SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My trip to Nigeria

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
whatsthatcomingoverthehil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi all,

I used to visit this site a lot more frequently a few years ago and haven't posted in a long time but I was compelled to post again to share my thoughts after a recent business trip to Lagos.

As cities go its a bit of a dive, shabby buildings, bad roads (and drivers!), the tell tales signs of extreme poverty all around. One of the saddest sights I have ever seen was the thousands upon thousands of shacks built on stilts along the banks of the river visible for mile after mile as we travelled down the victoria highway. Colourfully dressed people carry boxes of all kinds of produce, darting in and out of traffic trying to sell their goods to the motorists braving the gridlock of Lagos's infamous rush hour traffic. This really isn't the kind of place you would be likely to visit as a tourist.

As it was I spent pretty much all of my time there inside the hotel compound or in "safe" work environments, but the impression I got of the Nigerians I got to meet was very favourable, very friendly, and very hard working (though their attitude to electrical safety left a lot to be desired). The Nigerian culture is all about 2 things as far as I could see, worship of Jesus and worship of wealth. The people in and around Lagos are for the most part very strongly christian, I happened to be there over easter sunday and the entire city pretty much shut down. The wealth aspect is all about the more wealth you have the bigger a man you are, and the more flamboyant the display of "expensive shit", the more respect you get from your peers. Our host over there, a particularly wealthy and well connected man, bought into this ideal with various displays of extravagance.For example one night, after finding out we all liked wine, he drove mself and a colleague to the house of a wine importer where we spent a very pleasant evening listening to jazz and sampling some very nice reds, as we left he insisted on buying a couple of cases of red for us and our party. He even stopped on the way back to wind up the police at a check point to show us how well connected he is. To be fair though, he also extended this generosity to the less well off, giving away mountain bikes and other such gifts to slum kids at a charity event, whether this was for publicity or a genuine display of altruism I guess we will never know.

The reason for this I think is down to corruption, because serious money can buy you serious power and influence, money becomes everything. I realise this happens too in the west but at least here its all done behind closed doors, out there its much more open and everyone knows the score. Its such a shame as Nigeria is hugely oil rich but the rich-poor divide is huge and will never change while people can buy influence so easily.

I'm going to cut this short here because I don't really kno where I'm going with this. The trip which was my first to Africa did give me a much clearer idea of what life is like in the places many scammers come from and it did make me think long and hard about how I feel about scambaiting. I do still think the people who fight the scammers are doing a lot of good, and given a bit more free time and the inclination I would bait again. However its easy to forget sometimes that there are real people on the end of the emails we send, we might treat it as a bit of a game but to them its real life, with real consequences. I don't for one second condone what they do but I do feel I understand a little more about the world they live in.

I wish you die in pain you fool - Kim Young 18th Sept 2006

THE ENTIRE BOARD OF THIS BRITISH BANK WERE REALLY PUZZLED WITH THE FOUL LANGUAGE AND WORDS USED IN YOUR MESSAGE DATED 22ND JULY 2006.

Closed lad accounts X1 (E@st L1nk Courier company)
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting and useful, thank you.

Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for sharing, whatsthatcomingoverthehil. Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
the more flamboyant the display of "expensive shit", the more respect you get from your peers.

nigerians invented hip hop culture? Very Happy

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was brought up in East Africa and to be honest don't expect this sort of behaviour with all Africans.
NAtive East Africans are just as christian and charitable but tend not to flash wealth,
Home, family and good food are more important, as well as the number of cows/goats you have.
(Native/black) South Africans have been a little more influenced by wealthy whites and do tend to want the same crap that the majority of westerners do (including stuff that doesn't belong to them)
Big house + BMW + bling + servants
West africans do seem to go the whole hog and presumably would do anything to achive it going by what I've read on these forums.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting observations, whatsthatcomingoverthehil. Thanks for the insight.

What a contrast to the redneck culture of the United States. Your status as a big-time "Bubba" is defined not by how much expensive, flamboyant stuff you have but by how many rusting car bodies, old washing machines, and other weird crap you have in your front yard - like this doorbell:

I like the Nigerian style better. At least it's easier on the eyes.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

whatsthatcomingoverthehil wrote:
However its easy to forget sometimes that there are real people on the end of the emails we send, we might treat it as a bit of a game but to them its real life, with real consequences.

Their victims are real people too, and suffer more severe consequences.
I got into baiting for the entertainment value only. I'd read several baits and thought "I can do that". Now my main motivation is to do what I can to disrupt the activities of very nasty criminals.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"However its easy to forget sometimes that there are real people on the end of the emails we send, we might treat it as a bit of a game but to them its real life, with real consequences. I don't for one second condone what they do but I do feel I understand a little more about the world they live in."

A very small minority of Nigerians send 419 the emails. Another view is that the senders of these emails are also help shape a negative opinion of Nigeria. Something all Nigerians have to deal with, no matter how honest they are.

Also from what I have learned over the years is that the senders of the emails more often they are involved with larger syndicates that are involved other criminal activities,..

I have met few Nigerians and 419 and other scams are a sore spot with them. The slightest mention can cause them to go in a rage..

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for sharing your trip!

I can understand your last point but just as a lot of westerners lump all Nigerians as scammers I think you are lumping all of the nice people you meet as targets for our baiting. I doubt you were hanging out with yahoo boys on your trip. It is very true there are a lot of good people in Nigeria but those are not the people we are baiting. I also first started baiting purely for entertainment but now I see the destruction these criminals wreak on their victims. They ruin people's lives. They do not just focus on what they perceive to be the wealthy westerners. They scam fellow countrymen and people from third world countries as well not just the "rich".

I show the lads the same mercy they show to their victims.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Their victims are real people too, and suffer more severe consequences.
I got into baiting for the entertainment value only. I'd read several baits and thought "I can do that". Now my main motivation is to do what I can to disrupt the activities of very nasty criminals.

This....

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
TripleG
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

interesting insights! I found a nice book about 419ers:

I Do Not Come to You by Chance by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting look at Lagos today. My sister lived in Lagos for six months in the mid seventies. She told me she saw a pickpocket nearly hacked to death in the street by an angry mob when he was caught. Later, the same people were lionising a well known corrupt local official who ran all the rackets, when he passed through.

She said they have this big man culture, where making a lot of money by whatever means is acceptable as long as it involves some kind of ingenuity.

They had a lot of small time street card scams going on then. Find the lady (or three card monte as it's known by magicians) was common. They knew it was a sleight-of-hand scam, but couldn't figure it out and were quite happy to lose small amounts of money. But if the performer fluffed the routine and revealed how it worked, he'd likely as not get a bloody good hiding. Not because they had lost money, but because they had been made fools of.

When it comes to lads I've had all sorts. Some are hardened, nasty venal criminals that deserve everything they get. At other times, I'll admit I feel like I'm kicking a puppy. They are so inept and incompetent and are clearly scamming because they are so desperate, they feel that's the only option left open to them.

Hay ho. Confused

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman

Last edited by windypops on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This culture of gaining wealth by racketeering and craftiness ties in with why armed robbers are held in such low regard (especially when wished upon a lad's mother). It's the antithesis of the ideal - wealth by brute force and violence vs cunning and intelligence.

ReIsTheLordOfTruth
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TripleG wrote:
interesting insights! I found a nice book about 419ers:

I Do Not Come to You by Chance by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani

Thanks for the heads up.
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sleepless has been back and forth to Nigeria (Lagos, Enugu state, and a few other places too) and mentioned that goat apparently is good food there and the fun and whatnot she had there. Apparently you can lose weight from it being so hot.

EDIT: Yeah you can why they would scam but don't denounce the entire country of being scammers. When I first started baiting I thought it was for fun and then I started reading stories about how vicious these less than human scumbags will go to get a quick dollar and decided that if I can keep as many away from a victim for a long period of time that it would be beneficial in the long run.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic