SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

In today's newspaper - 10 love scam victims killed in Africa

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Asena
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004316/Belgian-police-probe-murders-internet-daters-died-emptying-bank-accounts-flying-Africa-marry.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Goat Golden Goat Closed lad accounts x 40 Easter Egg 2011 x 249
Cellphone x 2
Cellphone webstore x 1

Click here to JITSAMA - acronym invented by Tsnerd
Flying Monkey
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The comments are apalling! All of them gloating ... this is nearly as shocking as the fact itself.

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Please post this link on ScamWarners too, with a few sentences that will show up in searches, warning people about traveling to Cameroon to meet internet romance partners.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

no amount of money is worth a single life, this is absolutely abhorrent.

I cant even begin to think what there families are going through, this is a whole new dirty chapter in the lower than low.

i hope the police catch them quickly, they must face justice.

I agree with jeanette the comments are sick, thank god we dont all think like them, 10 people lose their lives for a bit of money and some idiots think there clever posting comments like that, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

God, that's horrible. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I agree with D11 (and I'm sure everyone else here feels the same way), I cannot imagine the agony the families are going through, especially if a family member smelled a rat and tried to talk them out of going. Kudos to the Belgian police for following through with an investigation -- hopefully these victims will get justice in the end. I Crying or Very sad thinking that there are many more whose stories will go untold.

Crying or Very sad

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those comments (in the article) rile me something fierce. Peace to the sould deperted and let karma have its ways with the perpetrators...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to use this article in my anti-scam lessons.

Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sad... Crying or Very sad

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why just Belgium? Scammers don't just target a single country.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have to agree that the comments in that article were diabolical, to me it seems that the commentators have no idea how these scammers can destroy lives.............. Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After you do this for a while you tend to get used to the"they were greedy and deserved it" attitude that some people have.This is appalling beyond that.No greed involved here.People were killed because they thought they had found love.What levels our society is sinking to that some commented in the manner they did.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This has been reported in virtually identical terms a number of times, and the earliest report I can find is on an Internet blog The Coming Crisis
I wouldn't go as far as to say that I don't believe it, but I'm not convinced I've emailed the Belgian police for confirmation.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Asena
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Shall I still post it over at ScamWarners or wait until you've heard back from the Belgian police?

- I wondered too about about why it was just Belgians that had been targeted. Have since done a quick search on the internet, can't find any history of obvious links between Belgium and Cameroon, but have found this report about it which mentions that the deaths occurred within the last five years and that The Belgian Foreign Ministry say that the deaths may be suspicious:

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/news/110616_brides

Goat Golden Goat Closed lad accounts x 40 Easter Egg 2011 x 249
Cellphone x 2
Cellphone webstore x 1

Click here to JITSAMA - acronym invented by Tsnerd
Flying Monkey
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you hold off for the moment please. While there is nothing scammers won't do, this doesn't ring true to me. I'd expect a statement from a named policeman for something like this.
I can't see that a Scamwarners post will help any potential victims. There are several press reports for anyone who does an Internet search to find.

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.dhnet.be/infos/faits-divers/article/357676/la-pjf-de-liege-fera-l-enquete.html

Quote:
The family made the connection with the death of Michael Pietquin in May 2005 after returning from Cameroon. She learned of other deaths of Belgians, including a Namuroise back from Cameroon where she had married. No help from the Embassy of Cameroon in Brussels on the contrary, she says, "very unpleasant".

The S. filed a complaint with the floor of Huy. The body was exhumed from the commander. At this point, the toxicology results are not known. Regarding Michael Pietquin in 2005, this would be an "overdose of paracetamol."

So Michael died in 2005 - it doesn't all quite fit - 6 years is a long time.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The article quotes no source for this story. The 'Daily Mail' does have something of a reputation for not checking the truth of some of the stories it publishes (It is not entirely alone in this respect). I therefore have my doubts as to the veracity of the whole story although there may be some remote basis. A check with the Belgian police (perhaps via an Embassy/Consulate) cetainly should be made before propogating the story.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cameroononline.org/2011/06/17/belgian-police-probe-murders-of-ten-internet-daters-who-died-after-emptying-bank-accounts-and-flying-to-africa-to-marry/

attributed to the Mail,

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?s=b0f9811fe1bb1805827d46dabd95c7a8&t=50491

Attributed to the Mail, as is everything else I find in terms of Belgians getting scammed and murdered.
Searchin for Michael Pietquin:
translation of a Belgian paper here which attributes the death of Michael Pietquin to an overdose of paracetemol. Note: Michael Pietquin died in 2005 so the Mail is recycling old news, and "Stephane S" (possibly the former airline pilt referred to in the Mail's article, although he was primarily a military pilot flying C130s) died after returning home from Cameroon although his new wife is apparently instructing lawyers to recover his estate on her behalf (I can see the format appearing before my eyes, sorry but lol )

I also found Michael Pietquin's facebook page which was a bit unhappy.

The "love plant" is mentioned a lot. No idea what this is but an OD of anything will harm you. Rhubarb leaves, laurel berries and yew needles will kill you stone dead after all, so go figure.

The Mail does have a shabby reputation for accuracy and it wouldn't surprise me if these deaths were spread over a number of years and if many of them were unrelated to the scams in question. Given the numbers, ten deaths over at least six years is well below the noise floor.

Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The "love plant"

Could literally be anything, we have such wonderful things growing in our backyards here, they can give you a heart attack and are virtually untraceable, no OD needed. We have weeds even that need no preparation and the results are if PCP took PCP while in the mind of some one who took PCP.

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As we all know, romance scammers can bleed victims dry at a distance, and more than one a time. Why go to the bother of getting them to travel to Cameroon to marry you? And then taking the risk of murdering them.

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
We have weeds even that need no preparation and the results are if PCP took PCP while in the mind of some one who took PCP.
dude, go easy on them weeds Laughing

Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
LOL! Why do you think those guys who take juju always end up going on the rampage? We had a guy here who taped his head up in sanitary pads, because the virgin blood would protect him from the demons...the demons that started talking to him after he downed a shot of juju.

To keep this on topic:
So yeah take it under advisement, anyone travelling to foreign places, don't eat anything you don't know. I'm sure love scammers are not the only criminals who will slip you an exotic mickey.

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm thinkin' I should post some horrific lame post over there deriding Belgians dumb enough to travel with a wallet full of $$ and get killed..

No, too harsh..

Eff those romance scammers..

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Boris_YELLsome wrote:
^^^^^
LOL! Why do you think those guys who take juju always end up going on the rampage? We had a guy here who taped his head up in sanitary pads, because the virgin blood would protect him from the demons...the demons that started talking to him after he downed a shot of juju.

To keep this on topic:
So yeah take it under advisement, anyone travelling to foreign places, don't eat anything you don't know. I'm sure love scammers are not the only criminals who will slip you an exotic mickey.

That's awesome, let's find a superstitious lad Twisted Evil

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love these fuckwits who leave negative comments about vics.

Guaranteed, if I were to turn the tables and take up scamming, I could probably make those bitches pay me every penny they've got.

It's always the loud mouths who know least about how 419 works.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic