SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I AM A INTERNET DINOSAUR AND I NEED HELP!!! Please anyone..?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Baglady
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

My mother is currently being scammed by some motherfucker who claims to be an australian living in Nigeria trough facebook. My sisters and I logged onto her facebook account and the excanged mails clearly demonstrate that he is luring her in with sweet talk and also that he has finally arrived to the last fase of asking for significants amounts of money so that he can come and visite her in Europe. All his money has supposedly gone into some project he is supposed to be managing in Nigeria. We have warned our mother but she wil lnot listen. She is the typical easy victim: a middle aged lonely and desperate woman that blossoming from the attention of this so-lacced good looking man (from his facebook profile pic) She has already gone trough hell in her life and we really want to protect her from any more hardship. Is there anyone who can help us get this motherfucker?

please send me a private message of you are interested in this scammer and I will forward his facebook URL or name (or what's it called)

Also how can I get someone kicked out of facebook? Is there anyway to get these people locked up?

thank you so much for at least taking the time to read this message...

greetz
beserker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hiya bag lady,
I'm not a 'stalkerbook' user myself but there should be some sort of report facility (maybe another member can help out there?) can you not blosk him/her as a 'friend'?

and as for getting them 'locked up' chances are very slim to nil

sorry not much help but hope it is a start for you.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baglady,

Please forward his profile info to me. I do a lot of romance victim warning in facebook--it is an increasingly common way for romance scammers to operate. Also, if you have any of his messages, please forward those, or start a thread at scamwarners with any additional information you can find.

You can report a profile at facebook, though in my experience, they frequently don't take action. But if you want to report it as fake, it probably won't hurt in this case.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

danke schön Smile
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is indeed a report/block button on the person's profile, so navigate to it and click. Although it might be better to report it at scamwarners and get your mom away from him, as just like gmail etc, I'm sure they can just keep making new profiles.

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
Stin Kei Poo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is not exactly a nice thing to do but it could help avoid a bad situation while your mother is brought round to the fact she is being scammed. I personally (mothers are not that computer literate) would simply add facebook IP to the hosts files and have it resolve to 127.0.0.1. She will not be able to connect to FB as long as she is not aware of what has been done and how to get round it. You can then remove this block at a later date Wink
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater. Forward the info to Dorothy, she's a pro at this kind of thing.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm working with baglady to help get her mother clear of this scammer, as that is the most important thing right now.

Once we get that taken care of, he can be made fair game for anyone who wants to try to be his friend.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Let me know if I can help. I'm so sorry baglady, but you are in good hands now.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm so sorry, baglady!

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic