SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question Re: Beggar Lads

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chugg
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read early on that we don't bait beggars, for the obvious reasons. They're not scammers.

But... is a fake charity (like an orphanage asking for any amount of money) still a beggar? They're not offering any box full of money or dead guy's estate, just begging for cash to help the poor mother less babies. No reward is offered, save for the warm feeling a donor will get.

Out in reality, that's still a scam. Do the same rules apply here?
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's an interesting question. The whole Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami lad thread is based on baiting fake charities, so in my opinion they're fair game, but I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. Perhaps the difference lies in the fact that a beggar is simply saying that he is poor and would like you to give him money, while a fake charity is pretending to be an organization providing money to others in need? At least that's where I would draw the line, at an obvious lie vs a possible embellishment intended to evoke pity.

Safari Bibian: Lagos-Accra "Don't make me suffer for being good to help you."

Mortar Golden Pig x30 Closed lad accounts x2,196

"stupid old useless woman." - Esther
"I said don't ever ask my office to draw any bused-shit for you" - Ban Ki-Moon
"you are quite elderly fraud star" - Ali

Support 419Eater! Visit ScamWarners!
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In many ways these are nastier scams than your standard NOK scams - those scams appeal to the greed of the victim, a fake charity appeals to better instincts and effectively takes money away from real charities and the people they support.

Definitely baitable IMHO

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. Charity scammers are a nasty piece of work. If they use a legit web page in their format you can "send" his money there instead. That way he can't blame you for not sending it as he knows the real charity probably got the money. And since he "is" from the real charity he can't blow his cover. So he will say that they use WU now and you should send the money there instead.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They are not strictly 419ers, but obtain money by impersonating a charitable organisation.
They may form part of larger gangs' activities.
In any case, it feels soooooo good.
I downed my mid-morning Zubrowka in honour of the latest account a charity lad burped up this morning Twisted Evil
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's illegal to falsely solicit charitable donations so they are fair game to bait. Besides being illegal, tricking someone into giving you money by making them believe it's for charity is a very old scam.

For those who require an explanation about the difference between outright begging and begging for charity here it goes. When a lad begs for money for HIMSELF for what ever reason, either truth or lie, the person giving the money knows it is going directly into the beggar's pocket. However, when someone asks or begs for money for charity, the person giving the money intends for it to go to the said charity and NOT into the solicitor's pocket.

I state the above as a matter of fact only, not to spark a debate about beggar's who lie about what they say they need the money for. Yes, I am aware when a beggar begs for money for school books, the person giving the money might intend for it to be used to buy school books but he or she has still chose to give money directly to a beggar knowing full well he or she will have no proof what the money was used for.

Charitable organizations are real and legitimate enterprises. When someone donates to charity, it is a given that the donation is for charity. When the donation doesn't go to charity but into a person's pocket for personal gain then it becomes a scam. This is especially the case when the charity doesn't exist or a person falsely represents a legitimate charity.

This is just a friendly mod reminder. It is NOT directed at anyone specifically. Please don't bring up that outright begging is illegal in some locations or begging lads are lying about what they need the money for so they should fall into the same category as charity lads. Also, please don't bring up that some registered and legitimate charities use parts of the donations to enrich the organization

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card

Last edited by Ghost on Sat May 28, 2011 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
just begging for cash to help the poor mother less babies

My favorites are the ones asking for donations to help "barren women". Are they planning to use my donation to get them artificial insemination?

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That raises an interesting possibility for a bait. An "alternative donation" if you will. Wink

Safari Bibian: Lagos-Accra "Don't make me suffer for being good to help you."

Mortar Golden Pig x30 Closed lad accounts x2,196

"stupid old useless woman." - Esther
"I said don't ever ask my office to draw any bused-shit for you" - Ban Ki-Moon
"you are quite elderly fraud star" - Ali

Support 419Eater! Visit ScamWarners!
Laeder of the Gang
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gimli wrote:
^^^That raises an interesting possibility for a bait. An "alternative donation" if you will. Wink

HILARIOUS! Laughing

"moroons and useless thiefs! you will smell jail forever! i will show you what a woman can do" - MRS F£GAL

"Youre my chairman now" - ALF0NS 0DU£KE

“I believe that life is more precious than riches and gold you need to send the sum of $470 upon your receipt of this email this amount is to buy 3 pint of blood” - DR £DM0ND C4NARA

"please stop that stupid manner of you whitemen" - REV PAULS0N S4MUEL

"you are a mad he-goat. eat the money and save small for ur burial" - Oga of ALF0NS 0DU3KE
Chugg
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Then it's settled. Baitable a fake charity is, and baited it will be. I'll post the intro letter in Surplus, just in case anyone wants to give their leg a good pull.

Geez... I thought I was going to get slapped for asking such an SFQ.
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We *never* slap a member for asking a question - it's intelligent to ask before doing something wrong. And in most cases, there are a lot of newbies who have the same problem but do not dare ask. Very Happy

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chugg wrote:
I thought I was going to get slapped for asking such an SFQ.

Why would you think that? I hope you didn't get that impression from past posts you may have read here. We don't flame here. Besides, your question was not a SFQ. As long as a question is asked in earnest, it isn't stupid.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
luckey

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers

That's why you should always give your answers in the form of a question.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic