SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I want to make a web site

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thinking about putting together a .org web site for baiting charity lads. I'm not an HTML programmer so I'm looking at some of those outfits that offer hosting, web site templates, and web building tools (like webs.com, weebly.com, godaddy.com, etc.). I'm looking for some feedback on the following:

1. Which of these outfits do not display personal information in a WHOIS search?

2. Which has the most user-friendly web building tools?

Is there anything else I should be looking for/concerned about?

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hosted my (commercial) website with Hostpapa and doing a Whois on it just now, I can see that their is an anonymous contact system. Check this with them but I think this is the registrar's decision. Mine is Tucows, as it goes. I can't see my name or address anywhere. Fees are reasonable.

For content you can make pages up in Word or Openoffice and upload directly (they use Cpanel which is usefully easy) or you can install server-side software like CMS Made Simple which is something of a pig to install but great once its in. This gives you a proper website with decent content management. CMSMS is open source and free, which is nice.

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm assuming your planning on buying the domain. If so when you buy it (I usually buy from godaddy but might want to shop around) pay for the private registration so you info will be blocked. Of course you can do what lads do and just make up the registration info.

I like 000webhost.com for free webhosting. They have site templates you can use. You get 5 domain named email addresse or you can set up forwarding to your gmail address and do the reply as with your domain named addy. All will be free besides the cost of your domain and no ads.

You could also do a paid URL on webs and use their templates. I've only used the free stuff on webs so can't speak much about the benefits of paid.

If you don't want to pay for your URL then just use webs then go to http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en and redirect to a .tk address like I did on this site http://adoptalad.tk/ of course you will have the webs ads.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Webs is quick and easy - I'm impressed - I just ran up a quick bait site and it's lovely and fast to use.

woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Webs would be a good choice as they require proof of fraud before freezing a site. A lad whining to them about your bait would probably fall on deaf ears. Very Happy

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh that's a good thing, mine is extremely dubious.

All well intentioned of course, just very suspicious and rather unpleasant, and very likely to upset a lad (eventually).

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

woody999 wrote:
Webs would be a good choice as they require proof of fraud before freezing a site. A lad whining to them about your bait would probably fall on deaf ears. Very Happy

Very good point! It would take a lot more than a one line barely coherent email from a lad to get your baiting site shut down.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point, Woody. Unfortunately, I saw your comments just a little bit late. I already set up a .org using Weebly. I hope Weebly shares Webs attitude because I hope to piss of some lads in a big way. Very Happy

I was going to use Godaddy because of the personal info issue but, upon digging a little deeper, I found that both Weebly and Webs provide WHOIS privacy for a price ($10 and $13, respectively). The deciding factor for me was that Webs charges $18 for a "full" email address using my .org domain. Webs offers forwarding-only addies as part of the package but to get a single addy you can use to both send and receive emails costs $18. Weebly, on the other hand, gives you 10 "full" addies. The catch is you have to set them up using Google apps. It takes a few minutes to set this up but, once established, creating more addies is a snap.

By the way, so far I'm finding the web building tools at Weebly pretty easy to use although it looks like there are some limits to what you can do with their templates.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I checked that out Raga looks pretty cool. I book marked it for future use. It's amazing to me how cheap getting a website has become.

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wish these outfits would put all their charges up front where you can see and compare with the others. I had to actually set up an account for a free web site and then click on the upgrade button to get all the details on WHOIS privacy and email addies. I also discovered (after setting up my .org Mad ) that Weebly charges $4.99 to get rid of their "Get a free web site from Weebly" link that shows up at the bottom of every page of your web site!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic