SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A unique opportunity

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chrisredfield
Master Baiter

Location: Patrolling the lawless wasteland known as the internet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my e-mail accounts I've been baiting with has been used for strictly ASEMs of insults for lads from the list on 419baiter.com. Somehow, a lad has gotten the password and now he's sending scripts using it. I haven't let on to him that I know he's using the account and he hasn't changed the password on me, so I was thinking I could keep an eye on him this way, try baiting the account with one of my other baiting accounts, as well as warn any potential victims. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Closed lad accounts x13
Closed lad accounts x1 in awesome dolla-chop w/Subway 1

South Africa x1 Easter Egg 2012
Beefcake
Sex-starved Tikka Masala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd make sure that he's not directing them to a different addy rather than having them reply to your catcher. Furthermore, there's no guarantee that he's not bombing boxes with your catcher then deleting them from both the sent and the trash folders. It seems like a slippery slope. Perhaps more experienced baiters can weigh in...

Get rock-hard abs in just three weeks - click here to find out how!
chrisredfield
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At first I thought it would be a cool idea, but I couldn't figure out where to go from there, so I decided to change my password, and hopefully the lad quits trying to use the box.

Closed lad accounts x13

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi chrisredfield. While this may seem to be an interesting situation I would suggest that you immediately lock the lad out of your box by changing the password. Check that the reply to address of the box has not been changed and that the prompt question and answer are reset to something that cannot be guessed. Having set up the box originally and not locking out the lad, you may be held responsible for some of the damage that a lad could do from your box. Contact a moderator directly if you come across any potential victims. By all means, continue to bait the heck out this lad from other bait boxes.

Edit to add- Ninja'ed by chrisredfield!

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
chrisredfield
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Ya, that's what I was thinking. At first it looked like it could be a cool way to bait the lad, but then I'd be responsible for any damage he did as well, so on second thought, I figured locking him out would be my safest bet. Who knows? Maybe I'll come across him again.

Closed lad accounts x13

Beefcake
Sex-starved Tikka Masala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you find a reply-to addy in your catcher from him, inbox him there telling him what a small boy he is.

Get rock-hard abs in just three weeks - click here to find out how!
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I would also try ascertain how he got your password...most mail providers are not tolerant of brute force attempts, so either you have weak passwords or perhaps you have a trojan.

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ a lad building a back door to your computer? that's new to me

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who do you think writes the extractor scripts for the lads?
Scammers are the least of your worries on line, and if a lad magically gets in to your mail box, then you have weak security, whether its passwords, or a key logger.

"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
chrisredfield
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use alpha-numeric passwords, but I did change the PW. I'm not sure what he was doing, though, because isn't it normal for them to change the passwords, then use the contact list to send scripts out? Either way, all he was getting was other lads, but still, I'm not a fan of some lad using one of MY accounts.

Closed lad accounts x13

Baitsamurai
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

did you have the mails in the sent folder?
because I also had a script going out on the pop3 of my chatcher account two weeks ago. But it was not hacked for sure. It is just a mail provider without a secure pop3...
without somebody who replied to the sender mail instead of the reply-to I wouldn't have noticed at all...

"u dis fucking ingrate, *DELETED*!"
"YOU ARE VERY VERY STPEID MAN FUK YOU WITH YOUR MONEY"
"you are a thief i know you ....fbi is coming for you"
"YOU WILL RUST IN HELL YOU BASTERD"
"I don't mean no disrespect but i don't like that word cunning,I mean this is a charity work for Christ's sake"
Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x84 x124 Mortar United KingdomGermanyUnited States
Safari C0nv0y/P4tr1ck Co-Bait with Boris_YELLsome: Lagos-Abuja-Lagos-Cotonou

Don't ever worry about seeming stupid. We're baiters. We do a lot of silly things in our baits. (Ima Baeder)
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Chris
If there is traffic information that suggests that the mail actually originated from your box and was not spoofed, then your box is compromised, whether shitty mail provider, or your own security.

I honestly think it's important not to write these things off, especially under "lads don't know computer stuff", there are lads who do, I have had four this last week using tracking gifs, while it's not high brow it still breaks the mantra of "lads do not understand IPs". Besides lads, there are people who sell services to lads, as much as lads enjoy magic, the internet is not magic.

If someone got into a mail account, that I don't use for personal reasons, so I'm probably less likely to have clicked a facebook link or whatever, I'd be damned interested in how they got in, because I wouldn't want the same to happen to a personal account.

Quote:
because isn't it normal for them to change the passwords, then use the contact list to send scripts out

No, this would be a stupid lad or one whose scam has a short life span. As soon as he does this, you are aware and can take steps to warn people. If he is doing it with stealth, he has the box for a longer time.

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
chrisredfield
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just disabled the POP for the account and I checked the login history. So far I am the only person to log on to the account since I changed the password, so I think there's no problem. I noticed it because there were a TON of mail delivery notices in the spam folder, so I actually got to see the lad's script.

Closed lad accounts x13

Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check the headers of those mails, to see if the mail actually came from your account, or was simply spoofed and the victims/lads did not read the instructions to contact at the other address. I once had a guy (non scammer) spoofing my personal gmail, and many people sent me mails because they had created brand new one not using "reply-to".

If you are using gmail, check the filters tab and forwarding tab to make sure he (or she) has not placed anything in there.

After all of this, if you still have a tinfoil hat (as I would) scan your PC in safe mode with your anti-virus, and check that no ports are open that should be closed, a very very long shot but still a possibility could be a root-kit.

Just a bit of UI for everyone, hackers will/do sell of compromised boxes for spammers/scammers, please don't always just brush it off with "scammers are stupid", you don't have to be paranoid, but it is a reality.

My firewall picks up hits from india and holland atleast 10 times a day, and all my ports are supposedly in stealth, and my AV up to date. Don't just bait safe.

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic