SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

GYM etc

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Couldn't agree more with Juan/Mark Twain/Maynard-Hutchins.

I have very little comprehension for people who say they 'enjoy' exercise, although to seek health benefits is I suppose more understandable.
Quote:

The fact that I stopped eating meat forever a year and a half ago, amazingly, hasn't helped.

Just as I thought. I make a point of having steak at least 3 times a week. I couldn't do without juicy cows.

Quote:

I was a catcher (baseball save the jokes) when I was a kid and I think my knees are shot from it.

Yet further evidence that certain forms of exercise do way more damage than good. That gets added to my list of evidence, including rugby and football (soccer) injuries that many people I know have.

All you exercise folks will have the extra 2-3 years you'll be on this planet longer than me, but at least my only ailment will be the heart attack that kills me, not the various broken/inoperative limbs as a result of many sporting injuries over the years.

(FYI, I am not, and never have been obese. I have a BMI of 21 (ish), take as little exercise as I can and eat lots of red meat - yet I have not reached a stage whereby I think I need to lose weight.)

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
Obesity is not really the biggest issue, its your heart and lungs, as you get to the 50's this will show as a bigger problem. Even having 15 min a day of exercise is better than nothing, sports injuries arise from incorrect form or over doing it.

But the red meat thing is actually a big myth, I eat 3 kgs of red meat a week, red meat is bad when you over cook it,fry it and eat it in conjunction with donuts, chocolates, sweets etc etc and no vegetables. I also drink 1 L of milk a day, and 3-6 eggs a week, my cholesterol is 3.

The problem also with weight/no exercise, is that you may also carry a lot of fat around your organs and not outside of muscles, just because you have a low BMI doesn't mean you may not be a ticking time bomb...heart attacks are great and all, but strokes are not so much fun. Muscles also start to atrophy after just 24 hrs without use, so you may yet develop some wonderful limb and support issues as you get older.

Re-reading what I typed, I guess it sounds a little preachy, and I'm not meaning to be, I just think over emphasizing body weight as an indicator of health is a big risk, and that you don't have to be a lean mean robot to get benefit from some exercise, we after all are not amoebas.

Personally I'm sure I'll get murdered long before I enjoy those 2-3 extra years anyways, I do it because it pumps me full of oxygenated blood and endorphines, I feel better, think clearer and it's fun to have a goal to say lift x amount, just because I can.

Laughing

*edit I only spend 6-8hrs a week in the gym anyways, I'm not a super health nut or anything

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
, I just think over emphasizing body weight as an indicator of health is a big risk

I do understand where you're coming from, I thought for the purposes of this discussion in context of the 'obesity crisis' and the like it would be apt to reference weight.

Quote:

that you may also carry a lot of fat around your organs and not outside of muscles, just because you have a low BMI doesn't mean you may not be a ticking time bomb...heart attacks are great and all, but strokes are not so much fun.

27 years, 253 days, 12 hours and 24 minutes until my first heart attack. Who knows where it will lead to?

Quote:

so you may yet develop some wonderful limb and support issues as you get older.

That's correct, but I balance that against the impact injuries I'm likely to get from running, or the torn ligaments or broken legs from other sporting activity. I did read your point about injuries arising when an activity is done incorrectly, but I'm not sure that's always the case.

Quote:
red meat is bad when you over cook it,

Not an issue, med-rare every time with the blood pooling underneath it. Very Happy

Quote:
I do it because it pumps me full of oxygenated blood and endorphines, I feel better, think clearer and it's fun to have a goal to say lift x amount, just because I can.

That's where our differences lie. I have no ambition or desire for such an effect (and if I did, I'd turn to drugs Laughing)

Quote:
I only spend 6-8hrs a week in the gym anyways

That really is quite funny!

Anyway, all that has been established is we both can justify our positions, we both do/do not exercise for different reasons, and in my view the pros/cons balance out in the end. 6-8 hours a week of soul sucking torture vs 6-8 a week of idleness, to gain some years on a life which could end going under a bus tomorrow is just not worth it for me.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^etc

Reading some of this stuff makes me feel dizzy nowadays.

I'm 51, 6'2" and weigh over 15 stone, drink alcohol, smoke occasionally, clamber up and down steep riverbanks with tons of fishing tackle, cycle a bit and probably walk 5 miles + a day. I don't do none of the exercise as part of any conscious fitness regime, it's just normal stuff.

Last time I went into a gym it was years ago to help investigate a 'sudden death'.

Just do what you enjoy but don't burn out and knacker your body in the process!

"..May your unborn kids don't grow and may you be burnt to ashes asap ! " CCS
"..Sir we have given you more than 5 different accounts yet you still complaining " SCB
" YOU LOW LIFE SATANIC AGENT, FORWARD THESE MESSAGES TO YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER, THEY WILL DEFINITELY ENJOY READING THEM." RG

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

juan wrote

Quote:
"I have never taken any exercise, except sleeping and resting, and I never intend to take any. Exercise is loathsome.

That just made my day! Thank you ever so much.

I used to live along one of the Great Lakes where people would run by the Lake. The runners never looked happy and that cemented my decision to not run. I would think exercise should be fun and they did not look like they were having any fun.

There once was a book published about if you were looking for exercise, grab your mate and head for the bedroom Wink Wink

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched a football match once, felt really tired afterwards. Never again, demanded refund.

Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^^^
Exercise is only as fun as you make it, and sex is a very good for burning calories.

Quote:

I'm 51, 6'2" and weigh over 15 stone, drink alcohol, smoke occasionally, clamber up and down steep riverbanks with tons of fishing tackle, cycle a bit and probably walk 5 miles + a day.

5 miles is more than most people do, and if you do that ever day its will keep you at a fairly good fitness range.

Quote:

That really is quite funny!

It's really alot less than most people, some people that go to my gym hit it twice a day, 5 days or more a week. I'm far from a 'gym nut' or exercising enough to get an injury.

And I said impact injuries were also from over doing it, I run maintance on myself just like you would a car, I heat pack myself and ice pack myself whether I have injuries or not, stretch, and even visit the physio on a regular basis.

And you're correct it's a matter of taste etc but you ultimately need some kind of exercise, you don't need to lift 100's of kilos to be healthy, but you do need to do some exercise to be healthy.

Also I'm sorry if this got the angle of addressing obesity, my intent right from the start was just to talk about routines and stuff, world obesity is not on my agenda, people can do what they like with their bodies.

"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get more than enough exercise at work. I get paid for that! Why waste money to play with someone elses toys?
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On a related note, has anyone here tried the WII fit? What did you think?
I have not tried it yet, but am wondering if it is worth the money - to me that seems preferable to going to the gym.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife is in a mountain biking club. Despite all being super fit, they are usually broken in one way or another.

Meantime I stay fine by watching sport on TV. Wink

ATM, she has a broken ankle from skiing, stumping around the house like a mad pirate. She did weeks of preparation, I did none, but skied all week. She lasted 2 hours.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ As long as you aren't rubbing it in her face, Roy. I am sure you would never do that, right? Razz Laughing

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cougar wrote:
I have not tried it yet, but am wondering if it is worth the money - to me that seems preferable to going to the gym.

I haven't....but the xbox kinect is monsterous, I was finished.

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm looking for a personal trainer. If you are interested, please PM me.

next victim wrote:
I get more than enough exercise at work. I get paid for that! Why waste money to play with someone elses toys?

Or should I think about getting a job? If you know a nice one, please PM me.

Morgain wrote:
There once was a book published about if you were looking for exercise, grab your mate and head for the bedroom Wink Wink

Anyone interested... please PM me. Very Happy

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cougar wrote:

I have Daisy Fuentes Pilates for the wii but I just watch her so I don't know how much of a workout I get.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cougie, Wii fit with the right excerise program (not the provided as it is kinda not very exciting, I like the EA Active) is a good tool. It's activity. I have seen testimonials where it has panned out better than expected for some. Another piece of electronica to look into is a calorie tracker that not only counts intake but output as well to balance the two.

Remember, Rule#1: CARDIO... Laughing

Be prepared for zombie armageddon.

Shocked What was that N.O.R.A.? a personal trainer? Very Happy

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Last edited by Badgerbait on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Badgerbait wrote:
Shocked What was that N.O.R.A.? a personal trainer? Very Happy

A bit like my Mentor, you know. Unfortunately he can't take all roles in my life. Laughing

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..

Terror Mask
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Interesting Wink

I GOT YOUR MAIL RIGHT NOW BUT THE PAYMENT SLIP THAT YOU SEND TO ME DID NOT SHOW ANY SIGNAL - Barr. St3v3 Mus4 4g4w4

.......i need to know cuz i like to do thing to pleased my self ok - John (or Frank) Smith.

FOOL I DON`T CARE HOW MUCH YOU MAKE IN 3 DAY. GOD GO PUNISH YOU LITTLE RAT. BEAST LIKE UR FATHER.... FUCK YOU AND FUCK UR FAMILY... U MOTHERFUCTHER (Barr. Michael Rich) Easter Egg 2011
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TM has the gist... Laughing

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a view of the old school workout. They have changed a lot since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGN0hMhPJ7w&feature=related
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Badgerbait wrote:
TM has the gist... Laughing

One PM already received... and it wasn't from TM. Cool

Terror Mask
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't underestimate me Cool

I GOT YOUR MAIL RIGHT NOW BUT THE PAYMENT SLIP THAT YOU SEND TO ME DID NOT SHOW ANY SIGNAL - Barr. St3v3 Mus4 4g4w4

.......i need to know cuz i like to do thing to pleased my self ok - John (or Frank) Smith.

FOOL I DON`T CARE HOW MUCH YOU MAKE IN 3 DAY. GOD GO PUNISH YOU LITTLE RAT. BEAST LIKE UR FATHER.... FUCK YOU AND FUCK UR FAMILY... U MOTHERFUCTHER (Barr. Michael Rich) Easter Egg 2011
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I have Daisy Fuentes Pilates for the wii but I just watch her so I don't know how much of a workout I get.

Probably one arm is more muscular than the other!! Laughing

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I can crack walnuts in one hand.

Seriously I do like the wii and just some of the activities like boxing on Resort will get your heart rate going.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can crack walnuts with one hand

true its got a hammer in it but...

My son is really into cycling, he's dropped a couple of stones in weight since he took it up
He cycled to Linlithgow at the weekend ( about 25 miles) "just to see where the canal path goes"
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
I can crack walnuts with one hand

true its got a hammer in it but...

Laughing

Yes, we women have learnt to use not only power but also our brain. Besides, we can always ask men to help. Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic