SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Definition of Irony.......

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TheDarkSpecter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes: (if not, can a mod please move)

Definition of irony:

I spend hours and hours and hours warning my friends, family... and even strangers about scams, how to protect themselves, and even how to avoid computer viruses ect ect ect......

and today my wife infects HER computer with the "vista security 2011" virus. She was just installing silly games on facebook... despite my constant warnings about randomly clicking links.... and POW... up pops the "vista security 2011" scareware warning.

This sucker is NASTY!!!!! It prevents you from doing practically anything... including booting in safe mode. As experienced as I am with computers, I'm having a really tough time even accessing her comp.

So be warned people, avoid this one like the plague!!! Pass this onto as many peeps as you know, and try to avoid my pain.

*edit*
I know this isn't a "scam" persay... but it can access a ton of personal info on your system.

------------------------------

...(snip) as you can not tell me that by now i am still a scam, because have already given you my word already. (Vincen*t Chen*g)

I want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly Way.

Motor: The Nigerian Police Force is your Friend (0KEZIE 0KIR0 NELS0N CFR,NPM,FWC, Inspector General of Police)

Closed lad accounts x4
woodyuk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our daughter got the same infection on her laptop,again from Facebook.

I eventually got rid of it by following the instructions at:-

http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2010/11/remove-vista-antispyware-2011-and-vista.html

And then running the free version of Malwarebytes which I downloaded to my computer,copied to a flash drive,renamed the exe. so the virus didn't recognise it and then installing it.

Lastly just to make sure it was completely gone I checked the registry for any of the keys mentioned on the site above.

next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is another one I read about this morning. It has taken over many websites and deposits a link, which redirects you to a Windows "something" Tool. (I cannot recall the "something" part, I believe it was SECURITY though). BE VERY CAREFUL!
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All of us can make mistakes. All of us here are pretty savvy.

But I have run into a few things that are clever. I seem to remember hearing the director of the FBI fell a phishing scam. He realized what he did right after he did it and called his bank. Luckily he didn’t lose any money

The first step on being conned is believing you can’t be conned.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
muscadecipio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vista Scecurity 2011, Spyware Security 2011 and a few hundred others are strictly not a virus but a type of malware called scamware. You usually get them by clicking away at things that say "Your computer may be infected, find out more here" and then installing some "virus checker". Usually these are harmless but give you pop-ups that tell you that you have 1,234 infected files (but we can clean them for you). They also disable certain Win services and resist being uninstalled. Some carry viruses to help along their self-fulfilling prophecy. Like all scams this modality relies on the gullibility and inexperience of the target.

Pay your money to get cleaned and one of 3 things may happen. They "clean" you of what they put there in the first place, they infect you further to extort more cash, or you never hear from them again.

This modality of scam originated in Ukraine with criminal gangs who fronted legitimate start-up software companies (with govt development money). As soon as they got investigated their offices would close overnight and the money would vanish. Some even registered perfectly legitimate legal entities in the US that were just shells. More recently this kind of scamming has gone underground.

United Kingdom x 3 "We don't understand the reason why you cannot be able to open our bank website because most of our customer's is opening our bank website to open there online banking account by them self." - lad customer service

Closed lad accounts "which account is Wrong your Agent received money on this account today if you can send the money sorry your winning money will cancelled." - confused lad
piecrust
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ fruit flies have never seemed so good. Thanks for the advice, it's more complex than it seemed. Sad

You would look good in Gold
Never use windows auto-fill again, use something much more secure like lastpass for free.

"I am a man of hing reputation." - Loan lad Billy Hord.
"don't even think of given me that crap that you are Deaf and dump or my line is cut off , i don't have a phone please don't.." - Loan lad Billy Hord. (Having been baited to hell)
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@muscadecipio Several years ago I had that problem with one of my computers. I never paid the inital $50 USD they wanted, but immediately took my computer in town to the Computer Doctor and he fixed. He further indicated that many of his clients did fall for the scam and many paid as much as a total of $500 to the scammers. They started with a $50 "fix", then they fixed a problem, and the next fix would cost you $75, and so on.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Terror Mask
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They tried that trick a couple years ago with one of my mom's friends.
Fortunately for them, Mother Mask, being constantly on tinfoil hat mode, asked me first Very Happy

I GOT YOUR MAIL RIGHT NOW BUT THE PAYMENT SLIP THAT YOU SEND TO ME DID NOT SHOW ANY SIGNAL - Barr. St3v3 Mus4 4g4w4

.......i need to know cuz i like to do thing to pleased my self ok - John (or Frank) Smith.

FOOL I DON`T CARE HOW MUCH YOU MAKE IN 3 DAY. GOD GO PUNISH YOU LITTLE RAT. BEAST LIKE UR FATHER.... FUCK YOU AND FUCK UR FAMILY... U MOTHERFUCTHER (Barr. Michael Rich) Easter Egg 2011
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had this recently, it drove me nuts by refusing to let me delete files, or run anti malware software, or even connect to the internet - very clever! At least I realized the warning messages (with their not quite perfect English) were 100% fake.

Luckily my laptop was fine, and found some good instructions to follow, using Malwarebytes, as above.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
EvilMosin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I helped my friend to deal with this type of malware about a year ago. The baastids are getting craftier.

In general, if you have virus troubles, navigate here:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

These guys are good and know their stuff.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic