SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this scam or just deceptive publicity.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Whocares
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm the lucky winner of a vacation in Turkey. Only one detail caught my attention: the sender was a "sabine greiner", who signed her mail as "simone greiner". Other than that, it looks quite legitimate and I booked (yes, I know I should not have used my real email address). I got confirmation of my booking. So far nothing or nobody is asking for money. I'll get more by regular snailmail. Guess that'l be when they ask for the booking fee, fuel taxes etc. I DID book under fake names, fake phone number, but true home address. Just want to see what will come.
Full email:
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from bache.is.scarlet.be (bache.is.scarlet.be [193.74.71.225])
by blair.is.scarlet.be (8.14.3/8.14.3) with ESMTP id p56D0dqd016679
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:00:39 +0200
Received: from ip47.time2send.net (ip47.time2send.net [78.41.86.47])
by bache.is.scarlet.be (8.14.3/8.14.3) with ESMTP id p56D0cSt024034
for <[email protected]>; Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:00:39 +0200
Received: from name-4b1daba645 (tmo-102-227.customers.d1-online.com [80.187.102.227])
by ip47.time2send.net (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 8B89A187084
for <[email protected]>; Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:37:11 +0200 (CEST)
Message-ID: <14898273.1307364758015.NGMail.u336767170@h1935495654>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:52:38 +0200 (CEST)
Reply-To: Sabine Greinert <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: uw reis naar Turkije . . .
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=Windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-DCC-Scarlet-Metrics: bache 1390; Body=500 Fuz1=2193
X-Virus-Scanned: clamav-milter 0.96.2-exp at bache
X-Virus-Status: Clean

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
Sie haben an einem unserer Internet Gewinnspiele erfolgreich teilgenommen u=
nd=20
eine 8 t=E4gige Rundreise an die Lykische K=FCste in der T=FCrkei f=FCr 4 P=
ersonen (Wert von 1496,-- EUR, exclusiv der
Buchungsgeb=FChr und Kerosinzuschlag / Pax Tax) gewonnen.

- Hin- und R=FCckflug mit renommierten Charterfluggesellschaften nach Antal=
ya
- 20 kg Freigep=E4ck
- Transfer Flughafen =96 Hotel - Flughafen
- Rundreisefahrten gem=E4=DF Reiseverlauf in klimatisierten Reisebussen
- 6 =DCbernachtungen in mindestens 4 Sterne Hotels (Landeskategorie)
- 1 =DCbernachtungen in einem guten Thermal Hotel bei Pamukkale
- Fr=FChst=FCck
- Unterbringung im Doppelzimmer
- Lizenzierte Deutschsprachige Reiseleitung vor Ort

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ihre Gewinnnummer: MS6611
Gewinnbest=E4tigung unter: www.lastminute-pauschalreise.net
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sollten Sie den Link nicht =F6ffnen k=F6nnen, kopieren Sie ihn bitte vollst=
=E4ndig=20
in die Adresszeile Ihres Internetbrowsers.

Bitte melden Sie Ihren Gewinn bis zum 13.06.11 an.

Bis zu dem Tag nicht angemeldete Gewinne werden neu verlost.

Wir freuen uns mit Ihnen und w=FCnschen schon jetzt einen sch=F6nen Urlaub!

Simone Greinert
Flight Managment

I thought I might make them spend money on phone and/or postage. The reply emails from them are visibly auto-generated.
Whocares
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

here's the reply:

Sehr geehrte Herr Moons,

Hiermit bestätigen wir die Reise mit der Buchungsnummer WT35662.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anzahl der Reisenden: 4 Pers.
1. Herr Ronny Moons (Geburtstag: 01.05.1948)
2. Frau Amalia Moons (Geburtstag: 10.10.1990)
3. Herr Lowis Verschoten (Geburtstag: 29.04.1940)
4. Frau Talamalinka Verschoten (Geburtstag: 27.03.1991)

Reiseplan:
Abflug: Am 01.11.2011 von Düsseldorf nach Antalya
Rückflug: Am 08.11.2011 ab Antalya nach Düsseldorf

Hotel-Unterkunft:
2 x Doppelzimmer

Rechnungsanschrift:
Herr Ronny Moons
Draaiboomstraat 11
2160 Wommelgem
Belgien

Telefon:
Mobil-Telefon: 0476324865

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eine schriftliche Buchungsbestätigung geht Ihnen in den nächsten Tagen per Post zu. Bei Fragen oder Zusatzbuchungen geben Sie bitte immer Ihre Buchungsnummer an.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Buchung!
Simone Gellermann

Reise- und Buchungszentrum
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't read German but this type of thing isn't uncommon in the UK.
Basically, they try to sell you a time-share. You have to attend a corporate presentation somewhere in your country (sometimes accompanied with a small "administration fee") and then another one when you get out there (up to 6 hours long). There are also stories of these companies demanding possession of your passport before giving you any accomodation keys.
In other cases, you get the "holiday" but have to pay for flights, insurance, etc.
It's all aimed at brainwashing you to part with more of your money than the holiday is ever worth though.

Way to look at it is: if it sounds too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

Although it's 10 years old, there's a BBC article here showing the darker side of these schemes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1957890.stm

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whocares wrote:
I'm the lucky winner of a vacation in Turkey.

Did you enter? As we keep telling people, you can't win a lottery that you didn't enter.
Walk away.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Sehr geehrte Herr Moons,

this makes me suspicious.

it should be Sehr geehrter Herr Moons,

and that miss Simone Greinert suddenly changed to Simone Gellermann.

was the senders name Sabine Greiner or Sabine Greinert?

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can't read a word of this but the website mentioned was created only days ago and a one year registration. I would be very suspicious.

Quote:
Created:2011-06-04
Expires:2012-06-04

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anything sent from Germany makes me suspicious!
I got a wrongly delivered package the other day containing a black uniform with Nazi armband, a strange,short , off center, sick on mustache, three pounds of moldy knockwurst's, a pair of pink ladies bloomers, a single false ball (bollock), a map of Poland with 'stinky place', 'all must die' written all over it in German.

I had a 1933 postmark, so it might hanging round in the post for a while ..
It was actually addressed to

Adolf 'poopipants' Hitler
Reichskanzlei
Berlin
Deutschland

Yes, look out for any emails addressed from Adolf Hitler, especially if he's trying to sell you a timeshare in Auschwitz.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Sie haben an einem unserer Internet Gewinnspiele erfolgreich teilgenommen

translation: you have succesfully participated in our Internet lottery

did you?

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I went to one of these presentations, they go on and on and on. They wouldn't fix prices, the grubby east end gangster type kept telling me "well if you have to ask you can't afford it can you" as if this made him the cleverest economist in the world, he was expecting me to go all mugu and say "I bloody can and here's my credit card to prove it" but I let him go on until i was bored, then just left. I've been approached numerous times while abroad by recruiters trying to sell me this shit, these days I just tell them to go and ram it. There's always cheaper ways of travelling, with less commitment (ie none) so even legitimate timeshares are pretty much a dead business. The shady ones are pure muck and you don't want to go near them.

Whocares
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, first of all, I did NOT sign in, did NOT participate in any lottery at all. I've got lottery scam letters before, next of kin things, you name it. This is the first one of this kind. Yes, I checked the website and noticed it wasn't registered that long ago.
To our obviously German friend: the sender of the first email was sabine greinert, who signed as simone greinert. An email sent to that email address bounced.
The subject line of the mail even was in Dutch.
I did some research and found several forums with discussions about exactly the same scheme from a few years ago, none of those discussions made me any wiser: it all came down to saying this was a way for travel agencies to fill up empty places: if you try to book with MY winning code, you can. As many times as you want. But only for winter and non-vacation periods. Are they THAT smart to make it look real?? As for myself, I would NEVER believe to be offered a free vacation during x-mass or spring holidays, but the periods they offer are truly low season.
Whocares
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

exclusiv der
Buchungsgebühr und Kerosinzuschlag / Pax Tax

I think that's what they go after. Booking fee, fuel price compensation. Pretty sure that bill will show up in the paperwork they're gonna send me.
Don't bash me, guys, but the name and home address I gave is real, the email is real. First names and dates of birth, and cell phone numbers are not. I DID want to dig this out, so want to receive that snailmail. I've read everything about bating safely, been reading on this website every now and then for years now. But I am fairly confident that these are not dangerous scammers, just cheaters. And I am puzzled because apparently they will send hardcopy to get money.
I'll keep you posted.
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whocares wrote:
The subject line of the mail even was in Dutch.

I noticed. You might try answering in Plattdütsch, Kauderwelsch, or some other obscure Germanic mishmash. I'm baiting someone who runs English through a computer to get Spanish in a French-speaking country. I answer in Spanish, with Hispanicized French words mixed in, and some intentional typos to befuddle him more when he tries to translate it back.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think your predictions of hidden fees is spot on. This may be a legit but shady business. If it was me I'd not trust any company that apears to be "fly by night" as this one does.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Chugg
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Don't bash me, guys, but the name and home address I gave is real, the email is real.

I wouldn't panic, actually. I've busted many real-life (not 419) scam artists over the past few years, sometimes handing my records over to the cops and testifying at their trials, and they all know who I am and where I work. I don't give them my home address, but they could find that out any time since it's not hidden. And some of them are involved in more violent things than fraud. How many have come after me? Zero. I had one very veiled threat once, and that was from a scammer's boyfriend, but that's it.

I'll never encourage unsafe baiting, but the majority of scammers are not very dangerous. Most of them would run away if they saw you coming. There are some violent scammers in the world, maybe even a few who would come after you (hence the "bait safe" rule), but those guys are few and far in between.

Always bait safe though.
Whocares
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The website gives more trip details. Such as that the booking fee is 49 Euro per person. That's a lot of money for online booking, even more than Rianair would charge.
The language issue: what about real "Aantwaarps"? Dan versteun zer gin kloewete van.
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wowwow wrote:
Anything sent from Germany makes me suspicious! ...

Aaawww, and I was just about to send you a plastic model of Neuschwanstein! Laughing

ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
look out for any emails addressed from Adolf Hitler, especially if he's trying to sell you a timeshare in Auschwitz.

That is gold....so sick and so funny at the same time.

I bet you could sign your reply to the scam as Adolf Hitler and the lads would have no clue as to who that might be.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chugg wrote:

I'll never encourage unsafe baiting, but the majority of scammers are not very dangerous. Most of them would run away if they saw you coming. There are some violent scammers in the world, maybe even a few who would come after you (hence the "bait safe" rule), but those guys are few and far in between.

Always bait safe though.

Glad to see you qualified that statement with your last sentence.

The way it should be looked at is this:

The majority of scammers probably aren't dangerous to baiters, but the problem is that you may never know which are and which aren't until it's too late.
Because of that, they should all be treated as potential threats and no matter how comfortable you feel, you should never give out any personal details.

I've also been involved in the arrests of lads on my hometurf but I would never be comfortable with them knowing my personal details. I'm no physical pushover but the fact that nothing has happened doesn't mean that there couldn't be any trouble in the future. And even if we didn't take our own well-being into consideration, we all have families.

Even in this case, the OP is treading a fine line and I personally would recommend dropping any bait and starting again from a fresh address with false details. Unless you know exactly who you're dealing with (which is impossible in the case of an email exchange), the potential risks always outweigh the positives.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
look out for any emails addressed from Adolf Hitler, especially if he's trying to sell you a timeshare in Auschwitz.

Oh I don't know, I think Adolf Hitler scrubs up quite well as house music:

http://youtu.be/zlJ31FVuv6A

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Whocares
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got the paperwork: the company address is in Turkey. The phone number is in germany, and is a pay number. The booking fee is to be paid in a swiss bank. The domain for the reply email address (lykien-rundreise.net) is whois protected (in panama?). More googleing reveiled that, even if one travels, all the additional fees will make the trip possibly more expensive than other, honest, travel agencies in "allowed" season.
So this is no scam, just plain cheating within the grey borders of the law. (as the "booking center"'s address is in Turkey, European law won't apply.

Note that the confirmation letter does not mention anything more than flight and hotel accomodation.

Unfortunately I don't know how to attach a scan of the letter. It is stamped in Germany.

Anyway, at least this has cost them 0,70 Euro for the stamp.
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a general rule that I live my life by, "if I didn't ask for it, it isn't for me".

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic