They already KNOW how to bait. Their parents, their teachers and each other. Learning to bait here is certainly for a good purpose!

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Olly, did my repeated nagging about your bedtime and your viewing the todgers get to you? - I was joking, because I figured out long ago that you are a mature person. Very Happy
And like TheFae, I think it's great you asked.

Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I see everyone's point here and I agree/disagree to a certain line about maturity and the internet webz, I'm not sure anyone answered my question though, is it legal for a minor to be exposed to adult material?

Putting up NSFW is not the same as an age disclaimer, and some baiters do not censor their more risque' trophies, and now that we know he is young, whether it's part of his persona or not, where do the legalities lie?

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this topic is really relevant to me, being a teenager myself.
At this very moment, I'm 18, which is the age of maturity here. This means I am already mature, yet I'm still teenager.

When I first joined here, I was 16. For the entire time my parents knew and I assured them that I bait safe - this means I told them I use fake names, my IP is not traceable and there is no danger for me whatsoever.

Personally if you bait safe and make your parents aware, there should be no problem at all.

But the stickies talking about baiting safe are there for everyone, not just for teens so...

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bravo95 wrote:
Teenagers now days are exposed to much more these days than they were when I was a teenager before the Internet was around. I honestly do not think they would be exposed to anything new here regarding graphic material.

Back when I was a teen, and my C64 was the closest thing to the Web I had, porn was still abundant, albeit in print rather than digitalized. And a bit of nudity never gave me any nightmares. Bravo is right, today the exposure is much more intense than it was back then, so I don't think a todger pic or two will do any harm. I'm more worried about safety and sensible behaviour. I wouldn't let my own kids (not that I have any) bait until they were 16-17.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic