SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

housing scam--now what??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pirategirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all, I'm new here and I think I've got a live one!

House for rent listed on Craigslist; the house is real, complete with For Rent sign! however the email reply I got was obviously from a Nigerian scammer who claims to have the keys and documents with them.

So I've got a phone number in the email. What can I do now? I don't know how they can let the house sit empty. It makes me angry!! I would like to see it repossessed so that it can be inhabited by somebody deserving (like ME.)

Anybody seen a scam like this before?
leonsumbitches
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have contacted them with real life details, do not try to bait. You can, however, post their emails (with headers) at ScamWarners so others can be warned.

Good news: the lad has absolutely nothing to do with the house. It belongs almost certainly to a real, honest person. Bad news: lads lie. Unless you have seen the house for rent somewhere else (preferably in person), you're better off assuming every single word of his ad was a lie.

I suggest you PM a mod for advice on what and where to post his details, and for possible help in determining what if any of the ad was real (so you could contact the real owners). I wouldn't be very optimistic about that, though.

GYV::Tanstaafl::Abiga::Game-theory::Church-Sites Easter Egg 2011
Closed lad accounts x 18 (10 from Tanstaafl baits) United Kingdom x 5 United States x 2 Ivory Coast Netherlands Malaysia Nigeria x 2 Spain
Safari SW Bait - Cl3tus Orof3 Accra->8auchi->Accra->Lagos, co-bait with Nowhere Man, Bravo, The Dane & psychicbait
insults and more
How to kill a Badger
pirategirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool, thanks! Very Happy
PenguinSlayer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am looking for a rental in a certain town and responded to an ad and was told to immediately wire 850 dollars to hold the house. There is no agent locally, I cannot view the house except for the outside, and he and his wife had to got to the UK for oil drilling (?) Once I pay the full amount they will mail me the keys. I've had about 6 exchanges with him and it's been fun. The funny thing is I went into the actual real estate office that is the property manager for that house. You think I should tell the Remax that their property is a pawn in a scam?
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Penguin Slayer!

Unfortunately, there is nothing Remax will be able to do about it. They need to post pictures. descriptions, and addresses on their website where scammers can harvest them.

Remax could put a general scam warning on their homepage if they haven't already done it - however, they might consider it would scare customers away altogether.

Please, could you visit our sister site, ScamWarners, and post the details of the scam? It will protect other potential victims who google them

Thanks for posting!

Lickit Porfavor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure some body has posted. We will offer you a forward fee 'for my interior decorator ya haa' and (leave your number) I vill call you ya And shout at you - scare you.

So now that you are 'terrified' make yourself a cup of tea, scratch your nuts. DO NOT leave it too long - return after switching the kettle on and give it "she's just coming" then bung the phone on the sofa and turn up the volume on Deep Space Nine.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to Eater. I don't understand what your post means. Could you please explain?

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic