SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New to this lark

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LittleScamp
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new to this, but have been reading the letters archive (Metimbers is a legend!) and am interested in wasting these scammers time. Fotunately I've never been scammed, I normally recognise a scam email when I see one, and just delete them. I'm fairly streetwise - these days. However going back a few years, I was really quite gullible and had I had a computer back then, I probably would have been easily scammed. If it had a sob story, I would be taken in!

My only concern is how dangerous these scammers can be - so I'm not sure if I'm quite ready yet to start. I'm going to hang around for a little while, read a little more to gain further insight before I go in 'for the kill'. I want to reassure myself of my safety before I take the plunge into the world of scam baiting.

I'm also not so confident of my ability to bait. Would it be ok if I started out slowly just by causing annoyance? (To the scammers, not to the forum!). Responding to their emails with loads of questions and probing, making myself sound interested and then saying "nah, but thanks anyway" or stopping responding?
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi LittleScamp!
Welcome to Eater!
Anything that you do to waste the scammers time is useful.
Have you considered signing up for a mentor? http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 'Eater you LittleScamp you. Very Happy

Have a look at 'Eater University.

You have the right idea about starting out. Your lads won't mind if you take it as it comes. A straight bait is the best way to get a feel for them and their modalities.
Just think like a victim. Wink

If you feel a little worried, don't forget that we're here. If you feel a little out of your depth, your lad won't mind if you drop him and then come back to carry the bait on once you have thought about it.

Feel free to ask all your questions here. As long as they're bait related, you'll get all the help you need. Smile

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

LittleScamp
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that - I think I might sign up for that once I've gained a bit more in confidence and am ready to engage in (false) dialogue with a scammer. I'd like to read a lot more before I go ahead and start conversing.

I came across this place after reading about someone on a money saving forum responding as "Bobby Davro" to a scammer. It had me in stitches with laughter as I saw this eejit con artist get his comeuppance, so I googled "Nigerian scams" to see if I could find any more similar tales of scammers being scammed (it really was funny) and found 419 Eater.

At first I thought it was just a bit of a laugh at the con artists' expense but as I've read further into it, I realised it is about so much more than that, and I'd like to help.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi LittleScamp, I like your attitude!

Reading (and reading and reading) first is always a good idea. Combining having some fun with distracting the lads from real victims is excellent.

Good luck with your baits!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LittleScamp wrote:
(Metimbers is a legend!)

He's a putz.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing

{sorry for laughing Mr Timbers}

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, read all of the stickies, ask questions, learn up on the details.
As was denoted, mentoring is available and a great way to make sure you're being safe and sane!

guy nawaaa for you oooh
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
a great way to make sure you're being safe and sane!

Please explain this sentence.

Welcome to the monkey house Little Scamp, sanity is an optional extra, not many tick the box here.

Man who lives on a knife edge wrote:
He's a putz.

You know when you mention that name he shrugs off the shroud, shifts the lid and reappears. He will see that, who do you want to write your eulogy?

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Javert
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, and welcome to 419eater, LittleScamp!

Reading up on baiting is a major priority, but don't let it impede your "baiting fun"!
(Yes, I'm somewhat insane, but it's a good insane!)

Anyway, once you feel ready, begin. If you don't like an approach, drop it, and the guy, too, if needed. If not, change your approach.

If you feel that you've messed up, that's fine. There are enough mugus out there, in the world, for everyone here to "mess up" at least one hundred times.

If you're looking to break some fake sites, well, hop on over! I usually spend my time there, seeing that I've a hectic lifestyle.

Sorry for the rambling, guys, and Metimbers is of the best.

Anyway, above all, bait, and don't forget to have fun!

United Kingdom x16 Nigeria x9 United States x8 Portugal x1 Switzerland x1 Spain x2 Ivory Coast x1 South Africa x1 Ghana x1 x1 Australia x1 United Nations x5
Don't forget to donate!

Fake sites killed: 47
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater! Your doing exactly what you should be. Read what you can and then jump in to the fun. We have some fresh lads ready for you when you ready. Wink

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome LittleScamp, when you bait correctly your safe. The biggest threats are to you sleep and social life.

Read up, get a mentor, and join us.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome LittleScamp to the world of baiting. As others have said it's good to read and as long as you use an e-mail provider that strips your IP (like Gmail) and don't use any RL info in your baits you should be safe from scammers. Wink

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

irishemigrant wrote:
Quote:
a great way to make sure you're being safe and sane!

Please explain this sentence.

Just trying to recommend the mentoring process available here... Confused

Edited to add:
I think I caught the errors of my ways, I should have said "baiting"
safe and sane...everyone's on their own on the other aspects of their lives!!

guy nawaaa for you oooh
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, LittleScamp. Very Happy
Take baiting at your own pace. Don't feel like you have to respond to them right away, either. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Your delays in responding right away annoy them too, which is the most satisfying part. Smile

You can be as insane as you want to as the only psychological tests are given to the lads to fill out. So, have fun and enjoy tormenting them. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome LittleScamp! I too think your approach is totally appropriate - this is an excellent way to get a sense of how the scammers operate, and there's definitely no harm in amusing yourself by being annoying in whatever way while you do this.

I also like your idea of ending these baits (either no longer interested or stopping responding) - you will probably find that in both cases it will take the scammers a while to accept your final decision - and possibly more amusement/annoyance as they try to keep hold of you.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic