SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First bait - Nigerian lad in South Africa - complete

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
muscadecipio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I unfortunately did not keep the original mail sent to me but it was along the lines “You have won the Lottery”. I first visited the 419eater forum and then opened a gmail account to bait my lad.

The players:

CM - Xhosa (Bantu ethnic group in South Africa) gentleman of means.

Dr Richard(s)(son) - Confused Nigerian lad in Johannesburg trying to be an European from the UK.

All spelling mistakes in his mails are his own, those in CMs mails were deliberate. CM can't help that apartheid kept him getting past grade 7 Very Happy

Quote:
from <cut>
to [email protected]
date Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM
subject re: Congratulations you have won, winning No: 24/2/6/37/15/45

Mr More

Many thanks for your mail, hope this finds you well.

My name is Mr. CM, I am a 35 year old male and I live in Cape Town in South Africa. I am very interested to hear how I may receive my prize.

Waiting to hear from you.

Mr CM

I got my reply almost immediately, with my signature from my mail cut and pasted in it.

Quote:
from anthony Richards <[email protected]>
to <cut>
date Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM
subject TRANSFER ADVISE

Barclays Bank United Kingdom
Telephone: + 44 151 324 0553

Attention: Mr CM

Please be informed that we have received instructions from the Lottery Claims Department to proceed with your fund transfer as one of the lucky winners of the Recently concluded UK National Lottery Draw.

Please view attched file and complete it and send backto us for processing and onward remittance via Telegraphic Transfer to your nominated bank details.

If you need futher details, please do contact the undersigned on the above Telephone Numbers.

Regards,

Dr Anthony Richards

The attachment was standard form for name, address etc. I picked a large data file (5Mb) and stripped its properties and renamed it in the command prompt in WinXP. I then returned my completed “form” . The lad did not even blink, just sent the next letter in the script.

Quote:
to <cut>
date Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM
subject TRANSFER ADVISE

Telephone: + 44 151 324 0553
Fax: +44 844 774 9505

Attention: CM

Reference to your fund transfer. Please view attached files and contact us for any Questions.

Regards,

Dr Anthony Richards
Barclays

Throughout the bait the lad kept sending from 2 address [email protected] and [email protected]. CM started to get whiny. He did not like receiving mail from two addresses and the attachment was not coming through.

Quote:
from <cut>
to anthony Richards <[email protected]>
date Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM
subject Re: TRANSFER ADVISE
mailed-by gmail.com

Dr Richards

I am being a little confused. I am receiving from you two mails from different addresses that are the same. Also you mention in your mail an attached file, but I am not recieving an attached file on neither of the 2 mails.

Could you maybe send these attached file again, but only from one mail please, to avoid confusion?

Mr. CM

The obliging Dr Richards sent the attachment again. Unfortunately he did not sort out the little problem of the double emails and CM's head was hurting.

Quote:
From <cut>
to anthony Richards <[email protected]>,[email protected]
date Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM
subject Re: Open your Attachment
mailed-by gmail.com

Dr Richards

Sorry, I am being confused again. Which of the two mail adress do I sent this form to once completed.

CM

Obviously the lad was getting a headache as well and the script was abandoned. His reply was a single word.

Quote:
from Barclays Bank <[email protected]>
to <cut>
date Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM
subject RE: Open your Attachment
mailed-by live.co.uk

anyone

Since CM was testing the lads breaking strain he developed further problems with the attachments. I mangled the attachment with a photo app, took a screenshot and mailed it to him.

Quote:
From <cut>
to Barclays Bank <[email protected]>
date Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 1:45 PM
subject Re: Open your Attachment
mailed-by gmail.com

Thank you for your reply, sorry to test your pateince.

I have a further problem though. When I open the attachment form I am not able to read it.

I am attaching a screen shot so that you can share my problem. Possibly you could send the form in a different type.

CM

Obviously this was too much of a test. A week later he had not replied so I tried to get him back on the hook. I thought offering him a bit of monetary incentive might help Very Happy

Quote:
from <cut>
to anthony Richards <[email protected]>
date Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM
subject Attachment
mailed-by gmail.com

Dr Richards

I have not heard from you regards the attachment opening in a strange way on my computer.

Have no worry though my friend who is my computer guy showed me that my Adobe was reversing the document.

I have eagerly studied your document, but have unfortunately been too busy with my business to give it much thought. My bar is very busy as a consequenc of South Africa doing so well in the cricket.

I see that you are requiring me to pay R627 to process my wininig.Can you please explain this to me. Where do I pay and how? I have that sum set aside.

CM

The lad was more resilient than I thought and stepped up to the plate again, anxious to correct CM's error regarding the amount of money that was required to release the fund.

Quote:
to <cut>
date Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:42 AM
subject EXPLANATION

Dear sir,

How are you today/ Your mail was received and the details noted. Please be advised that the required charges for the certificate is GBP627 (Six Hundred and Twenty Seven British Pounds Only) or its equivalent in rands 7,152. (Seven Thousand One hundred and fifty Two Rands Only). You are advised to contact your claim agent on email ([email protected]) to enable them give you informations on how to settle the required charges.

Your fund will be transfered within 24hrs upon the payment of the charges and the certificate proccessed.

Regards,

Dr Anthony Richards

I know it is naughty, but I offered him a bit of hope in the form of cashy money already set aside. A bit of confusion sown as CM never did send that mail to the “agent”.

Quote:
from <cut>
date Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:47 AM
subject Re: EXPLANATION
mailed-by gmail.com

Dr Richards

I was misunderstanding the your attachment, probably becasue of the way it got influenced by my Adobe reader doing strange things. I had read that as 627 rands. I am now in shock as 7152 rands is a great deal of money.

Can you please explain why this amount is required?

I have put aside R4000 cash from my shebeen over this last weekend in anticipation of your explanation. In South Africa it was a holiday on Monday and the long weekend meant my countrymen were very thirsty. Our soccer team, Bafana Bafana, play Egypt on Saturday and win or lost it is good for business. Happy men drink as much as sad men. I have snet a mail to your agent also, but have not yet had a response

Mr CM

That seemed to work as Dr Richards starts by chastising CM for his neglectfulness.

Quote:
to <cut>
date Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:08 PM
subject CONTACT YOUR CLAIM DEPARTMENT
mailed-by live.co.uk

hide details 5:08 PM (22 hours ago)

Dear Sir,

How are you today? It is very unfortunate that you have not make arrangements to have your fund transfered even after the fund have been approved for transfer. We have made contact to your claim department on phone regarding your email and they said that they did not receive any email from you .

Please be noted that the charges requested is to enable the claim department to process the winning certificate for you so that we can proceed with fund transfer as advised.

We advise that you contact your claim department through Mr More through email [email protected] and ask them how you will send the charges to enable them process the winning certificate for you.

Once that is done, your fund will be transfered within 24hrs and confirmation sent to you.

Regards,

Dr Anthony Richards

Barclays Bank UK

CM is not a happy man. R7000 is too much money and he is still not sure how to proceed. In typical African fashion, he wants to make a deal. He is also comes across as a bit drunk, but that was accidental. I was trying to mess the language and went to far. On re-reading it just worked as a suggestion that CM had been sampling the stock, so I left it.

Quote:
from <cut>
date Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:45 PM
subject Re: CONTACT YOUR CLAIM DEPARTMENT
mailed-by gmail.com

Mr Richard

As I explained in my foremost mail, the amount requested is a very large. Why is it so large? Maybe I can take a smaller amount of the prise and the transfer cost will be less?

How must I proceed so that I may sent the charges so that I can receive my winnings.

CM

The response was a bit unexpected. My negotiating skills must be good. Suddenly I am getting a discount! No more talk about first contacting an agent. He jumps in boots and all, he's starting to small the money. A local agent (himself) suddenly appears and he wants the cash before end of work – nogal. The sudden introduction of the banking details is about as subtle as a brick. Osuagwu is a fairly common Nigerian surname.

Quote:
to <cut>
date Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:29 PM
subject CERTIFICATE FEE
mailed-by live.co.uk

Dear sir,

Your mail was received and the details noted. Please be informed that the full amount was insured and we cannot transfer any small amount in line with the procedures. The charges for the certificate should be directed to the receiving account of the agent in your country in regards to the winning certificate processing as listed below. However we have taken exception in your case and we advise that you send the 4,000 which you have in your currency before the end of work to enable the certificate be processed and issued.

Please find below the account details as received from your claim department where the charges will be made.

BANK NAME: FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF SOUTH AFRICA
ACCOUNT NUMBER:62118241033
ACCOUNT NAME: SUNDAY I.OSUAGWU

Please do contact us as soon as you have made the payment to enable us proceed immediately. Please do also reconfirm your telephone and receiving account details to avoid misdirection of funds.

If you have any questions, Please do contact us.

Regards,

Dr Anthony Richards
Barclays Bank UK

CM did not get the mail in time to act on this generous offer, probably because of his hangover. This gave me time to confer with my mentor the vampire. Cell and bank details are made up.

Quote:
from <cut>
date Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:10 PM
subject Re: CERTIFICATE FEE
mailed-by gmail.com

Dr Richardson

Apologies but I only got your mail now. I am using my friends computer and mail to send and I only got to him now. Apologies also for mail yesterday that may have seemed a bit funny. I have been having a quiet drink when my friend came in and he got approved for a tender for the government so we had to celebrate. I appreciate the exception you are making for me and do not want to anger you.

I will go immediately to deposit the money to your agents acocunt. The closest FNB bank is a way to go but my friend wil take me in his car.

My cell number 0827790621 if your agent wants to contact me.

My bank:

ABSA bank:
XXXXXXX
Cheque account
Code 632005

Many thanks
CM

Oops, some problems are about to pop up. I waited till roughly 1 hour before the bank closes. In South Africa, workers are often paid weekly resulting in long lines as people wait to deposit money into accounts of loved ones. For some elderly parents, their children sending money is the only way they will eat over the week ahead. Directly depositing in their bank accounts is the only way to make sure they get the money. Some Saturdays mornings, if I have to go to the bank, I pass the time in these lines talking to the people and listening to their stories. Very humbling. Our lad is bound to have experienced this himself in Johannesburg.

Quote:
from <cut>
date Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:16 PM
subject Deposit
mailed-by gmail.com

Dr Richardson

I have been to the bank but they want a branch code for the account. I have had to come all the way back to here to send mail. I will wait here if you can find this detial for me quickly maybe I can go back to bank before it closes at 3:30 then maybe you can transfer my money to me before the weekend.

CM

The lad was being slack checking his mail but early Saturday morning he happily sent the following.

Quote:
to <cut>
date Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 8:16 AM
subject BRANCH CODE
mailed-by live.co.uk

Dear CM

BRANCH: CARLTON CENTRE
BRANCH CODE:250205

After you send the money e-mail me

Thanks
Dr Richards

He wants that cash for the weekend - lol. Time for CM to have (another) misadventure.

Quote:
from <cut>
date Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM
subject Deposit
mailed-by gmail.com

Dr Richards

I am apologising for not depositing the money after your great kindness.

On Saturday I was waiting for the truck from the beer company when I was robbed. I had with me the money for the beer and for your agent. Three men came into my bar and assaulted me. They took all the money and hit me with a stick so that I now have 14 stitches in my head. They knocked me till my concioussness was gone and I ended up in the hospital till this morning. I have spent the day with my boys looking for the robbers as I thought they knew I had money. We find that the cousin of my girlfriend was having lots of money on Saturday for drink so we questioned him a bit till he told us the truth. He was the one who told the tsotsies (criminals). He is a young man so we only beat him with a string a bit. My boys will find the robbers but I fear they have been drinking my money and buying women..

I am very, very sorry for all this bad news. I now very short of money as they took my money for stock and I had to borrow from my wife's father for my stock so I must pay him back first. I believe by the weekend I may again have the money for you. I apologise again deeply, please do not think less of me and cancel our agreement due to this mishap. I beg just a little patience.

CM

This kind of excuse is typical if you have ever been an employer in South Africa. Xhosa's and Zulu's favour long complicated explanations as a way of avoiding responsibility. Our lad should understand this avoidance culture very well if he has been in the country any amount of time.

Quote:
to <cut>
date Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:08 PM
subject VERY URGENT
mailed-by live.co.uk

Dear sir,

How are you today? This is to inform you that you will be required to settle the charges for the certificate before the end of this week. We have been authorized to finalize all payments as soon as immediate and we will appreciate your corporation to that regard.

Your urgent response will be much appreciated.

Regards.

Dr Anthony Richards
Barclays Bank UK

Meanwhile, CM is trying to get his money back.

Quote:
from <cut>
date Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:31 PM
subject Re: VERY URGENT
mailed-by gmail.com

Mr Richards

Many thanks for your great patience in this matter. I understand the need to complete this matter as swiftly as possible.

The miscreants that robbed me of my money were detected by my boys and we had a nice talk to them last night. The result was the recovery of R20 000. Unfortunately they had been drinking and buying women.

My boys from DRC wanted to do more than hurt my robbers but I decided a lesson be learned so we just taught them a lesson and they must pay me back.

I will have together the R4000 tomorrow again to redeem my money with many apologies for the delays. I am taking the money from what I owe my father in law so I would appreciate you to pay me as quickly.

CM

Our lad grows impatient. One aspect I love in playing a Xhosa man is these long circumlocutory explanations. I personally find the long explanations curious and interesting, especially when the inventor contradicts and cross explains. Anthropologically it may be the result of the fact that many Bantu languages are oral, and never had written equivalents. Therefore narrative is very important.

Quote:
to <cut>
date Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM
subject RE: VERY URGENT
mailed-by live.co.uk

Dear Sir,

After you send the money e-mail me

Regards.

Dr Anthony Richards
Barclays Bank UK

All the lads bank details had been sent to Alen when the were received. I was not sure if the account had been closed or not so I tried to bluff it. The subject heading was deliberate to make him hurt.

Quote:
from <cut>
date Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM
subject Completion of deposit of R4000 into FNB account
mailed-by gmail.com

Dr Richards

I wint to bank this mornig and waited for almost a hour in a line to deposit to your agents account. When I go to the teller she tells me that I have the wrong account number. I am thinking I made a mistake so I go all the way back to my house and get the print out I made of the account details then I go all the way back to the bank.

Again I have to wait 45minutes in the line at the bank. When I get to the teller again she again tells me that the number is WRONG. Then I have to wait 30minutes for a consultant who spend lots of typing on his computer and tells me the account number you give me is WRONG.

Is your agent a stupid man to be wasting my time?

Please check with that stupid man if his acocunt number is right and that he has a REAL account that exists. Or better, do you have another account number. I am distraught.

It is now again almost time for the bank to close. I am going to put the R4000 in the account of my girlfriend. She has internet banking on her account and if you give me an acocunt that actually exists then I can pay the money by internet. I should have done it like this from the start to avoid all this but she was visiting in the Eastern Cape.

CM

Our lad now goes over to threats, but I can sense I am losing him.

Quote:
to <cut>
date Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 9:11 AM
subject account is not wrong
mailed-by live.co.uk

Dear CM

which account is Wrong your Agent received money on this account today if you can send the money sorry your winning money will cancelled.

BRANCH: CARLTON CENTRE
BRANCH CODE:250205

Thanks
Dr Richards

Since this mail CM sent several mails making more excuses, apologizing, threatening and begging, but no response from the lad. (10 days now). Hope it is because he is in pain. Time to restart the bait with another character?

United Kingdom x 3 "We don't understand the reason why you cannot be able to open our bank website because most of our customer's is opening our bank website to open there online banking account by them self." - lad customer service

Closed lad accounts "which account is Wrong your Agent received money on this account today if you can send the money sorry your winning money will cancelled." - confused lad

Last edited by muscadecipio on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting - maybe I missed it, where does the lad's IP come from?
You said:
Quote:
Our lad grows impatient. One aspect I love in playing a Xhosa man is these long circumlocutory explanations. I personally find the long explanations curious and interesting, especially when the inventor contradicts and cross explains. Anthropologically it is the result of the fact that many Bantu languages are oral, and never had written equivalents. Therefore narrative is very important. Remember the English started the same way and evolved as it became a written language.

Fascinating insight, however I think this is a universal phenomenon - I witness it often in the middle of Europe. Laughing

muscadecipio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IP pointed to Johannesburg (JHB), South Africa. Supported by the fact that his bank acc is at Carlton Center, in central Johannesburg. There is a large community of foreigners in a nearby suburb called Hillbrow. Not somewhere you walk alone at night.

Lol - interesting about central Europe. Strange that in SA the long story seems to be cultural thingy. Wonder if those Europeans also come from a strong oral tradition. I have never met an Brit or Germans that gave me a long story but my friend Alex, who is Czech, loves the long story.

United Kingdom x 3 "We don't understand the reason why you cannot be able to open our bank website because most of our customer's is opening our bank website to open there online banking account by them self." - lad customer service

Closed lad accounts "which account is Wrong your Agent received money on this account today if you can send the money sorry your winning money will cancelled." - confused lad
Terror Mask
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Try Italy: we love spinning a good yarn Very Happy

I GOT YOUR MAIL RIGHT NOW BUT THE PAYMENT SLIP THAT YOU SEND TO ME DID NOT SHOW ANY SIGNAL - Barr. St3v3 Mus4 4g4w4

.......i need to know cuz i like to do thing to pleased my self ok - John (or Frank) Smith.

FOOL I DON`T CARE HOW MUCH YOU MAKE IN 3 DAY. GOD GO PUNISH YOU LITTLE RAT. BEAST LIKE UR FATHER.... FUCK YOU AND FUCK UR FAMILY... U MOTHERFUCTHER (Barr. Michael Rich) Easter Egg 2011
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I'm Bavarian, but I've been around quite a bit. I suspect when a person is telling you a porky they tend to get longwinded.

Ed i miei amici siciliani sono bravissimi quando raccontano quello che gli è successo al mercato, per esempio ... Laughing
Translate: My Sicilian friends are brilliant when they tell me what happened to them at the market, for example ...

Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

muscadecipio wrote:
Not somewhere you walk alone at night.

I wouldn't walk alone there in the day either Shocked

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic