SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Eurovision song contest 2011

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why am I watching this? What a load of crap!!!

Feel free to leave your comments Very Happy !

Fight My Brute

Last edited by wokabo on Sun May 15, 2011 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did review of each of the songs and I must say that there wasn't as many good songs this year.

Hungary is probably my best bet on who is going to win but you never know. Armenia's entry was absolutely horrible and I laughed so hard at it. Laughing

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
Asena
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am saving my ears until the Main event on Saturday Very Happy

May the UK do better than last year (!) and may Graham Norton be on form!

Goat Golden Goat Closed lad accounts x 40 Easter Egg 2011 x 249
Cellphone x 2
Cellphone webstore x 1

Click here to JITSAMA - acronym invented by Tsnerd
Flying Monkey
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel blessed to not know what this is all about...

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^

No you definately don't want to know, it's bloody awful.

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It can´t beat last year anyway Very Happy (or rather, ahrdly)

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Orange Rose3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems to be the same each year...

A lot of hope, longing, disappointment, very loud, reality the way it goes, frustration and a few happy ones...

Could be interesting to see how it goes with last years winner if they dont win again... Cool

"i need money so bad sugar, can you help me out my son must not die please help me"

"oooooh my life is down, you are heartless and wicked..i wish i never meet you" (Ex-fiancé)
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I sincerely hope that the Dutch contribution doesn't get past the semi-finals.

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like any heterosexual European below 55 years, I utterly hate this shit. Eurovision Song Contest is the work of the devil! It's not even pop music - it's much, much worse.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its so awful, I actually enjoy it - we usually have a drunken Eurovision party, complete with sweepstake. But then we did treat the Royal wedding as an elaborate drinking game.

The only year I actually rang in and voted was for Lordy, the Finnish rock monsters - and it won! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KFEtySs-nM

May the maddest entry win. Smile

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my favourite Eurovision moments was when the Belgians sent a song which made no sense whatsoever as the words were in a made up language which didn't mean anything.

It came second Laughing

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a distinct memory of posting in this thread. Either i was under some kind of influence and i failed somewhere in the process or it got removed. I'm guessing the first option is the correct one.

What i said was that i usually disagree with most Europeans as the songs i like are the one that end up last in the contest. But i did like Lordi when they won.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think there is a great incentive from national TV companies NOT to win the contest as it means the winning country has to pay for, organise and host the following years contest.

There was one episode of the TV comedy Father Ted ( 'A Song For Europe') devoted to this issue Very Happy

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ireland won 3 years running, or something... it nearlybankrupted RTE!

Oh it's a bit of nonsense, and originally so well-intentioned to have a pan-European event in war-wracked 50's Europe to try to bring us together and see each others cultures and similarities through the medium of a friendly singing competition. That said, it is still painful to watch, and 'Europe' seems to cover North Africa and the Middle East too... but the original intent was a peaceful one!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tend to keep an eye on this from way over herein the US.

BUt again our TV is full of these kind of shows now..

American Idol, X Factor, America's Got Talent, The Voice, The Next Big Country Star(something like that), Then about 4 more shows on people dancing, Just crazy..

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tonight Belgium in the 2nd semi-finals - please don't watch. Embarrassing as it is, I can blame it on the people on the other side of the language border (yes, we do have one like that in B).

Fight My Brute
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
and 'Europe' seems to cover North Africa and the Middle East too... but the original intent was a peaceful one!

That's because the event was concieved and run by the "European Broadcasting Union" which covers over 50 countries (including most of North Africa and the countries like Lebanon and Egypt (who never send an entry because, I guess, Israel takes part))

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know of the show and glad it's not broadcast here. Not that I have any way to watch network TV in the first place.

I'd rather hit one of our local bars (pubs) and listen to drunken karaoke than sit in front of any Eurovision singing.

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ They were talking about the EBU on the radio today. Apparently Australian TV is a member. So technically they could enter the EuroVision song contest too, if only they could guarantee the whole country would stay up all night and vote at the same time as the other contestants. Confused I bet they'd win the bloody thing too. Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bart Fargo wrote:
I'd rather hit one of our local bars (pubs) and listen to drunken karaoke than sit in front of any Eurovision singing.

After years of experience, I would rather hear any song, recorded in a studio, by a professional musician, than drunken karaoke. Watching a man murder 'My Way', while slowly sliding down the wall he is leaning his back on, kills a little bit of your soul.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^No, there are much worse songs than that of Eurovision and The US is known for it. Good music in the US stopped after 2004 (maybe even before that) and you will hear extremely awful music that we produce that becomes popular everywhere.

Examples:
Ke$ha- She has no real singing talent and uses autotune to make up for. Trust me Roy, she'll make your brains explode.
The vast majority of "Country" music (A genre that Americans made up and no offense if you like "Country".)
Paris Hilton attempting to sing.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking of Autotune about 70% of the acts on the second semi final could have done with a good dose of it cranked up to 11, including that Swedish guy who managed to go through.

And Belgium.... what were you thinking when you chose that band and that song!!!

TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

windypops wrote:
^^ Apparently Australian TV is a member. So technically they could enter the EuroVision song contest too, if only they could guarantee the whole country would stay up all night and vote at the same time as the other contestants. Confused I bet they'd win the bloody thing too. Laughing

Well, Oz is only an associate member, and not a full member. Also, elegibility for the contest is not only defined by membership by EBU, but as "active members of the EBU whose state falls within the European Broadcasting Area" (quoted from Wiki). And the European Broadcasting Area is further (and not quite logical) defined by the International Telecommunication Union as:

Quote:
The "European Broadcasting Area" is bounded on the west by the western boundary of Region 1 (see below), on the east by the meridian 40° East of Greenwich and on the south by the parallel 30° North so as to include the western part of the USSR, the northern part of Saudi Arabia and that part of those countries bordering the Mediterranean within these limits. In addition, Iraq, Jordan and that part of the territory of Turkey lying outside the above limits are included in the European Broadcasting Area.

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Good music in the US stopped after 2004

IMHO it stopped around 1980, and whenever Ive been in the US the music in bars and restaurants seems to always be older than that.

Anyway, after the semi finals, you haver to put up with Jedward. We Brits have been stuck with them for a while, now its your turn.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Topic title updated.

I didn't watch the show - more interesting things to do (clipping my toe nails and such).

Did anyone win?

Fight My Brute
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic