SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Somewhat creepy

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the ways I get my piggies is through ASEMs where I state that I have just made a large donation to the lad's charity and am ready to make the next one as soon as they provide me with the new bank account they promised. It doesn't get me lots of piggies, but I do get some responses. Most of those responses try to convince me to use WU and I generally talk them into accounts. One reply I just got, however, was slightly more ominous.

Quote:
We are coming to your house to collact the donation.

It also included "directions" to my house, which were in fact the coordinates of a donair shop halfway across the city. I'm not at all concerned about this (if I was, I would be using the gmail site to strip my IP, rather than running gmail through Thunderbird), but it's a little bit creepy nonetheless. I don't think that I'll be communicating with him any more. And I suppose this is a lesson that on occasion lads do check IPs (which is why I hide mine when I truly care about it, like when I'm pretending to be somewhere I'm not).

Safari Bibian: Lagos-Accra "Don't make me suffer for being good to help you."

Mortar Golden Pig x30 Closed lad accounts x2,196

"stupid old useless woman." - Esther
"I said don't ever ask my office to draw any bused-shit for you" - Ban Ki-Moon
"you are quite elderly fraud star" - Ali

Support 419Eater! Visit ScamWarners!
HarmlessBunny
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I won't lie, I would be a little disturbed and terrified after getting a response like that.

Sand Timer ( Hit-Lad Ali Moses aka Gomerboy Kelvin)
Tattoo x 1 (Gomerboy tat), Tattoo x 1 (cooperation with Entomologist)

Dont you thing that you are a badstard or you are using goat brain? FULLblack goat. - Salif Ibrahim

MONKEY DEY WORK BABOO DEY CHOP IF YOU LIKE CHOP EM BUT GOD WILL GET YOU ONE DAY... - Kelvin, former hitman turned Gomerboy
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I likely would be as well if the coordinates he'd given me were anywhere close to my house. The fact that they were halfway across a city of a quarter million people makes me not care terribly much. That he knows what city I live in is fine by me.

Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookmarked to throw at newbies to teach them to bait safely.

Tell him you bought a new doormat just for him.

buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That really is creepy, it’s nothing to worry about but it’s just creepy. The more effective baiter you are the more safety is important.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He probably analysed your emails on this website:

http://www.ip-adress.com/trace_email/

This gives you a city (usually the right one), and points to some arbitrary street in the middle of it. The street it points to usually has nothing to do with the actual IP, and I think it's just the geographic centre.

If he does actually go there, I doubt he's going to get very far...

u got 12 hours to send the money remember no game u fuck face

If you like you can send $1 Billion to any person. But I want to tell you that I did not get even $1 from you.

Closed lad accounts x2
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The IP tracker i use is also very accurate nowadays. I also live in a not so big village, so i keep lads unaware of my location. I also make sure none of my friends and family know about my baiting. I know that there are lads living in this country, maybe even in my village. It only takes one chatty friend and one lad to make an end to my baiting career. I've caused too much lad pain during the years. No, i'm not paranoid, but i know the lads.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure it would be legal for an IP to give out an exact location (if this was even possible). As far as I can guess it just points towards the estimated location of the node at your ISP that has reserved that IP.

At least in my country, you have to have a stack of paper work to access ANY personal information, at one time I had suspect behavior on my account and I asked for a list of websites visited at a specific time...I needed to file an application in a court, yup even on my own account.

*edit Also with cellphones, I kept getting a blocked number phoning me every day at 13:00 for about two weeks, I laid a complaint and wanted to know who it was...yup, file an application at court. So eventually I just let off an air horn on them.

I had a thread about them sending me a tracking image, so yes there def' are some wise one's out there. I also dropped them like a hot potato, it also gave me the heebie jeebies.

*edit 2

I drop them as soon as my IP is an issue, as my IP (atleast on IPtracker) points to a house (not mine, but I don't see why I need to give a criminal a reason to visit someone's house).

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad would need a court order to get your IP if you use a non permanent one like the one in your home which changes once in a while. If you however use a computer at your school the IP would be permanent and traceable to you and your log in.

But in Gimlis case the lad probably only wanted to scare him. Not likely that a lad would go through trouble just for an ASEM even if he had friends in Middle Earth close to you. But it does show that there is a reason to why we use mail providers that strip the IP.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I agree, the lad only wanted to spook me. He has no reason to have anyone go after me even if I gave him my address. Now if lads who have lost a bunch of accounts to me knew where I live I might be somewhat concerned, but not with this guy. In the end, creepy but harmless.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is nothing wrong with using addys that don't remove your IP. You are probably right about the lad trying to scare you but I don't see why he would waste his time when he's not going anywhere. Not that's is not uncommon for a lad to make an empty threat or promise. The reason could be less ominous than it appears. He may be just trying to gauge your reaction. If you were "serious" you would tell him he has the wrong directions and provide him with the correct directions or tell him you prefer he not come to your house. If this was the case all the lad is doing is setting you up for WU to be the only option. The lad could also be setting the situation up so at the last minute he will be unable to travel to your home and again, WU is the only option.

Lads only care about money. Beating up a baiter won't get him anything but jail time.

Dr Mike wrote:
The lad would need a court order to get your IP if you use a non permanent one like the one in your home which changes once in a while. .

Not only that but he would have to show cause. He would also have to identify himself which lads won't do. A lad getting a court order will never happen. Contrary to what lads say, you cannot get a court order by merely paying a fee. However to get a court order there would be legal expenses and we all know lads don't part with their hard "earned" cash except on wine, women and song so to speak. A lad certainly wouldn't spend money on something that he won't get.

In short, his Email is only creepy if you believe he is not completely full of shit, which he is. Everything else he has told you has been a lie. Why would he start telling the truth now?

I'd tell him to let you know when he is going to arrive so you can bake a cake.

Dr Mike wrote:
Not likely that a lad would go through trouble just for an ASEM even if he had friends in Middle Earth close to you. But it does show that there is a reason to why we use mail providers that strip the IP.

Friends in middle earth to do what exactly? Wonder around a city of a quarter a million asking everyone they see if their name is Justin Case (or whatever Gimli character's name is). After about a year of doing this they just might run into to Gimli but I am sure when Gimli is asked if his name is Justin Case he will answer no.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card

Last edited by Ghost on Sun May 15, 2011 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I know he's full of shit, the creepiness factor was more that I was expecting a plea for Western Union, not an attached Google map of my city Laughing . Perhaps I should tell him that he can pick up the cheque when he comes to the big donor/charity ball I will be throwing.

Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He might also want to give you a poke and see if you gets scared and ask the lad how he knows about your address. He may then plan to move on to something like hit lad script and threaten you when he thinks he have your right address.
You could write something like: "How do you know my address. I do not want you to come here scammer". This may give you a hitlad format in reply. Then again, you might not be interested in baiting him at all.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've told him that I didn't realize that he would be coming to Canada, but since he is, he is welcome to pick up the cheque in person, and asked when to expect him.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If often wondered how a lad asks other lad to take out a baiter. Something like this I imagine.

Hey fellow lad. I was trying to scam someone with a charity format but it turns out he has an unserious mind and is a time waster so I need you to take him out. His IP resolves in Brea, California. I know you are currently in Houston, Texas. I checked a map and Texas isn't that far from California. Probably about a 20 minute cab ride. So travel to Brea and take out everyone named Justin Case.

I know you will be caught and spend the rest of your life in prison but I am sure you won't mind giving up your relatively comfortable life in the West to do me this small favor.

One love.

Laughing

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost is, of course, absolutely correct.
Unless you're baiting from a private server, there's nothing that a lad can do to track you down directly to your home address.
Looks like this is just a case where the lad is a little bit more switched on than most and knows how to use an IP tracker.
No big deal.

Mind you, I say "No big deal" but I can afford to laugh it off as it's not me who he's going to hunt down and murder.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, someone taught the dumbass about IPs. Big deal, as Ghost and SOOI say, there is no way he will find you. He's just setting you up for a WU.
His email in no way sounded like a threat to me. I would take up his challenge. Maybe you can de-educate him on what he has picked up about IPs, and how notoriously unreliable they are, if the subject comes up.
If he eventually insists on coming over to your house in the end, just arrange the time during your regularly scheduled gun club meeting. And first he must sign a waiver, absolving you and your friends of any responsibility for injury due to ricocheted bullets. He must also not pet your cat, or harass your squirrels. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gimli wrote:
Perhaps I should tell him that he can pick up the cheque when he comes to the big donor/charity ball I will be throwing.

Oh heck yes!! And your board of directors and barrister will be very excited to meet him at the mansion you rented in Miami for your charity ball!

He'll need to show his plane ticket at the door of course. Twisted Evil

No worries, Gimli. If you wanna share this would-be hitlad, send me a PM. I loves me some hitlads. Very Happy

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

May I have a go at him, too? I just discovered my connections to the Russian mafia.

Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately he appears to have just been blustering, I've received no further e-mails from him since I told him he was welcome to visit. If he turns out to be an aspiring hitlad I'll gladly share.

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably just a scare tactic. They'll try different angles until one fits. Tell him his tracking data is wrong, that it is the site of a local TelCo exchange (it probably is).

Please list any IP trackers that you consider to be especially accurate: All theones I've tried don't resolve my own location to any better than about 30 miles away. This effectively mens there's a 30 mile radius of error, which puts me somewhere within about 2700 squre miles of the British Midlands. That's a lot of doors to knock on and make accusations of unseriousness at. I'd be interested to find one that works well enough to find myself, so then I can use it for my own purposes.

I've mentioned this before, but if you put a clockwork timer switch on your router's power brick and turn it of for a bit in the small hours ( or around 9-10AM if you like to sleep in) then it will release your IP address and reassign it on power-up, changing it every day and further clouding the waters.

bigdaddy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Id love to have a crack at this dude if you dont mind. Send me a PM if its cool.

Madam F**k you with your game ok and dont write to my email or l will track you down with FBI you play with me .

You are nothing but an idiot , You must die by motor accident by fooling with a man that is old enough to be your father .
soon you will writing from your grave .
IDIOT (Barrister after I closed his bank account)

Safari Ch4nt4l Posse-Accra, Ghana > Cotonou, Benin (Co-Bait with GnarlySpoof+psychicbait)
Closed lad accounts x 11 Easter Egg 2011

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine changes on its own, I dunno if you have to specifically asked for a dynamic IP.

Evne here the MPPA phone my friends ISP and said xxxIP was downloading our movie, beat his ass, the ISP had the record of him using that IP but not at the time or traffic they said, so they had to still give him a warning...but no court order, even the MPPA can't get personal shit.

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic