SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hurt the Lads?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Knackers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Lad being physically harmed in the course of a bait?

It has just come up in a bait I am doing where my character is a shady arms dealer. He wants the Lad to find some buyers who will not ask any questions. I could see a scenario where he may involve the wrong people in the bait, with him ending up sending scam mails from the devils cyber cafe.

Its not so much an ethics question, if he is stupid enough to put his life in danger its just natural selection, but I ask out of curiosity

Cheers

Knackers

Closed lad accounts x3

Closed lad accounts x16 JET Mass-bait

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate

"You learn a lot about people when you play games with them."
-Laura Moncur (not a Lad)
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Knackers,

Sometimes they complain they got robbed, attacked and so on on safaris for example, however, you have to keep in mind lads lie. A lot.

Personally I'm a bit of peacekeeper, so I wouldn't like the picture of my lad dying. I'm not sure if there is some official rule or something like that regarding such matter.

However, if my lad broke leg while travelling to visit me and rob my every single penny, I would be happy enough. Smile

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Zapmaster
Wang Qin Baiter

Location: Member in good standing of the Ayers Rock Surf Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't forget; some of these lads deliberately lure their victims to them and then rob (and sometimes kill) them.

Others deliberately scam people out of every dollar they have and only quit when the person simply can't even afford to get any more money to them. People have committed suicide before, as a direct result of this, and I do not believe that the lads were overly cut up about this.

They are all like this. If you give a lad money, he will keep coming back for more, and make up lies to demand more, with no thought to your wellbeing.

The legalities may be one thing, but I would personally have no qualms about sending a lad into a dangerous situation.

Current score:
[mask:1]Bruce Goanna[/mask:1] - 5.
[mask:1]Wang Qin[/mask:1] - 0. Easter Egg 2011

Bank kills: United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Netherlands
Mortar x3
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even though I was trying to avoid the personal ethics question, you made me reply Zap Smile

I am completely aware of what they do and how people, who got scammed, may end up.

However, if my lad got killed because of me, and it was my fault, I would feel bad. But maybe that's just me.
As I have said, I woudln't mind getting his ass kicked, robbed and punched in the belly by some street robber...

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Juan's hidden fries!
TheDarkSpecter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Zap on this one. If a lad got hurt (or worse), as a direct result of my bait, well... I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it. In fact, I would probably try the same thing on other lads... maybe thin out the herd a bit. If scamming became a very dangerous "occupation", maybe the number of scammers would reduce greatly, which is exactly what we are trying to accomplish here.

Just my opinion of course.

------------------------------

...(snip) as you can not tell me that by now i am still a scam, because have already given you my word already. (Vincen*t Chen*g)

I want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly Way.

Motor: The Nigerian Police Force is your Friend (0KEZIE 0KIR0 NELS0N CFR,NPM,FWC, Inspector General of Police)

Closed lad accounts x4
Zapmaster
Wang Qin Baiter

Location: Member in good standing of the Ayers Rock Surf Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup, understood that.

You have a valid point of view, and I can respect that.

Me, I drove a taxi for ten years (and yes, I have issues) and now I'm a security guard. Scammers insult basically everything I work for.

I'd be astonished if I ever got the chance to do harm to a real live actual scammer, but right now I think I'd probably go ahead with it.

Of course, 'right now' is me sitting typing at a computer, which is a far cry from standing over a scammer with a baseball bat ...

... but I think I would, yes. Probably.

EDIT: I have to agree with Specter - if scammers found out that scamming can get you killed, 90% of them would fade away.

I'd be willing to help with that.

Current score:
[mask:1]Bruce Goanna[/mask:1] - 5.
[mask:1]Wang Qin[/mask:1] - 0. Easter Egg 2011

Bank kills: United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Netherlands
Mortar x3
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suspect that, within mugu culture, there is a lot of violence - senior ogas beating up the underlings, etc. I wonder how many mugus went to the airport to meet Fred Flintstone, and then were beaten up by a frustrated oga when Fred failed to show?

As for baits getting mugus hurt or killed....A famous baiter on this board once sent two mugus to Chad....as far as we know, they never returned home.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
piecrust
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm kind of ambivalent on this. Consciousley i'm with Mortal, i wouldn't seek serious dammage or violence to be inflicted on anyone and think that i would feel bad if it did.

When it comes down to it however, if it happened to one of 'my lads' i just dont know... I may be able to rationalise that it'd lead to fewer people wanting to scam, and that they probably deserved it, but i think what i fear most is that i should actually come to enjoy it. That would be bad.

The idea of spreading as much paranoia and fear among the lads as possible, perhaps sufficient to make them think twice about their career choices....
That would be good.

You would look good in Gold
Never use windows auto-fill again, use something much more secure like lastpass for free.

"I am a man of hing reputation." - Loan lad Billy Hord.
"don't even think of given me that crap that you are Deaf and dump or my line is cut off , i don't have a phone please don't.." - Loan lad Billy Hord. (Having been baited to hell)
JohnDoe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've wondered a bit about this. I tried searching but I the results were for killing bank accounts and dead websites.

Though there's much easier ways to harm a lad than sending him on Safari and hoping he trods on a landmine. There's any number of simple things you could tell him to do that are actually crazily dangerous (like mixing certain household chemicals).

I'd not advise doing the above, for legal reasons, and because it seems like crossing a line or two. In any case, If cash baiting is banned here, there's no way that the staff will allow manslaughter baiting Wink
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zapmaster wrote:
You have a valid point of view, and I can respect that.

Well, thank you Smile
Zapmaster wrote:
EDIT: I have to agree with Specter - if scammers found out that scamming can get you killed, 90% of them would fade away.

I'd be willing to help with that.

As I have said - of course I want to deliver some serious hell to lads, if that may involve injuries of some sort, fine, they had it coming. But killing people, that ain't my style Smile

Juan's hidden fries!
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes. Lads have been hurt in the course of some baits. Some have also been arrested, gotten lost, lost money... all sorts of things. And as much as some might like to blame the baiters, it's really the lads that put themselves into such situations.

Think of it this way... do you really think that it is possible to get a lad physically hurt simply by crafting a bunch of emails? For a lad to get hurt as a result of a bait, all of the planets need to align. The odds are remote at best.

Don't lose too much sleep if a lad tells you that he was hurt. The odds are, he is lying through his scamming teeth. And if he was actually hurt, well, maybe the idiot will think twice the next time he tried to rip someone off.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
HarmlessBunny
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well the only case I heard of one getting injured in the line of duty is on 419hell.com , where one of "Calvin's" baits where he posed as a cheque writer for a mugu ended up getting the boy slashed with a broken bottle across his forehead. His buddies didn't take kind to what they thought was a dolla chop from their boy.

I would never seek for the buggers to get injured, but if it happens...there will be no tears shed for them. At least not on my end. As it has been said before: Karma is a bitch Very Happy
piecrust
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Double Ninja!

^^ What are serious injuries though?

1/Getting beaten him up? - Yes.
2/Getting him locked up for 20 years. - Yes.
3/Getting him tattoed with "I Shag Goats" - Yes.

1/ If it happens, but i would'nt set it up.
2/ Yes, i want that in my siggy.
3/ Working on it. Smile

Quote:
of course I want to deliver some serious hell to lads, if that may involve injuries of some sort, fine, they had it coming.

But death, no, me neither. I won't arrange that.

Is someone around here saying that they would? Don't make me involve my grey cousin! Wink

Edit: Yeah W. Shure, we allow them self determination, if they screw themselves up then fine.
HarmlessBunny, that's the environment the lad's in, we can't help that. (Bottles hurt, scars heal, i know - you should see the scars on my head) and yes, she is. Smile

Never use windows auto-fill again, use something much more secure like lastpass for free.

"don't even think of given me that crap that you are Deaf and dump or my line is cut off , i don't have a phone please don't.." - Loan lad Billy Hord. (Having been baited to hell)
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone ever googled the "stuntman tryouts" videos on youtube? A lad will do anything for money. I bet if you ask one slap a cop (on video,of course), that is the only place they will draw the line. It could lead to their immediate arrest!

Bait according to your heart but keep in mind the rules of the forum and the ethics we ascribe to to keep Eater as a premier anti-scam website.

Ethics threads. So many.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@badger - Ethics thread... Even though most of it is just said all over again and again, they're not bad, from time to time and as I have stated in my very first reply, I was trying to avoid the ethics question.

Well, oops.

@piecrust - You have pretty much the same opinion on it as I do.

@YeaWhatever - well, if the lad wouldnt be scamming people, no baiter would arrange his accident - whether on purpose or not, right? Wink

Juan's hidden fries!
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mortal sez:

Quote:
"arrange an accident"

Is that Mr. Soprano or Corleone? Laughing

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Knackers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gday all
Some definite food for thought in there. As I said it wasn't really an ethics question, more checking if there was a precedent at all.
I realise that a Lad being seriously hurt, or even killed, in a bait would be the extreme of extreme situations. But there again so is a victim flying out to meet a Lad and meeting his end, I believe I have read there are confirmed cases of this happening.

And my Lad did turn out to be smart enough to not get involved, Two photos of machine guns in crates was enough to put him back on script and wanting to invest in my country (not illegal arms trading) Left a small opening to go back to a straight bait though, so not all bad.

Genus Chikus Shitus ?

Closed lad accounts x3

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Better read the Dafur and Skeleton Coast baits, I don't think either lad faired well. We'll never know...

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Filtiring out the bullshit and exaggerations is the hardest part. It's also VERY difficult getting any concrete proof the lad was really hurt and or arrested. As I have been doing a little research on arrest/prison in Nigeria I can say it's not a place I'd like to go Wink

As far as the ethics that is a personnel matter for each baiter to decide. I will say until your put into the situation it's hard to assume how you will really feel. Just go into things knowing the "worst" is a possibility although not a probability.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Knackers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe a "Jackass" modality. They would have to make videos tasering each others nuts...
Laughing Wink

Closed lad accounts x3

piecrust
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ hell yes Very Happy

Anybody want schematics for a homemade device to do this, PM me. Laughing
(Serious, using any available materials)

internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A "Jackass" modality...

That's GENIUS! I like the idea very much of pretending to be a talent scout looking to setup Jackass Nigeria/Ghana/Senegal/Whatever....

And then lads film themselves doing stupid and/or dangerous things...

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bravo95 wrote:
It's also VERY difficult getting any concrete proof the lad was really hurt and or arrested.
You can say that again!

Although I would change it to:

It's also VERY difficult getting any concrete proof the lad was really hurt and or arrested in a West African country -- especially Nigeria. Laughing

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh no...Lads Gone Wild can't be far....

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Badger: I like THAT idea as well...

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic