SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

zamstar.co.uk

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GreyAmadeus
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Require some advice please

Somebody claiming to be from this company contacted a work colleague asking for bank account details to make a donation (to our charity). No bank account was given but now our logo appears on their site.

An email went round warning of a suspicious phone call and it sent alarm bells ringing.

I think this may be fraudulent for the following reasons:

+No contact address
+UK based (due to 0800 freephone number) but not in companies house EDIT: Is listed in Companies House as 'Dissolved'
+Ask for bank details to register - unencrypted form
+Unaffiliated whois and short registration period

Quote:

Domain name:
zamstar.co.uk

Registrant:
Michelle Badrock

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
63a Kempenfeldt Ave
Sorrento
WA
6 020
Australia

Registered through:
GoDaddy.com, Inc.
URL: http://www.godaddy.com

Registrar:
Key-Systems GmbH [Tag = KEY-SYSTEMS-DE]
URL: http://www.Key-Systems.net

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 17-Sep-2009
Renewal date: 17-Sep-2011
Last updated: 02-Jun-2010

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns1.theplanet.com
ns2.theplanet.com

Disclaimer
WHOIS lookup made at 11:06:05 05-Apr-2011

Also, no other web presence

Can I get a few opinions please - want to be careful as this is related to something that happened at work

I will kill if it is killable

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x28 United Kingdom x46 Malaysia x4 Ghana x2 South Africa United States x16 Japan x2 Switzerland Netherlands x3 x2 Benin Spain x5 Nigeria Burkina Faso Turks and Caicos x3 Ireland Turkey Cambodia Flag France x16
From: "you are the most important and special person in my life as far as this deal is concern"
To: "I ALREADY KNOW YOU ARE A BIG FOOL. I WILL APOLOGIZE ONLY FOR YOUR ASS AND BIG HEAD"
...in two weeks - Jean-Pierre
"We have had enough of these irregularities and we are not ready to play along with your antics anymore!" - Robert Lukman
"You are the biggest He Goat. You know what you need? Your Fat mama's ass...to feel good and normal" - also Robert Lukman (to Mr Gom3r)
woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

www.zamstar.co.uk

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely sketchy. Enough to prove fraud/scam or 419? I dunno. Confused

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
GreyAmadeus
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm, I guess you are right Dora.

Just felt like a needed a second opinion as it was a real curve ball in terms of my day-to-day work

Happy for this thread to be moved if there are no other opinions. I'm going to keep an eye on this and do some more personal investigation but I'll formally disassociate my interest in this site from this forum as it's not definitely 419/scam

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x28 United Kingdom x46 Malaysia x4 Ghana x2 South Africa United States x16 Japan x2 Switzerland Netherlands x3 x2 Benin Spain x5 Nigeria Burkina Faso Turks and Caicos x3 Ireland Turkey Cambodia Flag France x16
From: "you are the most important and special person in my life as far as this deal is concern"
To: "I ALREADY KNOW YOU ARE A BIG FOOL. I WILL APOLOGIZE ONLY FOR YOUR ASS AND BIG HEAD"
...in two weeks - Jean-Pierre
"We have had enough of these irregularities and we are not ready to play along with your antics anymore!" - Robert Lukman
"You are the biggest He Goat. You know what you need? Your Fat mama's ass...to feel good and normal" - also Robert Lukman (to Mr Gom3r)
ratter
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ you might contact the restaurants and/or the other charities featured on the site and see what they have to say.

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaSpainSwitzerlandBeninNetherlandsCanadaGhanaItalyIrelandMalaysiaUnited Nations = 56

Goat

PayPal Modality
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have looked at this multiple times and while I don't think it is our 419 AFF, I don't think it is completely legit either. Probably could/should be moved to Misc Scams for now. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
alex123123
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The above posts are incorrect.

In actual fact it is no different to other restaurant card suppliers such as http://www.tastecard.co.uk/ or http://www.gourmetsociety.co.uk/news/donated_gourmet_society_memberships_raise_money_for_charity.html

Please delete this entire post as money is being raised here for good causes and the information posted is not correct.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And what is your connection to the site? Or are you another of those "independent" one-post members who just happen to search on a site and post good things about them on forums, contradicting what everyone else says.

Oh and nice necro by the way.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Kronuk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Except that the company is not listed with companies house and there is no registered charity with that name either.

Unless you have the charity number?

The website seems very sketchy as there are no real details given. You cant see which restraunts are part of the scheme, unlike other dining cards so that doesnt inspire any confidence either.

EDIT: B if we keep meeting in these necro'd threads people will start to talk

I sincerely think you handling this account opening process really slowly - Mr Norman Chan

i w#nk to know how much you can afford - Mohammed Zahaf
Kronuk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the DP

But there is also www.zamstar.com which is almost identical to the .co.uk page.

The company on that is Zamstar Card Ltd but this is listed at companies house

Definately very fishy though unless www.zamstar.co.uk is a clone of zamstar.com for scam purposes and zamstar are un aware?

Although there is also www.zamstar-uk.co.uk

I sincerely think you handling this account opening process really slowly - Mr Norman Chan

B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To me all 3 sites look dodgy.

The WhoIs for zamstar.com shows that it was registered in December for one year and that the registrant used a proxy service to hide their identity.

The WhoIs for zamstar-uk.co.uk shows that it was registered in November for the minimum 2 years by someone in the Philippines.

Add to that the lack of physical address on the site (a requirement for UK businesses) and the unsecure login/registration pages and they don't look good.

They may not be AFF (and so out of this site's scope), but I wouldn't trust them with any money.

Thanks to alex123123 for bringing these sites back to our attention and improving their position in the Google results Laughing

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Kronuk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Thanks to alex123123 for bringing these sites back to our attention and improving their position in the Google results Laughing

Just spotted it on page 4. Interestingly ahead of the only thing that makes the site look legit which is at the top of page 6 and is

[url]twitter.com/#!/zamstarinside[/url]

I dont have time to look into the resturants being quoted on the feed but that may lend a clue to the legitamacy of it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic