SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Welcome New Member. Please Introduce Yourself Here.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Dropped Abolok. Very Happy Go grab some cake and coffee, and enjoy it on the Invisible Ashanti Golden Stool, before grabbing a lad and baiting safely. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. Call me Ellipsis. I'm a punctuation mark that's frequently misused. Alternatively, I'm what RPG characters say when they don't have anything to say. That's about the only personally identifing information I'll post here.

I've been baiting for uh..12 years now, but I never really called it that. I stumbled over this site when looking up something somewhat unrelated. I thought I was one of the few people out there with the odd hobby of replying to scam letters and wasting scammer's time. Never tried getting trophy images or the like. I just like to see how far I can push them, how much I can get by with, and how insane I can drive them before they stop responding -- then I grab another email address, and start back over.

I've just finished reading through all the articles on the main website. Now I have to go dig through my inboxes and see if there's anything worth posting.

I currently have three ongoing baits. One of my email addresses, clearly labeled SPAM@(mydomain).com, has been filling up with scam letters. That spurred me back into picking back up this somewhat peculiar hobby.

Figured I'd join here. Community seems nice enough. Probably will also donate. I could use the resources of a premium membership, and $25 is worth it for the laughs, alone. Very Happy
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome Ellipsis

That has always been one of my favorite punctuation marks and I frequently and often mis-use it as those who receive my emails can attest to.

Perhaps since you have been baiting for 12 years and are reading this forum, you might share some of your baits and maybe have some tips for us.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's precisely why I chose this name, myself. I do intend to share some of the baits I have in progress, if nothing else, once they have finished. I'll have to remember passwords of my earlier baiting emails. I tended to use throwaway accounts a lot.

As for tips, here's a few:
If you ever get a poorly-worded email from a scammer (and who doesn't?), try to make your own response even more poorly-worded. The less legible your reply, the better. If a native speaker can understand it, it's still too legible to send. This tends to put the scammer at ease, as he'll then believe that he's smarter than you. His next message will likely be back on script, but he'll think to himself that he has a real dunce. Wink Pretend you're an important businessman who moved into the country, but you're foriegn and you don't speak English very well. Make them struggle to read your letters, and then struggle to make their letters intelligible enough to be understood by you. Read every sentence backward. Any sentence that you can't grasp the meaning of by using this method should be ignored entirely, as your foriegn persona can't understand it.

Alternatively, in the modern age, insist upon sending emails from your iPhone or other cellphone. Make sure your messages are unreadable garbage, or that autocorrect keeps getting the words wrong.
Make sure to attach "Sent from my (cellphone)" to the end of the message.

Talk about how busy you are at work. Read maybe three sentences of their email at most, and pretend that it was the entire email. On second thought, three sentences is too long. Read three words of it, then reply. Confuse even the most basic of concepts. "Moneygram? Western Union? You didn't say anything about that. I thought you wanted me to mail it to you; I've already sent the money to your address. Post office said it'll be there in 6 weeks." The next day, send a message asking if it's arrived, yet. Do this every day. "Not fast enough? Well, do you have a bank account I could wire the money to?" (Of course, when they give you the bank account, go ahead and report it to the appropriate authorities; then say the bank account isn't working.) Show your dedication to the "deal" by frequently asking for updates.

Another fun thing to confuse is time zones, if you know what country your lad is in. Mask your number, then call him up in the middle of night when he's sleeping. Better yet, have a friend that lives in the area do it, so you won't get international call charges. I once called a lad (using a friend as a proxy) at 4 in the morning (his time). Waited for him to answer and said "Hi. I wanted to talk about our deal. This is...wait, were you sleeping? You sound tired. Didn't mean to wake you. Sorry, didn't realize it was so early. I'll let you get back to bed; call you later!" Didn't give him a chance to speak, and now you know he isn't going to go to sleep for that night. Also, note that I didn't reveal who I was; it could be any one of his "victims" calling him.

If you want to arrange a "meeting", do so at an ambiguous place. For example, there are three Starbucks in my city. So, I'd arrange a meeting at his local equivalent of Starbucks. (or, rather, make him drive out of his way to meet at another city's equivalent of a local Starbucks) A few hours later, say that you've been waiting for three hours at the (other) Starbucks before you decided to leave, and demand to know why he didn't show. Demand that he apologize for not showing up. Make sure that you mail and accuse him first. When he tries to arrange a meeting again, tell him to go to the other Starbucks. Then, head to the one he was waiting in.
Say you misunderstood him. No, wait, you don't make mistakes. It was him that misunderstood you. Make him apologize again. Only this time, being a second apology, his apology must be a traditional one, in accordance with your culture. (See also, pretend to be a foriegner). Naturally, your culture's version of apology could be anything from baking and bringing a cake to the next meeting to some elaborate ritual or letter. Threaten to end the deal if he refuses to do such a simple apology when your ancestors and their ancestors have been apologizing this way for eons, and for much less severe offenses. Tell him that, in your culture, missing an appointment is the most severe, most offending thing someone could do to a person.

I've picked up a few other tricks/tips, but a few of them are duplicates from what others have already figured out. I also have one that I'm not sharing, as you'll see it in action soon enough, and I don't want to tip off my little pet.
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ If you don't want things seen by lads, best to put them in behind a login like at http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater ...

And thanks for the tips. Although most of us do those tricks/tips already, it may help out new folks who join and see this thread.

I'd be interested in your top secret one that you don't want to share. As Morgain said--put it behind the Hints and Tips thread and we'd love to see it.

Again--welcome to Eater, and 12 years is a long time. I'm sure you have stories to share Smile

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome ellipsis! Either you post some of your adventures behind the log-in subforum, or I need to pay for a cinema ticket this weekend instead of donating the money to the Eater. Wink

Midzier
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, new here after finding it during an adventure with a scammer on gumtree (didn't work, but only because I was paranoid after already being scammed).
Can't wait to give it all back to them and more!
x
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Midzier!
A little paranoia never hurts - we have a member who always wears a tinfoil hat. Wink
You will be one of those few newbies who appreciate our advice to "bait safe" = use an email address that hides your IP.
To increase your paranoia and heighten the fun, read the stickies, and when you are ready to go, apply for a mentor.

jadey101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i am looking for help...... my brother in law has recently come into contact with a woman who was supposedly in a refugee camp in africa... she said that she would send him a cheque for 250,000 euros for helping to try and get her out... however the catch was that he had to pay £3,000 to recive the cheque. he has now sent the money and coincedently there is a problem, DHL are not insured to carry that amount of money at any one time. this womans name is 'DIANA ZIKAH', she has also claimed to be inheriting £4 million pounds from her late father... he has had many complications with trying to recieve this money. furthermore she has claimed that a priest has been keeping hold of the cheque, this was clearly to gain in trust, as you all know a priest is meant to be someone you can have faith in and TRUST. i am trying to search for this woman however i dont know what internet dating site she is on. if ANYONE has heard of this type of scam before please please try to post me on this page, it would be greatfully appriciated,
Many thanks
JM
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi jadey101!
Welcome to Eater.
Please head over to our sister site http://www.scamwarners.com where they can help you better.

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
jadey101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wow.... judging by what you just wrote im actually genuinly quiet suprised you know how to generate a computer, what an idiot
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that was uncalled for. What did Fartina say that would make you call her an idiot?

She simply recommended you go to scamwarners.com for assistance.

jadey101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="dwatina"]I think that was uncalled for. What did Fartina say that would make you call her an idiot?

She simply recommended you go to scamwarners.com for assistance.[/quote]

sorry about that i think there was a spam message below it my apologies x
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^no problem. There's no spam messages here. Fartina was just saying that you should go to scamwarners.com for assistance as your brother-in-law has come in contact with this person 'DIANA ZIKAH.' Has he given her his real life information? If so, you need to tell him to stop all contact immediately.

Scamwarners.com can help if he has given her real-life details.

Welcome to Eater, and if you want to learn more about scams, you came to the right place. I'd suggest that since this is a welcome area, that you start a new thread in Helps and Hints and you can get some feedback and advice.

jadey101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before? What is the meaning TW@T?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655
please if you want your funds just pay me,!! pay me!! pay me!!

This is what i read below the first reply.... this is why i said what an idiot, like i said my apologies
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jadey101--I can see your confusion. What you saw was her "signature" line. If you look at the very last two lines of my signature you will see a few sentences. It's just a quote of what a scammer/lad replied with. It's sort of like our favorite saying we got from a lad.

And I'm sure the apology is accepted. It was just a misunderstanding.

Anything you read below the

is a signature area.

jadey101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oooohhhhhh lol i understand now so sorry thanks for the advice i have now posted my report on the website i was advised to go on thanks x
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^things are cool, Jadey101. I think scamwarners.com can help your brother-in-law.

And by all means, please stick around at Eater and stay a member. Look around, read the stickies, and sign up for a mentor.

We're a pretty nice bunch of folks.

jadey101
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks honey mostly appriciated x
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're welcome.

lacyblackshoes
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My name is Lacyblackshoes and I'm very new to the site. The reason I joined is because I'm just sick and tired of seeing those scam emails hittin' my inbox every day for years. I think it's time to get my own back on these guys. But, I'm going to have a look around the site for a bit, see how people dealt with these guys and bait these guys thoughtfully and carefully. Any advice yould be greatly appreciated and I'm looking forward to gaining experience in this field.
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, lacyblackshoes! There is a lot of stuff to read, but take your time. There are stickies in various forums, and you definitely want to check out eater university. And be sure to sign up for a mentor:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

And remember to bait safely (i.e., anonymous email account only used for baiting, with no real-life detals). Many folks use Gmail.

We're a friendly bunch here, and be sure to ask questions.

lacyblackshoes
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks dwatina. Really appreciate that. Will do a bit of research and will sign up for a mentor soon.
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^You are very welcome. And welcome to Eater again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic