SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

So they sent me the check..Now what?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Smokey Joe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, first time poster.

I placed an ad on craigslist selling a couch. Wanted $500.

"Sophia" answered the add with the following:

Quote:
Hello, do you still have this? When can I come check it out? Shoot me an email back as soon as possible pls or you can leave me a message here on my phone number 951-639-8594, I'm speech disabled though, remember to leave your name and email address when you call.

PS: - You can just reply this email, I'm always with my computer

Sophia
951-639-8594

Seeing as how this seemed questionable, I responded back with a junk email address and used a fictitious name that yes the couch is for sale.

Next email:

Quote:
Thanks for writing back.I believe this is a good deal for me.The price here is more than 3 times of yours.It is just that i won't be able to come see it anymore as my business appointment in your area has been postponed.I am buying this as a gift for a cousin.I still want this and I believe we can move forward,after all, I have seen it and I think I am satisfied.Moreover,if there is any repair at all to be made,it is going to be on me bearing the consequence of not seeing it.I will mail you a bank official check for the quoted price, any repair will be on me, bearing the consequence of not seeing before buying and also add the funds that covers shipping to where is going. I will arrange a private shipper to handle the delivery so it doesn't stress you..Let me know if all these is fully understood and if it is something you would like to move on with by sending me your full name and address for the check.Thanks.

I'm thinking, wow, a private shipper - WTF?. So I respond back:

Quote:
Hi Sophia, Have you sent the check yet? I've got the sofa all packed and ready to be shipped. But I must tell you that I had a party the other night and someone vomited all over the couch. The dog shit on it as well, but I think you can get it cleaned. Please send me your address and I'll get the sofa prepared.

SO yesterday, a check arrives via FedEx. The shippers address on the fedex label is from Pleasanton, CA. The address on the check is from an address in Springfield MA, and the address to send the money order to a Holiday Inn located in Oakland, CA.

I let "Sophia" know that the check has arrived.

"Sophias" email:
Quote:
Okay Ed, time is of essence so you will sending the added fund via Money-gram to the mover,that way it gets there instantly and necessary pick up and delivery arrangement can be made asap and you can have that done at any wal-mart store near you. I have below the shipper's name and address to send the money to...

Stephanie King
77 Hegenberger Rd
Oakland, CA 94621

Money-gram wont charge more than $100 to send $1000, deduct it and send over $900 Email me back with the reference number and the sender's name. I will be waiting to hear from you soon. Let me also know the convenient day and time for the pick up next week.
Thanks

So this is where I'm at. I'm looking for some suggestions to really make Sophia frustrated or how far do I really want to take thius.

Any help here?
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you have to sign for the FedEx? If not, you never got it. Maybe an unscrupulous neighbor...

Are they sending it to your home addy? That's not too safe there. I would just drop it if you can say you never got the check. Just sound pissed, call them a scammer and say you're going to the police. They should drop you fast. NEVER accept scammer correspondance at you home or business. Bait clean, bait safe.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Smokey Joe. Do NOT cash that check. It will either be a fake, stolen, or from a scam victim. When the proverbial **** hits the fan, you will be in trouble.

If you would be willing to either email or PM (private message) the information to me, I will pass it on to our victim warners at www.scamwarners.com They may be able to stop the other people involved from losing money.

It is also likely that the fedex was sent with a stolen account#. I can make sure that gets reported and closed as well.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^+1 even more good advice!

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to concur if it came to an address that can be tied to you drop it.

If not and “you” signed for it. I saw your neighbor sign for it! I really did!

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just thought to myself, the neighbor thing ain't a good idea either. Google can find what houses are nearby. Long shot, but if the lad is pissed and has reasonable skills... Laughing what am I saying, it is a huge longshot, but there is a tinge of ITP. Some guy walking down the street signed for it I guess...a complete unknown.

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

Smokey Joe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did not use my home address or real name. It was sent to a pakmail that is not tied to me, so this individual does not have any personal info on me. No signature was required on the fedex either.

I was thinking of emailing the scammer back and saying something like, I went to deposit the check and the FBI became involved and they would like to speak with you. That would be good.
Smokey Joe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:
Welcome Smokey Joe. Do NOT cash that check. It will either be a fake, stolen, or from a scam victim. When the proverbial **** hits the fan, you will be in trouble.

If you would be willing to either email or PM (private message) the information to me, I will pass it on to our victim warners at www.scamwarners.com They may be able to stop the other people involved from losing money.

It is also likely that the fedex was sent with a stolen account#. I can make sure that gets reported and closed as well.

What info do you need?
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check your PMs by clicking the "Messages (New)" tab at the top of the page. Smile

ETA> He knows that the FBI can't do anything to him. If you are baiting him completely anonymously, you can certainly wind him up more than a simple threat about the FBI, and we can help! Very Happy

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
DoctorEnigma
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The check the person sent you is no good. Why would you try to cash it?

This is an old scam, I will send you my phony check. You will deposit it. You will send me real money, or you will give real money to the private shipper, and then the original check will come back as bogus.

I get these requests all the time, please send me your catalog and prices I want to make a large purchase. I will pay with credit card. I will have a private shipper come to pick the items up because I need them right away and I they will handle the export paperwork.
BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I email them back, "I am happy to accept your order, the merchandise is packed and ready to go, the charges are $15,500. (They haven't even ordered anything yet.) Please provide me with your credit card information as soon as possible. After processing your credit card we will wait for 30 days to insure your card is legitimate before we advise you of where your shipping company can pick up the goods. At the time of pickup your shipping company must pay $1000 for handling charges and $50 for each of the 30 days of storage or $1500. This $2,500 must be paid in cash. I am sure you will enjoy the items you purchased."

For some reason I never seem to hear from them again.

Doc
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Far better to tell the lad that you banked the check and then went out on the raging p*ss and spent all the money on ale and ho's!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
father Miguel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with music man, I have done this in the past and is great fun, I even ask for another check and tell them I would pay them back for my errant behavior. Gambling away the money and spending it on wild women always works well, and with another check you can win the money back because you know that your luck is going to change.

PLEASE SEND THE MONEY AND STOP GAMBLING WITH MY MONEY. THANKS YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU....... Thomas Cook

Dear Hacker,
Why are you changing all my pws You can send me the pws to this email any year you are satisfied with your wickedness.God bless you
Thanks.... Armstrong Casey

send the payment back you talk too much and stop giving me orders what the Hell?.
....Michael Morgan
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always enjoy telling them what a whale of a time I had spending their money, until it all went wrong - so I can no longer send them anything.

Or I tell them that I gambled it and won, became stupidly rich, and am no longer interested in their minor transaction...

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ NOW I know why they are sending an Africa witch to 'attach' you bastard Smile

My advice for the check, Frame it or burn it then tell them the (insert pet here) ate it and resend. Enclose picture of guilty looking pet with a few scraps of check on floor/corner of mouth. Iguanas and Pandas make likely culprits .. shifty eyes you see ..

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
pondlife
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say I knew it was a scam all along, but I know someone who pays half face value on these cheques. I got the money in cash last week, but I won't be sending any. What are you going to do? Go to the police? Ha ha ha.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic