SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I need to know more about thailand!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^A voice of reason!

Dr. Zee, the only true way to spot a scammer is when they ask for money after a very (by relationship standards) short time. Mind you they can work their magic and play your heart strings, but never ever send money overseas unless it is a personaaly known and verified blood relative. Even soem relatives can be used as scam devices (search thread about unrelated "relative in trouble scam".

Best bet, stick to local women. To avoid international romance scams, don't hook up with women not in your area. Scammers will pose as from your area but will eventually tell you they are in a different country.

One more caviat, you can't trust locals to not scam you as well. Really, use common sense. If things seem shady...

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I spent a year in Thailand as a guest of the US Air Force. It's a diverse country but everything goes through Bangkok. In my opinion, Thailand's reputation for lax attitudes toward sex is undeserved. If anything, they are just unabashed about Bangkok being a magnet for sex tourists. Thailand is a conservative Buddhist society, especially in the countryside where attitudes toward sex are almost Victorian.

If the lady (I assume it is a lady who is not a scammer) you connected with is in Bangkok she is very likely to have come from the countryside -- probably from the Northeast, Thailand's version of Appalachia. Like the poor girl in the movies who marries the banker's son, the family back home expect financial benefits from their daughter's good fortune.

I had several friends who married Thai women. The marriages that succeeded were those where the husband made the effort to learn the Thai language.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of what we would think of as 'scams' in Thailand happen when you are in the country. You don't have any significant number of Thai ladies asking for money before you meet in person.
You will run into West Africans online pretending to be Thai ladies.
See her on cam....before you get too involved.
Just like the Philippines, you're better off getting involved with one who has an actual job.....9-5....self-supporting, etc.
Many thai girls from the rural provinces do end up in bar work, or prostitution, at least for a while.
Many 'real' thai ladies, particularily 30-ish and above, are more interested in a Farang (western man) who is willing to marry them, support them, and actually live in Thailand, even if it is only part of the year. You'll often see that on the dating site profile.
'I own house. You come live here. I take good care you.'

If the girl is from one of the rural northeastern provinces, you may be asked to pay 'sin sod', a traditional dowry type of thing, not really in practice universally in Thailand, but conveniently resurrected for Farang grooms, particularily when the family is kind of poor.
The exact amount is determined by how young and 'untouched' the girl is....how much education the family paid for, etc.
You're reimbursing the parents for the costs of raising this gem....'sin sod' means some like '(Mothers) milk money'.

The abuse or scam can happen over the amount and conditions of 'sin sod', which may reach tens of thousands of dollars.
You may also be expected to support the parents with additional monthly payments....BEYOND the sin sod.

It's not uncommon for 'a friend' to be writing emails for a girl, when the girl doesn't speak much or any english.
I haven't quite determined if there are some fraudulent 'marriage brokers' in Thailand like there are in China, but I was in touch with one thai 'translator' who said part of her income was translating during visits from farang to local girls they met on the 'net.

There are some nice Thai girls on the dating sites. They have jobs, they do want a better or different life. They probably won't ask for money.

One thing you need to realize if you are not familar with southeast asian countries, children are the retirement plan for the parents.
The child is expected to support the parents financially in old age.

THIS in itself is not a scam. If the lady you are interested in is currently contributing financially to the support of the parents, you will be expected to continue it. You may never know how much she's actually giving, but you can guess if she's giving a modest amount, (By our standards) a Farang will be expected to supply a much higher amount.
There is some abuse...but you more or less have to agree to it.

Research the exact city or area she's in. Find out average incomes, etc, the cost of living. You may be surprised.

You can't wander into this blindly, unless you want to end up paying $20,000 sin sod for an ex-bargirl, build a new house for her parents, (strangely in her name) and pay for english lessons for the family Kwai
(water buffalo).

Wink

Is she saying she's willing to stay in the hotel room with you as soon as you arrive? We all want to think we are overpoweringly irresistable, but chances are she has done the same with at least one other farang who came courting.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Steeve
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

irishemigrant wrote:
The Thai *ladies* you meet on the internet, while mostly gorgeous, are after money.

Phillipinos are similar.

As soon as they ask for money you will know they are not exactly scammers, but not 100% risky free either.

Have fun, don't send money

I won't ask you where you got all this innfo about girls Smile

Last edited by Steeve on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread has evolved into the weirdest weirdness I have read in a while. Will you guys stop talking about Thailand if I told you the OP left one minute after making the post and hasn't returned?

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

I kinda wish they had explained more Sad I'm curious now

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost: Maybe you should lock this thread and have the OP PM a mod to get it unlocked. Just a suggestion until he comes back.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dr Zee's Thai Ladies? Maybe a new moniker for this thread?

Could be he is/was a victim. Some do get offended when the bitter truth is presented to them. Especially with romances. I hope we did not scare/insult him away.

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll remind him about this thread and get an update on things.

BTW, there is only one Lady.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tip koko, I know where the lock button is Laughing

The thread doesn't need to be locked, it was just getting a little weird. You do know Thailand is a whole country with lot and lots of people? Everyone who posted should know the country doesn't define whether a person is a scammer or not. So for that reason the advice being given is not sound. It's also kind of weird and edging on generalizing. Well, not so much as edging on generalizing as it is spoon feeding it.

Hey, I met this girl who was born in Hollywood. Will she make a good wife? Come on now, people.

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

More like Hollyweird! Again, stick to local girls...Laughing

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well in Hollyweird, just cause they are dressed like a girl doesn't make them a girl. Need to take them home and do the feel up exam. Then go from there depending on:

1. Your orientation
2. How desperate you are
3. How much you have had to drink
4. All or some of the above

Note: Bart Fargo always avoided anyone living in Hollywood and surrounding communities.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Third person and past-tense, not a good sign...

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Actual truth

Growing up not far from Hollyweird, you learn about the place at a young age. And going there years later and encountering the "locals" you know you want to stay at least 10ft (a little over 3 meters) away from any of them. Any disease they carry covers them like a shroud.

Even if I wanted any physical contact with them, I would have been denied since I was from Ventura Co.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Weirdness.

Oh well, nothing I haven't seen before.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll bet this has never crossed your path...and it's OP related!

MAY BE NSFW IN SOME AREAS

http://www.vincegolangco.com/featured/thailand-breast-slap-natural-breast-enhancement-techniques/

***The article under the video is the meat of the story.

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm odd the google ad above the thread is for a Philipino dating site.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\ Google ads are sneaky, and know what you've been reading about online.

Maybe the Op hasn't been online since his post because he has gone to meet his Thai lady.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, Dr Zee hasn't travelled. I don't know why he hasn't posted; I did remind him as I said.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic